Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-19-2016, 02:08 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Do/How do you share your scrapping with family?

Do you share your scrapping pages with family?
How? digitally or print?

For me, I love sharing them as being overseas from all our family it's a great way for them to see my daughter growing up(she is nearly 2) Love how they are a great family keepsake

We have 3 sets of grandparents, 5 sets of Aunts & Uncles and some close extended family that I like to share with but it is so expensive to print books for them all that I have only done a Christmas book for everyone and a couple of baby books for grandparents only. Currently sending off my daughter's 2015 YIR book and really unsure how to share it with family!
We're in Australia and the exchange rate is really crap for us right now so it makes it even more $$$$$!!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Printing photobooks here is ridiculously expensive! I just submitted one this morning to Albumworks (Aussie company) - for a short period of time (while they're printing it I think and a little while after) they give you a link to a small sized preview of the whole book which you can share with anyone you like.

I'm hopeless at sharing LOs/photos with family though - they kind of have to wait until I see them with photobook in hand!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Ooh I haven't heard of that website, will check it out :-)
Old 01-19-2016, 02:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

They have a deal on at the moment - 25 pages free if you create/order your book by 4 February: http://www.albumworks.com.au/promotions
Old 01-19-2016, 02:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I share my layouts on facebook. I'd never send my albums overseas.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I actually don't share my layouts at all. I make photobooks for myself so they'll be passed on to my children some day. I make a calendar for my parents every year but that's it. My mother is nearly blind so she can't see them anyway but my dad enjoys the calendar. Honestly, no one else in my family truly appreciates the craft. I share the photos themselves and that's sufficient for my family.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't share too although sometimes I post a layout on fb once in a while. I print photobooks and then I make sure that I show them the book/s because they're also included in them for my daughter.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:13 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Am on that website now Jax, it seems good, are you happy with the quality?

Not everyone is on Facebook and I guess I am hoping there is such a thing as an online book I could do? I like flipping through pages

Sorry to hear about your mom Marie, that must be so hard for her old age is tough xx
I do find that most people don't appreciate the work either which is a shame :/ We do calendars too, well my partner's sil does an amazing one every year and I started doing one for my nieces and daughter although it's always been quite basic, hoping this year I will have the time, experience and patience to create a 'proper' one lol! They are lovely to have and really show how the kids grow up so fast!! time really does fly
Old 01-19-2016, 08:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunty1983 View Post
Am on that website now Jax, it seems good, are you happy with the quality?
Yes - the book I ordered today is my 8th one with them! I've found the colours are pretty much the same as what appears on my monitor and the cropping is pretty good. These are two of the main things I look for since I was disappointed with this in books I've had printed elsewhere. I choose mostly standard options - standard definition, 170 gsm paper (not too thick, not too thin), white end pages, etc. Some images aren't as sharp as on my screen (you'd probably have to go high definition for that - at a cost!), but they're good enough for me. The price is also better than books I've printed elsewhere too. The software is also super easy to use and customer service is very good.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Years ago when I first started I and my daughter was about the same age, I would have my scrapbook pages printed into these little proof books from WHCC in a 5x5 and send to my mom and my inlaws. But, it got to be too much for me to keep up with. LOL! https://www.whcc.com/products/proofing/prints#pricing

So now, I just upload them to facebook so my mom that lives out of state can see them.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

And I love presto photo, I've never printed their smaller albums, but I've printed 40 photobooks for myself over the last almost 10 years of digital scrapping, I've been using them since 2009. I switched from Shutterfly. I love their quality and they're very affordable.
http://www.prestophoto.com/help/Product+Catalog
Old 01-19-2016, 09:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't share my pages unless I'm specifically making them for someone else. Otherwise, those are for my children. I do make calendars for my Mom but that's about it.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I post my layouts on FB as well my family members like to see them there.

If FB isn't an option that works for you, you could create and album in Picasa or Flickr and then send a link to the album to the people that you want to share with. It's really easy to upload images to sites like that, and it's free!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-19-2016, 06:39 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I often share my layouts on Facebook, as my Mum and MIL are often curious about the "computer scrapbooking" that I do (plus they like seeing pictures of our family). As for printed books, I got an extra copy of our babies' 1st year albums printed for them, but other than that the albums get printed for our home.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 01-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm with Marie, I don't share my los with family. The los are really mostly for my girls, and my journaling is to/for them. So they will get my books one day I share enough photos on fb for my family to see, and that's good enough. I do occasionally remove the text and send my mom a version of printed los, because she does like my pages, but she's not on social media anyways for me to share with her digitally.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:44 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks all

Brie, sometimes I blur out the txt too, there's nothing personal there but I feel a bit weird people seeing 'diary entry' type stuff!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great question. I don't like posting my layouts to FB but have been looking for a method to share them with specific family members.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My family lives nearby so when they come over, I'd show the photobook to them. I also share digitally on my family's WhatsApp group. I'd post the web sized version of the pages to the group.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I share my pages on Facebook for family and will occasionally have a small book or a few pages printed if they express interest.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i try to print/create as often and as much as i can. i wait for coupons at persnickety prints and shutterfly. shutterfly has a share option so you can send a link to family/grandparents.

my kids and i flip thru our albums all the time.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For now, they are shared in FB. But when there is a sale and I have enough, I print albums as well as make duplicates to send to the grandmothers.