Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 04/29 Office Supplies

Are there any office supplies that you can't live without? That you buy a lot of? What do you use the most?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm such a geek LOL. I love to wander thru an office supply store. I have always had a thing for pens, especially fine point, and am always looking for new ones. I also love markers and highlighters and always have a stash of them on my desk with extras in the drawer so I never run out.

I like to keep lists of CT duties and use highlighters to keep track of whats been done and posted, and each duty is highlighted with a different color. I keep the pages in a binder, kept on a little table beside my computer desk.

I write a lot of notes/lists so have a stash of different colored, different sizes post-its and note pads.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Pens!!! I just bought some new ones yesterday to make my Monday happy! I get them in multiple colors and pick a different one each day, usually to match the outfit I’m wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter is seriously an office supply addict. Her favorite store is Office Depot. I'm a sticky note gal- I like lots of colors & sizes to choose from!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do like sticky notes and am picky about my pens. I also love notebooks and always have a few around. Love office supplies but try to curtail my spending there so I can spend more on scrappy supplies.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love notebooks and planners too. Recently stumbled across digital versions of both so I’ve been playing with those lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Notebooks. Since January I've spent a small fortune on pretty notebooks and I always say they were cheaper than what I paid lol.
I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow too
Old 04-29-2019, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All of it!

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I get really excited about office supplies!!! Especially notebooks and pens. I've cut WAY down since I stopped working, but man, before I had kids it was a problem!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am another that loves wandering around the stationery shop! I love pretty sticky notes, washi tapes and pens!
Old 04-30-2019, 12:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not super into office supplies despite being an administrative assistant in an office.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pens, specifically the Pilot GTech and Pentel Hybrid Technica point 3 and point 4 as well as Pigma Micron 01.When I was in college I used to always bring an extra because a classmate might borrow and not return it anymore, hehe. Also notebooks. I horde on books, notebooks and pens and post it. I passed it on to my daughter who loves to collect pretty pencils and small notebooks. My order of Pentel Hybrid just came this afternoon, it was an extra that I want to keep just in case my husband misplace my current one. Again.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Notebooks/pads and PENS!
DH found me the most AWESOME, bestest, AMAZING pen for LEFT handers!! I don't have any more smears of ink on the side of my hand.
Pentel EnerGel 0.7 metal tip I've got them in black and purple ink colors.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My parents used to use the office supply isle in Drug Mart as a babysitter for me when they shopped. I love it all! I think I hyperventilated when OfficeMax first opened.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love notebooks, but once I buy them, I don't want to use them and mess them up. I have all these beautiful blank notebooks in a stack on my desk and sticky notes and bits of paper every where with chicken scratch on them. I swear it's a sickness and as a result my desk and I are an unorganized mess!

oh, almost forgot about pens. Or should I say pen. There is only one that I will use at work and they order them especially for me. Uni-ball Signo Gel Grip in blue. I use one at a time until the ink is gone and then get a new one from my stash. I am pretty territorial about my pen and even have a pen holder with "decoys" on my desk so no one "borrows" mine. And before you ask, yes, I am crazy.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 04-30-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love pens!
Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a list maker.... myself and my bro are addicted to making lists (including lists of lists that need to be made) so Notebooks, & Legal pads.... I have two drawers in my xl desk full of them, and I am starting to panic that there's not enough. I also have a lot of packs of pens. I am picky about pens (how they feel and how they write) so when it's back to school time I always stock up on my favorites while they are on sale. I think Thumb tacks are next on my most purchased list..... not because I use lots, but I always lose the container, buy a new one, then find the old one(s) LOL
Old 04-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pens. Pens. And more pens. I don't even use them all. I just have to have them.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Notebooks. Since January I've spent a small fortune on pretty notebooks and I always say they were cheaper than what I paid lol.
I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow too
Gemma....that cracked me up LOL I am the same way about my pens. I won't tell hubs what I spend on pens, I just say I had to pick up a variety of office supplies and printer ink b/c that always justifies cranking the bill up
Old 04-30-2019, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Pens, specifically the Pilot GTech and Pentel Hybrid Technica point 3 and point 4 as well as Pigma Micron 01.When I was in college I used to always bring an extra because a classmate might borrow and not return it anymore, hehe. Also notebooks. I horde on books, notebooks and pens and post it. I passed it on to my daughter who loves to collect pretty pencils and small notebooks. My order of Pentel Hybrid just came this afternoon, it was an extra that I want to keep just in case my husband misplace my current one. Again.
i love the Pentel, Pigma and Pilot too. I am also picky about where my pens are kept. If anyone borrows one of "my" pens (not the cheap household ones), then they must put it back where they got it from.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Notebooks/pads and PENS!
DH found me the most AWESOME, bestest, AMAZING pen for LEFT handers!! I don't have any more smears of ink on the side of my hand.
I'm a leftie too so will have to check that pen out. I hate when I smear ink.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
My parents used to use the office supply isle in Drug Mart as a babysitter for me when they shopped. I love it all! I think I hyperventilated when OfficeMax first opened.
That is too funny! That would make a good story for a LO.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I love notebooks, but once I buy them, I don't want to use them and mess them up. I have all these beautiful blank notebooks in a stack on my desk and sticky notes and bits of paper every where with chicken scratch on them. I swear it's a sickness and as a result my desk and I are an unorganized mess!

