Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Morning Schedule

Hope you all don't mind me starting up a QOTD (question of the day). With me being gone for awhile, I'd love to play catch-up with some of my old buddies from here and learning more about the newer members that have joined SSD since I was last around. Want to play along?

What is your morning schedule?
Old 02-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feed the dog, the birds, take my morning thyroid pill and then relax with coffee and my book (read on my iPhone). I am an avid reader. I work at home so my desk work starts around 9 or 10 and I have started scrapping in the early morning which is such a great way to start my day. The house is quiet as hubs leaves for work and I get more work done in the morning than the afternoon when I start slacking off more. I have my work PC and personal PC side by side in my office so go back and forth all day, spending probably way too much time online LOL.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well..the time I get up usually depends on when the pups want outside. Most days I am awake between 4am and 5am. Once I get them out to potty (this could take a while...our female boxer goes pee and poo right away and our male boxer will pee and then poo like 10 minutes later...lol). I make myself some coffee and check my email and scrappy sites for my creative teams. I watch the news while I am doing these things. I usually start getting ready for work by 5:30am...straighten hair, apply the face, get dressed, etc. I start making lunches around 6:00am. Wake up the boy child at 6:30am and make sure he is getting ready. Do a few more things around the house. I'm usually out the door by 7:15am. Usually feeling done already. haha! I drop my daughter off at high school and then head to work. My son walks to school as his school is right outside our neighborhood. It takes him just a few minutes to walk there.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I take a shower and get dressed then take the dog out. I love that he can wait until I'm dressed! I get my Diet Dr. Pepper and ice in my thermos and then do whatever I need to do depending on the day. Admittedly I usually read the news and check FB and Instagram and the forums before I do anything.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I take a shower and get dressed then take the dog out. I love that he can wait until I'm dressed! I get my Diet Dr. Pepper and ice in my thermos and then do whatever I need to do depending on the day. Admittedly I usually read the news and check FB and Instagram and the forums before I do anything.
Ugh...my dogs can hardly wait for me to pee. Hopefully we get there one day. lol

Old 02-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi - that's awesome that your dog waits for you to get dressed first. What kind of dog do you have? Diet Dr. Pepper used to be a fave of mine before I gave up pop.

Carrie - oh boy...that's an early start to your day. I'm usually up around 6:30/7:00 and that's early enough for me
Old 02-27-2019, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Usually my cat is meowing for breakfast even before my alarm goes off (Who needs an alarm when you have a cat, honestly?), so I feed him, then wake my daughter up for school (usually at 6:30 am), make her breakfast, and then get ready for work.

I try to leave my house by 8:10 am to get to work by 8:30. My sister calls me on her drive into work every morning, and we chat while I'm getting ready.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Depends what day of the week it is. Days that I work (like this morning) I get up at 4.30am, get dressed, have breakfast, drive to the bus stop, catch the bus to the city and am at my desk by 6.15am. This is pretty much all done on auto-pilot!

Other days, get up around 6.00-6.30am, get dressed, go for a walk, have breakfast, make sure the kids are up/having breakfast/getting ready if its a school day, get them out the door between 8.00-8.15am and then get on with whatever I have to do that day (housework, grocery shopping, errands, etc).
Old 02-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm up at 6:15 and wake the boys by 6:30. I supervise Ben getting ready and make breakfasts and lunches until 7. Then I wake Lauren, walk Ben to the bus, get myself showered and dressed, eat breakfast, and leave with Lauren at 8:15. I drop her off at school then get to work by 8:35. I'm a preschool teacher, so I'm busy with the kids the rest of the morning.

I only teach 3 days a week, so on the other days I come back home and eat breakfast. One day a week I do lesson planning and school-related work, and the other day there are usually doctor's appointments or family must-do's.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My husband works shifts, so it depends on his schedule. The baby usually ends up in our bed between 2-6am, but we don't get up until 7. If husband is home, he gets up with the Baby, does the morning routine, makes breakfast, and I get to sleep in. If he has to work early, I get Monkey up, change diaper, get dressed, go downstairs, and have our milk & coffee & breakfast. I check my email and Facebook during the in-betweens.

