Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default 2018 - Final Scrappy Goals

As 2018 comes to a close, how's everyone doing on their scrappy goals? I know a lot of people have some Scrappy goals set at the beginning of the year (for me, it's always to not get any further behind -- which I can never seem to do ).

From here on out, my plan is just to get as many of the Christmas layouts that I am behind (so so many years worth of layouts ) done. I've spent a lot of time (and money ), in the shoppe this week-end, setting myself up for the potential to have great success at making the goal a reality (hopefully ).

I would love to hear what you all have going on Scrappy wise.... any certain number you'd like to hit? still plugging away at PL? Are you up to date? or trying to play a little catch up? Working on some gift items? Giving up on 2018 goals and starting to decide what you'd like to see/do in 2019? (this is usually me )...... anything and everything?

I hope you all have a fantastic week!!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really set scrapping goals.

I have hit Bingo Blackout every month this year except March, which is huge for me because I was too intimidated to even participate before this year! So, I'm pretty proud of that!

Next year, I would really like to focus on getting my two boys' scrapbooks done at least through age 5 (they are 19 and almost 18. LOL!), which is where my daughter's scrapbooks are (she's 25). The photos aren't the greatest because they are film/first digi camera photos (about 200kb ...yes, KILOBYTES), so it's hard to feel like the pages are great. But, the most important thing is getting them done so they can see all their memories!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't really have any yearly goals, except to keep scrapping the memories we make.

I don't scrap in any certain order, but I have scrapped most of my older photos and have some for 2018 left to scrap, so I'll mostly be scrapping those to get into an album.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I asked what our 2018 goals were, you can find your answers here
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=88187

These were mine:

1. Print three 100-page albums. I have them finished, just need Winfklash to do their flatate sale and for the money to be in the budget. (DIDN'T Do as we didn't have the funds to do so--maybe next year)

2. Print at least three large canvas for our front entry, granted this isn't scrapbooking, but I need to edit the photos in Photoshop, so I classify it as a scrapping goal. And just like #1, I need to wait for Winkflash to have their canvas sale and money to be in the budget! (DIDN'T Do as we didn't have the funds to do so--maybe next year)

3. Get at least one line of Bingo each month. I believe, with the exception of this month, I've done this! Most months, I got blackout!

4. Scrap at least 10 new layouts a month. Ideally I would like 20+, but I'm starting off small!! Most months I have done 20+, with the exception of February, May and this month

5. I'd like to finish an album for both of my daughters and possibly finish our Disney album. Not even close!

I already know what my scrapping goal is next year. Many already know as I've already hinted about it!
Old 11-27-2018, 03:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My goals for this past year were

Do PL in 2018.
I am working on April.

Work on vacation albums (3).
I did 2/3. Go me!

I am also seriously considering going crazy and only using white backgrounds on all of the pages I create for the year 2018.
I have been doing this. I won't be doing it again but I can appreciate how the white backgrounds tie them all together into one year.

My laptop is on the fritz so I hope to wrap up 2018 by getting it (easily and inexpensively - ha!) fixed so I can work on my Countdown to Christmas album (my favorite project of the year).
Old 11-27-2018, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

Do PL in 2018.
I am working on April.

I did 2/3. Go me!

I am also seriously considering going crazy and only using white backgrounds on all of the pages I create for the year 2018.
I have been doing this. I won't be doing it again but I can appreciate how the white backgrounds tie them all together into one year.

My laptop is on the fritz so I hope to wrap up 2018 by getting it (easily and inexpensively - ha!) fixed so I can work on my Countdown to Christmas album (my favorite project of the year).
I hope you are able to get your computer fixed on the cheaper side of things!! Good luck!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I didn't make any specific plans but I do want to finish some years. I am not a chronological scrapper but I do want to finish some past years.

I think that will be my main goal for 2019
Old 11-27-2018, 09:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is quite the list of stuff! I am embarrassed to say I have never printed a layout yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

These were mine:

1. Print three 100-page albums. I have them finished, just need Winfklash to do their flatate sale and for the money to be in the budget. (DIDN'T Do as we didn't have the funds to do so--maybe next year)

2. Print at least three large canvas for our front entry, granted this isn't scrapbooking, but I need to edit the photos in Photoshop, so I classify it as a scrapping goal. And just like #1, I need to wait for Winkflash to have their canvas sale and money to be in the budget! (DIDN'T Do as we didn't have the funds to do so--maybe next year)

3. Get at least one line of Bingo each month. I believe, with the exception of this month, I've done this! Most months, I got blackout!

