Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default A Healthier Me in 2016: Jan 18-31

Ack! See, I knew I'd forget to post a new thread! LOL The Monday holiday threw me off. Sorry guys!

This is the place where we can all check in to share our struggles/accomplishments on our road to fitness, weight-loss, and overall health! There are no rules here. Anyone can post. Share what plan you're doing, what's working, what isn't, recipes, snack ideas... anything you want to share!
Old 01-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

How's everyone doing this week?

I'm doing pretty good. I'm PMSing in a big way and have some sinus/congestion going on. So, I'm not super confident that I'll show a loss on the scale this week, but I'm gonna keep pushing through it.

We started P90 in earnest on Monday. I actually really love it!! I"ve never been a fan of exercise, but this feels doable to me. We even got up and worked out at 6am this morning before Jeff left for work... WHAT?? If you know me, you'd understand what an accomplishment this is.

We've also been drinking Shakeology after our workouts. It's full of healthy stuff and is a nice recovery drink.

Still going strong on Weight Watchers. Loving the new smart points plan.

All in all, things are going well. How about the rest of you?
Old 01-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another 1/2 pound lost this week so taking me to 7lb lighter than pre pregnancy weight at 27 weeks.

I could probably lose more a week but I'm not being super strict with the diet plan, I was last year to lose my 100lb so I'm more relaxed until baby is born in April then I can give it 100% again.

I'm back drinking my 2L of water a day, I slacked over Christmas and it was hard getting back into the swing of it.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have my meals all cooked for this week and I finally went to my parents' and used their scale - down 6.5 pounds in about 13 days so not bad. It's been freezing here with like 50 mph winds for about 6 days now so no outside activities at all. I just keep doing my yoga and eating my pre-portioned meals and all is well.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good job Gemma & Marie!

I agree, Marie, that portion control is really the key. My doctor was telling me in the fall that really, diet is the bigger contributor to weight loss than exercise. I knew this already, but it was nice to hear him say it. Sure, you need exercise, but you aren't going to be able to exercise enough to burn off all the calories you take in if you are overeating.

So, I'm getting in my 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week and watching my portions and the types of foods I'm eating (making healthier choices). Coupled with drinking plenty of water, I really can't help but lose weight. It may not come off as quickly as I want, but I didn't put it on overnight. LOL
Old 01-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Good job Gemma & Marie!

I agree, Marie, that portion control is really the key. My doctor was telling me in the fall that really, diet is the bigger contributor to weight loss than exercise. I knew this already, but it was nice to hear him say it. Sure, you need exercise, but you aren't going to be able to exercise enough to burn off all the calories you take in if you are overeating.

So, I'm getting in my 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week and watching my portions and the types of foods I'm eating (making healthier choices). Coupled with drinking plenty of water, I really can't help but lose weight. It may not come off as quickly as I want, but I didn't put it on overnight. LOL
Yep, abs are really made in the kitchen Plus when you exercise too much there is the tendency to overeat to "recover" from workouts, etc. I love yoga because it stretches and keeps my joints limber and muscles strong and I love the focus on breathing.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am doing great (at least I think so). I have 4 pounds to go before the end of January and I will have lost 20 pounds since 12/28 (which is so new to me to loose that much weight). I have really focused the month of January on eating (better choices and portion sizes). I feel that it definitely has become a habit so I know I can continue.

I also stepped up my exercise a bit so that I am getting 3 - 20 minute sessions in (early morning, lunch walk and then evening). I feel that I need to work on the exercise going forward since I have so much to loose. I also realize the weight loss willl drop down the more I loose so I need to up the exercise.

I feel so comforted by having this group to keep me accountable (and encouragement).
Old 01-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am doing great (at least I think so). I have 4 pounds to go before the end of January and I will have lost 20 pounds since 12/28 (which is so new to me to loose that much weight). I have really focused the month of January on eating (better choices and portion sizes). I feel that it definitely has become a habit so I know I can continue.
20 pounds is awesome for a month! Go you Portions are key for me and knowing that it's totally okay to feel hungry. The book Mindless Eating is a great read and has changed the way I think about food.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hey girls!

Weighed in last night and was down 1.4 lbs for a total of 7.8. I really didn't expect to be down that much with the PMS, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Super happy to say that we've worked out every day this week, made healthy choices, and even drank more water (still working on getting it ALL in, but I'm making progress). Honestly, the only real "cheat" I had this week was on Wednesday when I had a little of Chloe's mac & cheese at lunch time. I still counted the points, so I didn't beat myself up over it.

How's everyone else doing going into the weekend? Do you find the weekend harder than the routine of week days?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So my health goal is not to lose weight, but to reach my normal weight (for my height). I now weigh about 48kg, and need to go up to 50kg. I think I already hit 50kg some time last year, but now I'm back to 48kg. The reason why I need to reach my weight target is because sometimes I'd feel light-headed if I don't eat for 2 hours straight.

I'm incorporating desserts now, but I want to eat good desserts so I tried this Chocolate Tofu pie recipe from Chocolate-Covered Katie. Note that the amount of cocoa powder needed would depend on the tofu you used. The stronger its tofu taste, the more cocoa powder you'll need. Luckily, you can taste the batter coz there's no eggs or flour in it

My verdict is it's really good. The pie is gone in a day. I sliced it a little thinly coz my family isn't used to eating desserts, so we tend to eat small portions.