Monkey spends the morning playing and reading books, and I try to get as much work done as humanly possible between playing with him and all the hug breaks. We go to a lot of play dates and outings and they usually start around 9:30/10:00.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wake up at 5.40am and either go for a walk with my husband, or go to bootcamp just down the road from my house. Return to the house by 7am, wake the kids, have breakfast, send kids to school, have a shower, get dressed.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I get up around 7am, pack the kiddos lunches and feed my whiney cat (he meows and follows me around until I feed him) and my birds. Then I get the kiddo's backpacks ready for school and wake them up, feed them, help them with their crazy long hair, etc. I take them to school for 8:15 and come home afterwards. My dear friend Anita has been trying to convince me of the benefits of juicing celery (yuck!) so that's my newest addition to my morning routine. I choke down the celery juice and start a load of laundry. After that I check my emails, CT groups, Facebook and start posting to IG for SSD if it's my day. (Kendall and I share IG responsibilities and split our days equally.) For the rest of the day I'm just doing regular house stuff, scrapping, IG or talking with my momma. We call each other pretty much every day (we live 1000 miles apart) and talk to each other through dishes, laundry, etc. Until my kiddos get home from school it's pretty hum-ho but I love the quiet me time too.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
My sister calls me on her drive into work every morning, and we chat while I'm getting ready.
How cool is that Kendall? I love it!

My dog is a shih poo (half poodle, half shih tsu). He's 10.5 so getting older. My husband calls him an old lady because he is afraid of everything these days.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am up by 4:15 AM (hubby leaves for work at 4:30 AM) -- get ready for work by 5:00 AM. Sit down on the couch with puppy dog for about 30 minutes and then leave for work by 5:30 AM. Arrive at work around 6:15 AM. I normally eat breakfast at work around 7:30 since I can't eat real early.

Rest of my day is work until 3:30 PM -- arrive back at home around 4:15 PM. Eat supper, sit on couch with puppy dog while scouring the net and scrapping. Bedtime by 9:30

Boy my day is really boring.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My days follow one of two patterns. I wake up usually around 4:45 AM, and I assess my head-ache situation. (I have really sensitive sinuses, and crazy winter weather can really make them angry.) Can I move around without my head pounding? Yes? Ok, I get up and get ready for my favorite Jazzercise class at 5:30, so I usually just get dressed, fill my water bottle and go. I'm there till about 6:30. I get home, let the cat out of the laundry room, and my sweet, wonderful man usually has my tea and breakfast ready for me! We eat together, pray, and then I usually putter around for a while. I clean the kitchen, scrap a little, or I decide to just get ready for the day. Am I the only one who is weary of the "get-ready" routine? SO boring. We don't start school until 11:00, because my son's medication takes a while to be fully effective, and he just can't focus or even look at math until it's working. I usually get some housework done and try to get a few pages finished.

(If, on the other hand, my headache is a pounder, I stay home. I let the cat out early, drink through a pot of tea, and if I can stand the sight of my bright screen, I scrap. Early morning scrapping is the best! Then the rest of the morning proceeds as above.)

Old 02-27-2019, 07:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Usually my cat is meowing for breakfast even before my alarm goes off (Who needs an alarm when you have a cat, honestly?), so I feed him, then wake my daughter up for school (usually at 6:30 am), make her breakfast, and then get ready for work.

I try to leave my house by 8:10 am to get to work by 8:30. My sister calls me on her drive into work every morning, and we chat while I'm getting ready.
Our cat that passed away last year would do this. Although it wasn't just meowing... it was more of a howl!!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My cat is a grazer. If I fed her a certain amount I'd never hear the end of it. She can have whatever she wants as long as she doesn't yell at me all day. lol

Old 02-27-2019, 07:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
My cat is a grazer. If I fed her a certain amount I'd never hear the end of it. She can have whatever she wants as long as she doesn't yell at me all day. lol
Our current cat is a grazer as well. I'm just thankful she doesn't yowl in the morning!!

We cat-sat for a friend. Her husband usually got up at 4am to go to work, and fed the cat before he left. This cat expected me to be up at 4am! LOL!! I'm not a morning person
Old 02-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My preferred morning is not being awaken by my kids before 6:30 but sometimes it's 5:30... then I'm grumpy all day! lol
I like to take my shower first to wake me up and then my kids can come up and I'm in a happy mood. They are 4.5 and 2.5.

Then we have breakfast and I get them dressed (or the other way around). If my oldest has school we walk there and back.
Then my youngest entertains herself all morning while I do chores or scrapbook or whatever else that needs to be done and we got get the oldest around lunch.

Then it's lunch and nap/quiet time.

