Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Your Fav Layout?

Ok, so... I thought I knew the 3 people I wanted to nominate for the Babe call... I have 2 typed up in my email but I'm really hemming and hawing over the third nomination! There's so much talent here!!! So, help me out... I thought it would be fun if you could all show me your favorite page that you've ever uploaded to the SSD gallery and tell me WHY you love it. Try to link it if you can...

Old 05-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Wow, this just made me realize how hard it is to pick one layout! Sheesh.

Here's one that I really love.
I think I love this one so much because, well, the kit is awesome, and because the picture was actually a really bad picture, but I managed to save it and it turned out super cute!
Old 05-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It is hard to pick just one layout! But I'm finding it especially hard to pick one layout from someone else's gallery! like knowing which page that person thinks is their best.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

EXCELLENT idea, I'm stuck on my third as well. I've typed a blurb for three different people but I can't decide. There could be another that I don't even know about yet.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is hard!!! I know my fave changes a lot!! But, I'll play!!!

Here's my most recent fave... Not sure how good you can read the journaling, but I had taken a book into school that Chloe forgot that day, and I saw Cait out on the playground having gym class. Every other kid was in a group of 2 or more talking a laughing while doing their jumproping, except my Cait. I sat in my car and watched her for a bit, and she didn't talk to any other kids, and no one talked to her. That made me sad I was that shy kid in school who never made any friends, and I don't want that for her. So by the time I left and got home, I was crying for her. I'm sure I was more traumatized by that one gym class than her(I hope). So when I got home, I decided to just scrap it I felt better afterwards, and one day she'll be able to read it and hopefully smile about it.

I hope the girl/girls you're considering nominating post here for you!!! I know it would be cool to see which lo the girls I nom'd would pick as their fave
Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Funny! I have a third to go yet too! I think I am reluctant to commit because the stakes are so high -- this is the LAST one after alll... Good luck to everyone!

It IS hard to pick just one, because I can love a layout for so many different reasons -- because of the story, the kit, the photos, the way it all came together... Anyway, this one may be my current fave. It includes two of my SSD true loves: a Libby kit and a Cindy template. Bright colors, patterns... The photos weren't the greatest because of the bright sunlight and dark shadows, but the memories? Priceless!

Link
Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My third one was a struggle for me too. There are so many talented and deserving scrappers in this community so when it comes down to that last spot, you just waver trying to make the right call. I finally went with my heart. In the end that is all you can do.

While I do not consider myself in the running for this, I will be happy to play along and post my favorite layout. This is one I just finished and it is my favorite for the moment because when I look at it I see the good in myself and am happy to be me. Plus the kit just rocks!

Good luck in making your decisions and good luck to everyone who wants to be a Babe.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I know I struggled picking too...there is so much awesomeness in the gallery here. I figure I will play along for fun too!!!!

This is one of my favorite NON template layouts that I have done recently...we all know how much I love templates but I have been trying really hard lately to not use them. I think the picture is darling....the composition, clustering and shadowing turned out really well too!!

and my one of my faves ever WITH a template that I just did recently...I modified the template....
I love the fun in this layout! I love how everything came together....the pictures were perfect and the element placement added enough to the layout and not take away from the pictures!!

Last edited by kim21673; 05-27-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oooh, ladies those LO's are amazing What a fun thread in general, love to see people's OWN fave LO.

Here's one of my faves:

The reason why I love it so much is because I'm so pleased with the layering and clustering in this LO. I also really like the colors and how they flow with the photos, and the photos were taken on our 2nd or so day in the US when we visited back in Sept '08. I notice that my shadows aren't perfect (they still aren't but they are getting better lol) but all in all, this is one of my faves and the one I chose for this thread

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think I like this one so much because I tend to shy away from AAM layouts. Krystal's kit is amazing and the dark, deep colors fit the mood of what I'm trying to get across.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I am having a hard time with my #3, so this is great!