ETA: Everyone said they couldn't believe it's made of tofu because it doesn't taste like tofu. It tastes like a decadent dessert. So give it a try if you haven't!

Last edited by zakirahzakaria; 01-22-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Looks awesome! I'd have to do something different for the crust since I avoid all processed oils, but I can work around that. I use tofu all the time for "cheesecakes" and mayonnaise since I don't eat any dairy or eggs. My family has been eating my tofu mayonnaise and ranch dressing for a year now and they don't even know the difference because I've never told them!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My week was not good for weight loss - I actually gain .2 tenths. I am looking at the bright side that I stepped up my exercise and combined that I have not been eating my full calories I think hurt my weight loss (I did measure waist and parts and noticed I lost inches which is good)

I have not been hungry but I guess I need to eat more (someone told me eating less can hurt weight loss).
Old 01-24-2016, 01:45 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yes, eating too little can definitely hurt weight loss. Our body thinks you're starving it, so it starts holding on to everything. But congrats on losing inches! I bet you've gained some muscle mass, too! Sounds like it was a successful week even if it didn't show it on the scale!!
Old 01-24-2016, 01:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We went out to a mexican restaurant for dinner tonight after church. I was so proud of myself for ordering chicken fajitas with romain lettuce wraps instead of tortillas. I didnt' top it with a ton of cheese and sour cream like I would've either. I ate 2 lettuce wraps with some of the chicken and veggies along with a little bit of pico and a couple of tablespoons of guac. It was delicious, and I didn't feel deprived at all. That's SUCH a huge difference to what I would've ordered in the past!
Old 01-24-2016, 03:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good on you Libby! Eating out is hard on my willpower.

I've been really good food-wise this week. I've made healthy choices and I haven't snacked on rubbish. I intended to exercise, but didn't actually do anything. My lame excuse was that it's just been too hot.

I bought a Nutri Ninja blender this week, and had my first green smoothie (kale, spinach, pineapple and strawberries). Was SO good! I've also signed up for Saturday training sessions with a local fitness instructor. When her next bootcamp starts up (mid Feb) I'll do that 3 times a week too.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I hadn't exercised that much this week, but I made up for it this weekend with all the snow shoveling I've been doing!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't worry Jacinda, I'm using the same lame excuse for not exercising too.

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I have been doing pretty good. Not seeing as much results as I would like to, but it took a while to put these lbs on and will take a while to get them off. I weighed in again one day at work this week and I am down at least another 1 lb.

Overall, in the last year to now I have come down approximately 8 lbs give or take. I am so glad I am not at my largest weight ever anymore. I am sticking to portions, more fruits and veggies and cutting out a lot of bread and processed foods/refined sugars. I am sticking to water or water with Crystal Light mixed in. I have stuck to my 1 carbonated beverage per week, except for last week when I was under the weather and drank 7 Up all day to ease my tummy. I am also making smarter choices if and when we do eat out

I am trying really hard as I want to be healthy and stay healthy. If I ever do have children I want to be healthy for them and it can't hurt

Old 01-30-2016, 03:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been pretty diligent with my WW this month but the last few days have indulged a bit, so probably won't see a loss this coming week but that's ok. I am trying to eat clean, reducing refined sugars and starches and no white flour or rice. I do need to figure out a schedule for getting to the gym. This pesky 20 lbs has got to come off this year.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As of Monday this week I'm down 10.5 pounds for the month. No exercise except for some yoga a few days a week and not feeling deprived one bit and never hungry - super happy about this month!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Great job, ladies!!!

I lost another 1.2 lbs this month for a total of 9 for January. I'm feeling great, and like Marie said, I don't feel deprived or hungry. I *am* exercising each morning, but I'm finding that it's as much for my mental health as it is physical. I just FEEL better overall with exercise. I'm enjoying it (what? Who AM I?)

I had a really crappy day Thursday (speeding ticket, locked keys in the car, chloe threw multiple tantrums, etc). I wanted SO badly to fall back into my "emotional eating" habit and just binge on bad stuff. But I didn't. That was a HUGE victory right there.

So yay us!! We're all doing great as we close out January. Looking forward to seeing what next month brings!!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Wow! Great job, ladies!!!

I lost another 1.2 lbs this month for a total of 9 for January. I'm feeling great, and like Marie said, I don't feel deprived or hungry. I *am* exercising each morning, but I'm finding that it's as much for my mental health as it is physical. I just FEEL better overall with exercise. I'm enjoying it (what? Who AM I?)
That's how I feel about yoga - it gives me time to clear my head and stretch my muscles and concentrate on making my body do what I want it to I can't wait for winter to be over so I can walk outside again without being in danger of slipping on ice!
Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

As of this morning; I have lost 19 pounds in January. I set a goal of 20 pounds so we will see what tomorrow brings. If not I am so pleased with what I have lost.

My goal for February is much small - 5 pounds since I know the easy weight came off in January and I have to work hard now.

I also feel so much better with the exercise. I have been getting to work about 45 minutes early and walking around the floor of my office for around 30 minutes which really makes me feel so much better for rest of my day.

Congrats on the successes for the month -- keep working and you will see results.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Marie - I do have a question; do you do yoga off a tape/WII or what? I been thinking about starting some stretching/yoga.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Marie - I do have a question; do you do yoga off a tape/WII or what? I been thinking about starting some stretching/yoga.
I have a Roku so I tune into You Tube and I follow Yoga with Adriene - she has a lot of workouts and just got done doing a 30-day yoga camp so I've been following along with those lately.