But all of that will change once we move next week and after I have our third girl in May.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I get up at 5 most days to read my Bible & pray. At 6, I get the kids up and make breakfast. Once they are out the door at 7, I walk on the treadmill for half an hour while watching Brooklyn 99. I'm trying to add a short HIIT workout afterwards, but it's not off to a great start. Then I shower, eat breakfast and dry my hair.

it's new for me, this get up early and get stuff done routine, but I really really like it, as much as I hate the "get up early" part.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wake up during the school year at 5:30am. My older 3 girls get up around that time to get ready for school. We read our morning devotions together and I'm basically there to keep them on schedule. Once they leave for the busstop around 6:35am, I check Facebook until the youngest wakes up around 7am. I eat breakfast with her and help her keep to her schedule. Around 7:55am her and I leave for her busstop 2 blocks away.

Once she is on the bus, my free time starts! Shower, get dressed. I try to do a few household chores (dishes, laundry, cleaning, bills) before I make coffee and turn on the computer. My husband gets home from his 2nd job (oh, I get up at 4:10am to lock the door behind him and go back to sleep) anytime between 8am and noon. We eat lunch together, watch tv and sometimes I'll take a nap or just scrap (it all depends on the day and my mood). Girls start coming home around 2:15pm, my husband leaves for his main job, and the youngest gets home from school.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

M-F I usually get up about 6:30ish. I brush my teeth and hair, feed the starving cats, and then plop on the couch for half hour to check forums, FB, emails. Then I make some tea and oatmeal, wake Jennah up so she can get ready for school. Usually while she is getting ready, I do a little picking up around the house and stretch. Then I take her to school at 8. When I get back home, I sit at the computer and work for a couple hours before doing school with my other kiddos. Some days are super crazy because my other daughter is dual enrolled, so I have to take her to the school for orchestra, pick her up, and then go back to get Jennah in the afternoon. It takes up a lot of time!
Old 02-27-2019, 11:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I wake up at 6:02, go the bathroom, brush my hair and put it into a ponytail, then put my contacts in, brush my teeth, put my hair into a bun, put on facial lotion and let it soak in, then put on my powder foundation. Then I go and get together my gym clothes into a bag for after work. Then I get my uniform on. Then I make coffee and pack my breakfast and lunch. Lastly, I make sure my boys are awake and I leave for work.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

During the week I am up by 5:00. I jump right into the shower, then do the getting ready stuff, and get dressed. That usually takes a half hour or so. After I am dressed I take the pups outside. My oldest one is 14 and has a hard time walking, so I carry him out and give him a little help if he needs it. (The other day the wind was so had here it kept blowing him over and rolling him around the yard. He's like a turtle, if he gets on his back, he is pretty helpless.) After I bring the pups in, I give them a treat, feed and water them and then I make my ice tea and breakfast/lunch for work. My older pup goes into "doggy daycare" and then I go off to work by 6:00. I get to the office around 6:30 most days and start working. Mornings are my busiest time and my team works in rounds. I officially start at 7:00, my analyst starts at 8 and my scheduler starts at 9. I work through lunch, but do eat something at my desk so that I can leave at 3 pm.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
My days follow one of two patterns. I wake up usually around 4:45 AM, and I assess my head-ache situation. (I have really sensitive sinuses, and crazy winter weather can really make them angry.) Can I move around without my head pounding? Yes? Ok, I get up and get ready for my favorite Jazzercise class at 5:30, so I usually just get dressed, fill my water bottle and go. I'm there till about 6:30. I get home, let the cat out of the laundry room, and my sweet, wonderful man usually has my tea and breakfast ready for me! We eat together, pray, and then I usually putter around for a while. I clean the kitchen, scrap a little, or I decide to just get ready for the day. Am I the only one who is weary of the "get-ready" routine? SO boring. We don't start school until 11:00, because my son's medication takes a while to be fully effective, and he just can't focus or even look at math until it's working. I usually get some housework done and try to get a few pages finished.