Here's a favorite of mine - I know it's hybrid - regardless, here you go. I like it because it is simple and cute. I gave it to a friend that recently had a baby and she adored it:

Old 05-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is one of my favorites ... I feel like I finally got shadowing where I feel good about em, and I feel like my photos were getting better... I love the contrast, the colors, just *happy sigh* feel good about this one!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My favorite is this one:

I printed this out and have it hanging above my computer desk. To me this is perfection. My baby girl who I was told & thought was going to be taken away from me way to early is still here. She's still mine for another day. It reminds me to live my life to the fullest each day & to not take anything for granted. Also the picture was taken the day after her 3ird birthday. She had officially tripled her life expectancy. My whole view on scrapbooking changed when Rachel was born. I started to scrapbook the little moments more because suddenly I was aware that I may not have that more of them with her.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

*sigh* ...these are all amazing!!!

And Lorie... please stop saying you are not in the running!! LOL! Your layouts are gorgeous!

Old 05-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This is my favorite recent one:

What I like about this layout is that even though its a template, I made a lot of changes to it to make it mine. I also liked that I used a themed kit on a themed set of photos and the themes are totally different. Plus the photo really shows the personality of my son. I also really like my large titlework in this one.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

Ok, so picking one layout is seriously hard!! So I cheated and chose two lol An oldie and a newbie

I like this one because it's got so many layers and colours to it - and the title is so me!

What appeals to me with this one is that I journalled my way through a tough time, and I still really love the photo hidden behind the window as a way of illustrating the journalling
Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I picked this one because I shy away from using such bold backgrounds, but I didn't here and I love it!

Old 05-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

This is my all-time favorite layout to date. I love how it all came together and I feel like it really shows how much fun we had that day.

PS I'm glad I just went with the first three that came to mind. Because I keep seeing more & more I want to nominate!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

This is my favorite still.. even though it's from September. I really journaled my heart out on this one and I just love it so much.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gosh, this was tough! I went with this one because I just love the message behind the LO. It's all about being thankful for the blessings in your life, focusing on the positive and overcoming doubts and feeling not good enough. This page was very therapeutic for me.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm a newbie here so I just have a few SSD layouts. I'm loving the challenges though. Here's my favorite:

Simple, yet classic! I love this LO so much I'm planning to print it as a canvas and give it to my parents.

Good luck on your final decision, Brook!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's so hard to pick one!!! Yikes! I couldn't do it. I narrowed it down, but my husband had to choose. My layouts are too personal to me I guess. This one is really one of my favorites though.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I'd probably have to say this is my favourite page in the SSD gallery right now

I loved the colours in this collab kit. There was so much to work with and everything just flowed together. It was an impromptu photo shoot with my son dressed up in his crazy gear jumping on the trampoline in the rain. Def. one of my fav memories captured.

Guesting for Traci Reed

•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•
Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I think this is my fave right now. But it changes daily, lol!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Oh good grief...my favorite?! hmmm

I think I would have to say this one:

I love that it's pictureless. And I really dug deep for the journaling. It's definitely one of my favorite LOs ever. And the kit is GORGEOUS...I've used it a few times. lol

I will say that I have quite a few favorites LOs though. And I feel like I'm constantly getting better too.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Going through the galleries is the hardest part of the nominations for me. I still haven't sent in my list because I can't pick a LO! LOL

Here is my most recent favorite..........

I think it is mostly the story behind the page that has me loving it so much. And doing a "new to me" thing with the journaling and coloring key words to make them stand out.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was fun to look through my layouts! I think this is my favorite. I just love this kit from Misty and the photo of my sweet little girl. This was over a year ago -- I can't believe how fast she's growing!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm with Lorie and don't even vaguely consider myself in the running for this, but I also thought it would be fun to play. When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately knew my favorite layout. It's a layout I made for KCB's CT call and it was a layout I'd been thinking about making for awhile. Last summer, my husband, son, and I went to Creede, Colorado to the same area where my family always vacationed when I was growing up. In the layout I wanted to convey how special this place was to me and how neat it was to be able to share it with my husband and son. I worked really hard on the layout so I appreciate it in a technical sort of way, but was even more happy to capture how amazing it was to see my son playing and fishing in the same river I did as I child and to share the beauty of this area with my family.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I totally agree with Tara I had such a hard time going through my 3 nominees galleries and picking only ONE favorite!!! I just loved their whole gallery which was why I nominated them
and I am bad cause I seriously have 2 absolute favs at the moment....they are both of my girls and they are so fitting to their individual personalities~

Old 05-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
*sigh* ...these are all amazing!!!