oh, almost forgot about pens. Or should I say pen. There is only one that I will use at work and they order them especially for me. Uni-ball Signo Gel Grip in blue. I use one at a time until the ink is gone and then get a new one from my stash. I am pretty territorial about my pen and even have a pen holder with "decoys" on my desk so no one "borrows" mine. And before you ask, yes, I am crazy.
I love that pen too and always get blue. Nope not crazy....I too am fanatical about others borrowing "my" pens, heaven help them if they don't return it to where they got it.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with an addiction to office supplies...especially pens! I'm in good company!!!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Pens!!! I just bought some new ones yesterday to make my Monday happy! I get them in multiple colors and pick a different one each day, usually to match the outfit I’m wearing.

Love that!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Papermate Flair pens, post-its, and Moleskine dot-grid notebooks. Oh, and I wouldn't turn down some colorful binder clips.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! I thought I was the only one obsessed with school supplies/office supplies. The type of person attracted to scrapbooking must be the same as attracted to office supplies since so many of us share this obsession. I'm totally going to order some of the pens mentioned on this thread and give them a try.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love walking through office supply stores. LOL! My favorite thing is Post-its! We use tons of them at home
Old 04-30-2019, 06:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm a leftie too so will have to check that pen out. I hate when I smear ink.
OMG Rae I didn't know that. A fellow Southpaw. Yes please check it out, he found them on Amazon

Old 04-30-2019, 08:26 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

It fills me with joy to hear that I'm not the only one with a favorite pen!!!!!! My favorite every day pen is the Bic Cristal 1.6mm. It has the most glorious weight to it and writes as smooth as a baby's bum! haha
Old 05-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Notebooks/pads and PENS!
I'm a lefty and just bought these to give them a try!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Pencils! I love love love a freshly sharpened pencil with a nice eraser. I have a ton of them at home and I keep one in my planner at all times. I'd so much rather use a pencil than a pen. I also love paper pads... nothing fancy, just a plain 8.5x11 lined notepad. They make me happy.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Pens are my main addiction, but not just regular office supply pens. I can take or leave those. It's fancy pens that get me. I've been using glitter pens off Etsy for a few years. As you write the glitter moves around and the light sparkles...so pretty! Recently I won a couple of pens as part of a stationery prize at a baby shower. I have to ask where she got them, because they write beautifully and I need more. They're the first non-glitter pens I've been willing to use for a while. Here are my pen addictions.

I love to browse pretty notebooks, but I don't buy too many. I've learned that if I splurge on the expensive ones, I don't use them because I feel like I need to save them for something special! But every year around back to school time they have pretty notebooks at reasonable prices so that's when I buy. I've also ordered a Shutterfly notebook that has family photos and scrapbook papers collaged on the cover. I love it so much that I can't use it, LOL!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Pencils! I love love love a freshly sharpened pencil with a nice eraser. I have a ton of them at home and I keep one in my planner at all times. I'd so much rather use a pencil than a pen. I also love paper pads... nothing fancy, just a plain 8.5x11 lined notepad. They make me happy.
I like writing with pencils better than pens, too!!
I had bought some that I loved, and haven't been able to find them again. That made me sad. LOL!