(If, on the other hand, my headache is a pounder, I stay home. I let the cat out early, drink through a pot of tea, and if I can stand the sight of my bright screen, I scrap. Early morning scrapping is the best! Then the rest of the morning proceeds as above.)
Ally, I'm a jazzercise instructor... but you won't see me at class at that hour of the day!!
Old 02-28-2019, 12:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work 2 days a week so my mornings are drastically different! Today was a work day- so the alarm goes off at 6:30. I get up get dressed (lay my clothes out the night before), brush my teeth, put on some mascara, moisturizer & deodorant, grab my lunch (packed the night before) and head out by 640! Im not an early morning person & prefer to do as much as possible the night before! Our dog is an English bulldog & is lazy to the max in the mornings. If I see her on my work mornings- she pretends to not see me! Lol

On my non-working mornings- my daughter wakes me up around 730. I make sure they packed appropriate lunches, have had some breakfast & have everything ready for the bus which comes at 8:09am. After they leave for school, I start laundry, Robbie (our roomba) & make myself some coffee & breakfast. I LOVE my quiet mornings! I try to do some chores before hopping onto the PC to scrap but sometimes I have ct responsibilities that draw me in sooner!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:00 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi! I am usually up at 7 my hubby is long gone at 400 (he has a 2 hour commute each way). I get dressed, feed dogs, cats and fish and by 745 I make my grandson's breakfast and lunch. He is special needs so I help him with breakfast and by 820 we are getting ready for school. By 840 we leave for school to be there by 900. I then pick up 2 students and return home by 930 to home school them. Sometimes I have time to check my email, and scrap stores while students are completing assignments. At 230 I take them home and then tutor my other students until 530. Then its time for dinner, scrapping, and playtime with pup and grandson. Once a week I spend 24 hours with my sister (she is not healthy and we scrap together) I usually go to bed around 12 - 2 am.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Y'all are early birds!! I've always been more of a night owl, but my youngest wanted to go to public high school when we move here, so now most mornings I'm up by 6:45, get ready and take him to school. He'll probably have his driver's license by next month, so he'll be driving himself, but I'll probably still get up to see him off.
I'm usually back home by about 7:45, put on my first cup of tea. Make sure the cat has food & water, and figure out what needs to be done. Check email, forum, FB.
Most days I'm scrapping and/or doing housework.
I guess my schedule will probably adjust next week because my older son wrecked his car last week, so he'll probably need to be dropped off at work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2019, 03:20 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

kids alarm goes off at 6, they climb into bed with me until 6.30 (hubby leaves 4.30-5.00 so there's plenty of room) they snuggle with me til 6.30 then i get up and have a shower and get myself ready for work, the get up at 7 and get ready for school we're out of the house by 7.50. On the weekends unless we have something on we all sleep in like really sleep in my 2 girls can sleep til 10.30 lol
Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

On the weekdays, I wake up at 6.10. I comb my hair, cook water, prepare breakfast for my husband and boy, and mop the floor of the living room and kitchen.
At 6.45, I wake my son, let him have breakfast, while I tidy up the bedroom and mop, then I go take shower and get myself dressed to walk my son to school at 7.40 (at the latest). His school is only 10 mins away from home.
Then, I'll go home, have breakfast and do errands like laundry, cleaning, etc. before turning on my computer to check email, forums, etc. However, starting this week, I'll have one day of the week where I'll walk to the gym to swim. This week, hubby drove me there, next week, I'll have to walk at least 30 mins one way there... so we'll see.

In the weekend, I always try to sleep in as much as possible, unless we have things planned to do.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

schedule.....what’s that?
morning.....what’s that?

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-28-2019, 10:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I get up between 7 and 7:20 depending on whether I have to do my hair or not. The kids are usually already up by then but if not, I wake them up no later than 7:20. I am not a morning person (unlike both of my children -- ugh!) so all clothes get laid out and the lunches & backpacks get packed the night before so there is the least possible to remember and to do in the mornings.

I get ready while the kiddos have breakfast. My oldest does her bathroom stuff while I help the littlest get dressed. The oldest gets dressed while the youngest & I pull the backpacks & coats/jackets out and put freezer packs in the lunches. Everyone gets their shoes on & we're out the door between 8 and 8:10.

If it's a Monday, we drop the oldest off at school and then run errands and/or go grocery shopping before coming back to the house.

If it's Tuesday-Thursday, I drop the littlest off at preschool, drop the oldest off at school, and then I head to work. His school starts at 8:30, hers starts at 8:40, and I need to be at work by 9.

If it's a Friday, I drop the littlest off at my parents' house, drop the oldest off at school, and then I head to work.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
We cat-sat for a friend. Her husband usually got up at 4am to go to work, and fed the cat before he left. This cat expected me to be up at 4am! LOL!! I'm not a morning person
It's so funny to me that they instinctively know what time breakfast is usually served! When I get two weeks off at Christmas and am able to sleep later, my cat (thankfully) adjusts his schedule accordingly.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's so funny to me that they instinctively know what time breakfast is usually served! When I get two weeks off at Christmas and am able to sleep later, my cat (thankfully) adjusts his schedule accordingly.
Wow! Your kitty is a gentleman!!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My morning schedule varies, but for the most part, during school time it goes like this
5:30 - wake up and do my daily devotions
6 - text my middle to make sure she's awake and getting ready for the day. Then I'll turn on the local news on my phone to see if there is school, or what's new overnight.
6:05 - I wake my son up, help him get dressed. Get him in the bathroom and brush his teeth
6:10 - I make little man's lunch
6:15 - out of the house heading on post.
6:40 - drop my daughter off at her friend's house where they catch the bus for a half-hour ride to their high school.
7:20 - sit in my son's parking lot with him, talking about his day, etc until the bell rings and he walks in to the school.
7:50 - arrive at home where I'll eat my breakfast
8 - it's about the time I do some of my daily chores: Laundry is on Monday, cleaning kitchen is Tuesday, etc.

That's my day---long and lots of chauffeuring the kids places!
Old 03-01-2019, 01:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’ve really enjoyed this thread and getting a peek into your daily routine. I can’t believe how early many of you get up.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

6:15: Alarm goes off and I grab the baby for some snuggles
6:30: Out of bed, shower, get little dude dressed, check work and home email, get dressed, do my make up, pack, etc
7:15: Leave the house
7:30: Drive to daycare, drop off and commute to work
7:45-8:00: Work - my day usually consists of a series of anywhere between 3-10 meetings (sometimes I grab coffee or breakfast at the caf, but most days I bring my breakfast)

... and my evening routine ...
4:45-5:00: Pick up little dude from daycare
5:00-10:30: Depends on the day - usually some combination of making dinner, working, scrapping, occasionally a tv show, bathing the little guy, helping my older kids with homework, chores, laundry, sporting practices or games, catching up on work I didn't get done during the business day (emails, powerpoint, etc), getting the little guy to bed ... and much more.
10:30-11:30/12:00: Read

Rinse and repeat

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 03-01-2019 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I felt like I woke up extremely early until I read everyone's answers! Haha
I wake up at 0545 (unless I snooze til 6!) get up, brush teeth etc., get dressed (shower if I didn't right before bed), maybe check email or fire up my laminator if there's anything I need done for school that day, fill my water bottle & make sure I have everything in my bag. Then I leave to walk to work. The walk either takes 8-10 minutes or 12-15 minutes, depending on the route I take. I like to get to my classroom around 6:45 or at least before 7 (although I was later than that every day this week, I think because my kids were up before I left and slowed me down!) and I double-check my plans for the day, arrange our daily schedule cards, write a "morning message" for my students, and take care of any other odds & ends I need ready for the day. My students start arriving around 8:05, my daughter is usually the first one to arrive. School starts at 8:15 and we do morning routine, calendar routine, and all of the other routines
Old 03-01-2019, 07:29 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

We have 4 young children at home (3 under school-age) and I'm a full time SAHM at the moment, so our mornings are pretty much a game of Jumanji! They all wake between 6-6.30am, my youngest likes a long breastfeed in bed in the mornings. The older 3 boys all watch a bit of TV and I start 'encouraging' them all to get dressed and ready. If it's a preschool morning, the twins get dropped off at 8.30am. School starts at 9am for our eldest son (age 7). Preschool and school are in different locations, but only a 5 minute drive away.

I like to play a little Pokemon GO and detour to the local park on the way home from school drop-off, then it's back to the daily grind of cleaning/feeding/entertaining kids most of the day. I generally don't get to scrap or check out websites until they're all in bed for the night, so my window is roughly 9.30-11pm.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 03-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sheri - love that you finish the day with reading. I am the opposite, I start my day with reading. I never go a day without it.

I am loving this thread so much, I'm going to go start another thread to get to know you all better.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

During the week, my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. I shower and get dressed and then head to the kitchen to pack my lunch and eat breakfast. I try to head out the door at 7:10 a.m. for my approximately 40-minute commute to work. If I'm running late, which invariably I am, I pack my breakfast in my lunch bag and eat at work. I'm so lucky that the boss isn't a stickler for being on time. I rarely leave work on time, though.