And Lorie... please stop saying you are not in the running!! LOL! Your layouts are gorgeous!
You are just too sweet Brook! Thank you, but I have a lot of growing to do as a scrapper. I'm excited about the future though.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Going through the galleries is the hardest part of the nominations for me. I still haven't sent in my list because I can't pick a LO! LOL

Here is my most recent favorite..........

I think it is mostly the story behind the page that has me loving it so much. And doing a "new to me" thing with the journaling and coloring key words to make them stand out.
This layout is wonderful Tara! The photo is gorgeous and the journaling is excellent. It is going into my favorites too.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awe. Thanks Lorie. *blushing*
Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I kinda always love my latest layout the most usually BUT I really love this one:

BTW: I am just playing the game. I dont scrap enough lately to keep up with the team and scrap primarily with templates anyhow. But it was fun to look through my layouts
Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Gorgeous layouts everyone!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I don't know if I'll EVER feel good enough to be a babe and I definitely don't have what it takes this go 'round, but I'll share my fave anyway.

Well, this was hard because I actually really do love my gallery - I think I have found my zone and what I like my pages to look like, which is actually a really nice feeling!
I picked this one:

because I am proud of how it came together, with the way the colors and papers seem to work together and my titlework. I just LOVE it when a title comes together like that. Mostly though, it's just an ordinary day in my life, and that's what I love to document.

NON-template though, is this one:

because I just love how it looks and my boys...they just steal my heart away.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a hard time choosing. But this is and will always be one of my top favs. I just love this older photo of my mama. She looks so happy and young. And I took the time to let everything out in my journaling even though it kinda took up the page.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

stunning layouts & hybrids everyone - makes mine seem boring in comparison

I too have several fav's but this one stood out as I created this to signal the start of a new chapter in my health and wellness journey. I'm definitely feeling like I have grown as a scrapper even though I still rely on templates for the most part

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is my current fave because I love this picture of my and my hubby at DW. I love the colors in this kit (teal has become an obsession of mine lately) and the damask paper just makes me happy!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree that it was very difficult to nominate only 3. I was certain of one, but then I had to pick the other 2 out of 5-6 favorites and that was hard. I think I changed my mind about 3 times!

This is my favorite page. I love everything about it: the photos, the excitement on my son's face (it was the first time he succeeded in blowing bubbles by himself) the mix of goodies from different kits and the template is one of my alltime favorites too.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So I totally had mine picked till I saw this thread! Now I'm trying to narrow it down from 4.

But I love seeing everyone show off their faves! Isn't scrapping fun?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

this is mine

Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

This would be my favorite LO at the moment. I opened up Erica's kit and immediately knew how I wanted my page to look..then the photo picks just came to me...it was a good "scrapping" day.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

holly that is absolutely my fav LO of yours as well, and Angie the second one you posted is my fave from you, too! Beautiful layouts, ladies!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

wow there are some AWESOME LO's in this thread.....seriously!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
I think this is my fave right now. But it changes daily, lol!

You have just been blowing me away lately with ALL your layouts Nikki!! I never seem to have enough time to go through the gallery and comment, but I see you post a lot on facebook and I try to at least "like" them...BUT...I love them all. I really struggle with filling a page, and I just love that there is so much to look at!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished going through all these in this thread. AMAZING layouts everyone!! Wow!!! I've missed so much being so busy and not going into the gallery to leave love. I've got to remember to do that more often.