4. Scrap at least 10 new layouts a month. Ideally I would like 20+, but I'm starting off small!! Most months I have done 20+, with the exception of February, May and this month

5. I'd like to finish an album for both of my daughters and possibly finish our Disney album. Not even close!

I already know what my scrapping goal is next year. Many already know as I've already hinted about it!
Old 11-27-2018, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically either.... man, if I did I'd be even more behind waiting for myself to finish one before moving on. I like to scrap with whatever photos inspire me the most at the time because that usually gets my creativity flowing enough to do a few other pages that have been troubling me too. I have so many years that are all maybe 6 layouts away from finishing..... I would love to actually get them done in the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
I didn't make any specific plans but I do want to finish some years. I am not a chronological scrapper but I do want to finish some past years.

I think that will be my main goal for 2019
Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like you've had a productive year! Yay you!! White backgrounds all year sounds very challenging, but like you said it has created unity, and I bet it looks awesome all together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

Do PL in 2018.
I am working on April.

I did 2/3. Go me!

Old 11-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

To keep scrapping is a great goal.... as long as you keep moving things are getting closer to done I cannot wait for the day I can say I have 1......just 1 album complete lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I don't really have any yearly goals, except to keep scrapping the memories we make.

I don't scrap in any certain order, but I have scrapped most of my older photos and have some for 2018 left to scrap, so I'll mostly be scrapping those to get into an album.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Blackout every month is awesome!!! I know I had quite a few blackouts the first year, then a year with nothing at all..... this year I managed to get a few cards posted, but not nearly as many as I had hoped. I am looking forward to the inspiration December and 2019 brings, if I could manage to do a year of Blackouts, I would at the very least be able to say I completed a couple years

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I don't really set scrapping goals.

I have hit Bingo Blackout every month this year except March, which is huge for me because I was too intimidated to even participate before this year! So, I'm pretty proud of that!

Next year, I would really like to focus on getting my two boys' scrapbooks done at least through age 5 (they are 19 and almost 18. LOL!), which is where my daughter's scrapbooks are (she's 25). The photos aren't the greatest because they are film/first digi camera photos (about 200kb ...yes, KILOBYTES), so it's hard to feel like the pages are great. But, the most important thing is getting them done so they can see all their memories!
Old 11-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for posting the old goals thread, Kiana! You saved me typing it all out again. I like to print in chronological photo books, so I pick 4-6 months at a time and work on whatever inspires me from that time period until it's done. I print PL and non-PL pages in the same books and do additional photobooks for big trips. So, here's my progress...

Work on the pages for our 2016 Disney trip. I've set aside one day a week when all scrapping that I do will be for that album. The "one day a week" plan was an abysmal failure, but when we planned our 2nd Disney trip I got very excited about scrapping the first and did it all in a month this summer.

Finish PL 2017, hopefully by March. By March? Ha! What was I thinking? I will never scrap an entire year in 4 or 5 months. I finally finished PL 2017 last week.

Finish and print my non-PL 2017 pages. (I spent way too much of 2017 finishing 2016 pages, so I didn't start scrapping 2017 until this fall. I need to find a way to make up for lost time so I can start scrapping 2018 earlier than fall 2018.)I haven't found a way to catch up yet. I've finished and printed Jan-April and May-August, and I'll be watching sales soon to print Sept-Dec. So 2017 is basically done, but it's almost 2019 and I've only scrapped a handful of 2018 layouts.

Scrap a photobook from our 2017 vacation. (This is a quick project, something I may spend a week on at some point.) Nope...I was so far behind that I let this one go for now.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No scrappy goals for me. I just need to budget my time better and be more productive when I DO have scrap time. Work, school, church and home have been particularly busy for me this year, so I've not scrapped as much as previous years. I'm just happy to still be scrapping though.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goals for this past year were:
-Finish and print our last Disney trip DONE
-Be more active here at SSD DONE
- participate in Bingo challenges DONE

I think I have a goal for 2019 scrapping too. Maybe a couple of them.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

hmm...looked up what I set up for goals...

"I just want to get 'an' album done. I haven't finished an album for PL since 2010... December Daily since 2011... vacation albums since 2013... I've got 5 years of yearbooks... hubby's baby album... a 10 years of you album for my son who will be 11 next March... so this year's goal is to get one/any album done.. I don't care at this point."

Geez, I thought I would have had more in goals this year... good thing I didn't - I haven't even been able to hit this one... yet started three more albums! *smacks head* haha Okay - I WILL GET ONE ALBUM DONE!!! I have only 8 more pages for December Daily 2012 to finish that album! This year has been the lowest scraping for me since I started... ugh. I need to manage time better, or just tell kiddo to homeschool himself.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have too many goals and deadlines at work, so I don't set any expectations on what I should accomplish in any given year when it comes to scrapping. The most important thing to me is to preserve it as fun activity and not a chore.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I just looked at what I said when you posted this last year, Wendy...

Hmmm... I'm still spending WAY too much time on FB! Ugh! How does that even happen?

I did get some older photos scrapped, but I have SO many more. That's a priority this year.

I helped my bff scan her photos, but didn't get very many of mine done. I need to reconfigure my desk so I can scan while I'm scrapping.

I did decide that I will be printing individual pages and putting them in scrapbooks rather than printing books. Now I just have to decide on the scrapbooks to use! LOL!
Old 11-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
or just tell kiddo to homeschool himself.
That's too funny!

I'm thinking that I would like to do at least one blackout. I'll probably have to pick a month with 31 days.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:15 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Awful, awful, UGH!! I can't even look at the goals thread because I know how badly I fell short this year.

I did get some soulfully fulfilling pages done, and I finished my first BINGO blackout, I participated in NSD and DSD, but as far as weekly/monthly pages... epic fail.

Next year I have to have a better system, some time specifically etched out in my calendar for scrapping because I'm really falling behind and scrapping is supposed to be fun and therapeutic, not stressful!!
Old 11-30-2018, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Awful, awful, UGH!! I can't even look at the goals thread because I know how badly I fell short this year.

I did get some soulfully fulfilling pages done, and I finished my first BINGO blackout, I participated in NSD and DSD, but as far as weekly/monthly pages... epic fail.

Next year I have to have a better system, some time specifically etched out in my calendar for scrapping because I'm really falling behind and scrapping is supposed to be fun and therapeutic, not stressful!!
I think we all set hugely unattainable "goals" at the end/beginning of a year. Then real life sets in and we realize that we have to adjust.

It sounds like you accomplished things that were important to you. That's what is important.

"Falling behind" is okay. Keep notes and you can catch up when real life isn't taking all your time
Old 11-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm really close to finishing 2017 PL (and I was this time last year too), so I'm going to wrap that up this month and send it off. I'm about 1/2 done with both 2016 & 2018, so those will have to be finished in 2019.

It will be nice to get something finished & printed! That hasn't happened since Teddy was born!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've FAILED. Like big time! I have only scrapped 4 layouts this entire year.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have finished & printed our Christmas 2015 album.

I have finished & printed the album from our 3 week road trip out west.

I am 5 layouts away from finishing our Jan-June 2018, but I think I'm going to hold off because I want to enjoy the holidays and not feel the pressure of completing an album.

I had hoped to complete my 2017 family album, but I'm just super unmotivated and can't afford to print another book right now, so looks like it will be an easy scrappy goal to achieve for next year!

Overall, I feel like I achieved a good balance this year with scrapbooking, and I had fun with it, where in years past sometimes it got to feel like a chore.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:06 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm actually up to date with my 2019 PL- this was the first year where I didn't print single sheets, but crafted the whole album piece by piece without printing anything... that means, I now have to muster the courage to spend about 100 Euros on printing it...
I already know that I'm gonna love the printed book, and it's gonna be 12x12, so really huge- can't wait to hold it in my hands.
For next year, I would like to manage scrapping the "special occasions"- this year, I concentrated almost solely on PL.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I try to stay pretty caught up, but I'm running a year behind in my scrapping and I was hoping to finish up 2017 this year, but I lost a hard drive a few months back, it was backed up, but I lost all of my tags in ACDsee, which set me back! So, my goal is to get all my tagging updated before 2018 is over, so I can start 2019 off strong and actually get to scrapping!
Old 12-14-2018, 10:44 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I didn’t have any specific scrappy goals for 2018, though I finally finished our 2015 vacation album.

2019 is hopefully a big scrapbooking year for me. I chose “complete” as my OLW for the year, and getting caught up is my goal.

Before my son was born in April 2015 and had a birth diagnosis of Down syndrome, I was completely caught up from when I had started scrapping (2011) until his birth. He had a lot of medical issues. Then my FIL moved in with us July 2015, who had diabetes, dementia, and kidney failure and needed intense care. He passed away this past summer, before our 7th baby was born with a congenital heart defect in October. She had open heart surgery at 10 days old and is doing fantastically now.

So basically my goal for 2015 is to complete a ton of scrapbooks and be current by the end of the year. The goal is quantity! I’m a chronological scrapper so that involves finishing yearly books for 2015 - 2019, my son’s 1st year book, the new baby’s pregnancy & birth book, her 1st year book, this past summer’s FL vacation book, and 8 Disney trip albums. I think I counted 17 books as my goal... I probably won’t get there but I’m hopeful!

My son’s 1st year, new baby’s pregnancy & birth, and 2015 yearbooks are all partially completed. Photos are all organized and books are plotted out. Just need to actually do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk