Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:10 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,153
Default Any April Fools Jokes?

Did anyone do any April Fools Jokes today?

We aren't big practical jokers in our house, but my son was pleading with his sisters to play a joke on him ALL.DAY.LONG. So my middle agreed to do one with him after dinner. Not sure what she was going to do, I told her to take it outside because I didn't want to clean up the mess.

When they got outside, she asked him a couple questions like:
What does a dog say?
What does a cat say?
What does a bear say?


To which he answered every single question perfectly! While she was asking him questions, she was drinking from her glass. Then she asked him, "What does a whale say?" and he said, "I don't know" Then this happened:


He was so shocked, we all thought he was crying, but he was laughing so hard that he couldn't catch his breath!! We were afraid he was going to have an asthma attack, so we got him calmed down and then he started running around the patio begging her to spray him again!! I'm really thankful I told them to go outside and impressed that I actually got the photo of her spitting the water at him!! (which was completely gross and he got a shower right away!)

So what about you?
Any practical jokers in your house today?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 AM
cherrygutz's Avatar
cherrygutz cherrygutz is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,112
Default

Well I woke my daughter up at 2am and told her the bus is coming and that she should dress up and her breakfast is to go (for the first time). She was in a hurry I thought she's gonna cry because I kept on calling her from downstairs When she was about to put on her shoes, I think she realized that there was no school and she was like, "wait a minute! There's no school outside!!"
My husband was laughing so hard I had to make him go to the bathroom because we're gonna wake up the neighbors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2020, 04:19 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,879
Default

That is so funny !! LOL We do have jokers in this house but no funny things happened this April Foolsday. Edwin was just too busy working, Jasper was too busy with school and I was just to miserable...we'll have a whole year to think of something for next year
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:59 AM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,297
Default

Once my son realized it was April Fools' Day, he spent the day saying, "Look over there! It's a blue goose!" and other things like that and then saying, "Just kidding!" before bursting into laughter.



Having an almost 6-year-old during the quarantine has been such a mood lightener for us.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:24 PM
stephc777's Avatar
stephc777 stephc777 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 681
Default

I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 3,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!
oooh nooooo!! That's too bad! It was a good prank!

Wendy this is too funny and I love that you got the perfect photo!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:34 PM
icindi's Avatar
icindi icindi is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,390
Default

Thanks for the laughs! Glad I could live vicariously through you guys since nothing funny happened around here this April fool's day!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:36 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,178
Default

Hilarious, Wendy!
__________________

Guest for LJS Designs- Feb/Mar/Apr 2020
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-02-2020, 08:59 PM
lovely1m's Avatar
lovely1m lovely1m is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,370
Default

That's super funny. I bought my son a chicken dinner cupcake set with cupcakes made to look like a chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes and peas. He loved it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:53 PM
LynnZant's Avatar
LynnZant LynnZant is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,331
Default

Too funny, Wendy! That photo is priceless!
We watched April Fool YouTube videos of cookies that look like other foods. Hopefully, I'll remember to try one next year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
That's super funny. I bought my son a chicken dinner cupcake set with cupcakes made to look like a chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes and peas. He loved it
Oh I love it!!! Did you take any photos of them??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
aurian's Avatar
aurian aurian is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 909
Default

My 8yo and 5yo boys love jokes, so I changed a few things in the house while they were sleeping the night before April Fool's Day. Drawings on the fridge upside down, I took all the plastic pockets of cereal out of the boxes and replaced them with stuffed toys instead. They thought this was all hilarious! Small things to keep it light here. xx
__________________

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
MegCreations's Avatar
MegCreations MegCreations is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,522
Default

Got my kids with my favorite one. We made a whole kool-aid pitcher of jello so when they go to pour it, they don't understand why it's not pouring. I used it on them 3 years ago and they LOVED talking about it all the time. They mentioned it a couple of weeks ago so I didn't know if it would work on them but, it did! got my daughter good!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-03-2020, 04:31 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!
Oh no!!! That's awful! It would be funny under different circumstances
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-03-2020, 04:35 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 4,691
Default

I didn't even realize it was April Fools Day until half-way through the day. LOL!
Our daughter (who had her 3rd baby at 26 weeks on February 11th, played a joke on her husband.
She left a pregnancy test on his night stand. It had a negative result, but he couldn't see that until he picked it up. She posted a video on IG. His expression was priceless!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:07 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
My 8yo and 5yo boys love jokes, so I changed a few things in the house while they were sleeping the night before April Fool's Day. Drawings on the fridge upside down, I took all the plastic pockets of cereal out of the boxes and replaced them with stuffed toys instead. They thought this was all hilarious! Small things to keep it light here. xx
That is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCreations View Post
Got my kids with my favorite one. We made a whole kool-aid pitcher of jello so when they go to pour it, they don't understand why it's not pouring. I used it on them 3 years ago and they LOVED talking about it all the time. They mentioned it a couple of weeks ago so I didn't know if it would work on them but, it did! got my daughter good!
That's so priceless!! I might have to try this next year! The kids are always asking me to make kool-aid!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I didn't even realize it was April Fools Day until half-way through the day. LOL!
Our daughter (who had her 3rd baby at 26 weeks on February 11th, played a joke on her husband.
She left a pregnancy test on his night stand. It had a negative result, but he couldn't see that until he picked it up. She posted a video on IG. His expression was priceless!!
Could you have imagined if it was positive?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-05-2020, 01:35 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Could you have imagined if it was positive?
OMGoodness!!! Right?!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:12 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Did anyone do any April Fools Jokes today?

We aren't big practical jokers in our house, but my son was pleading with his sisters to play a joke on him ALL.DAY.LONG. So my middle agreed to do one with him after dinner. Not sure what she was going to do, I told her to take it outside because I didn't want to clean up the mess.

When they got outside, she asked him a couple questions like:
What does a dog say?
What does a cat say?
What does a bear say?


To which he answered every single question perfectly! While she was asking him questions, she was drinking from her glass. Then she asked him, "What does a whale say?" and he said, "I don't know" Then this happened:


He was so shocked, we all thought he was crying, but he was laughing so hard that he couldn't catch his breath!! We were afraid he was going to have an asthma attack, so we got him calmed down and then he started running around the patio begging her to spray him again!! I'm really thankful I told them to go outside and impressed that I actually got the photo of her spitting the water at him!! (which was completely gross and he got a shower right away!)

So what about you?
Any practical jokers in your house today?

Oh my gosh! Awesome photo and what a great memory!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:19 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Well I woke my daughter up at 2am and told her the bus is coming and that she should dress up and her breakfast is to go (for the first time). She was in a hurry I thought she's gonna cry because I kept on calling her from downstairs When she was about to put on her shoes, I think she realized that there was no school and she was like, "wait a minute! There's no school outside!!"
My husband was laughing so hard I had to make him go to the bathroom because we're gonna wake up the neighbors.
HAHAHAHA Love it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:20 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!
Oh my goodness..... it would have been a great prank..... whoops.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 AM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 743
Default

Ladies... these were great! Thank you for the laughs and giggles!!!

No jokes here.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative