Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-29-2022, 10:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop Elements 2022

To those of you who have it, what frustrates you about it? What do you love about it? I'm WAY behind. I have PSE 10! Thanks!
Old 04-29-2022, 01:39 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I don't have 2022, but I've upgraded pretty frequently over the years and am currently using PSE 2020. I think there might be a slight adjustment from PSE10, because that has been quite a long time, buuuut... it's mostly the same and has just gotten better over the years with more features added.

If I remember correctly there might be some differences in the photobin at the bottom of the screen that took me some getting used to, but you should be fine overall.

I am a HUGE advocate of using PSE because it does everything a scrapper (and even most designers) need, at a reasonable one time purchase (and is often on sale for much less than the $99 retail) which is great!

Why don't you download the free 30-day trial to see what you think?
Old 04-29-2022, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went from PSE5 to 2020. It was rough at first, but you get used to it. I don't like having to drag an item on top of what layer you want in the work area instead of on top of whatever layer is selected in the layers pallet.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I went from PSE5 to 2020. It was rough at first, but you get used to it. I don't like having to drag an item on top of what layer you want in the work area instead of on top of whatever layer is selected in the layers pallet.
Couldn’t agree more!! I don’t understand that change, it makes life harder instead of easier…
Old 04-30-2022, 09:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thank you, everyone!! Robin, I started off with Paint Shop Pro way back in 2006, but very soon thereafter, I learned that PSE was the way to go. Thank you for the link and info. DH says "Just buy it."

Lynn and farrijc, I'm prepared for it to be rough. LOL That dragging will be pretty different.

Thanks again!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That problem isn’t in PSE 2022 yay!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
Thank you, everyone!! Robin, I started off with Paint Shop Pro way back in 2006, but very soon thereafter, I learned that PSE was the way to go. Thank you for the link and info. DH says "Just buy it."

Lynn and farrijc, I'm prepared for it to be rough. LOL That dragging will be pretty different.

Thanks again!
I agree with Robin to get the trial and try it out. I have PSE 2022 and am happy to answer questions and help. The dragging problem isn’t in PSE 2022, yay! Installing actions and styles is tons easier in PSE 11 and newer. PSE 11 is when they introduced the new interface. It’ll take some adjustment but in the end you’ll love it and be able to follow tutorials you find online so much easier.

Many of us can help. If you have a question, just ask the pink ladies here

Last edited by keepscrappin; 04-30-2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info, Kayla! I'm stuck with it because I'm too cheap to pay for an upgrade after only two years.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Kayla! I'm stuck with it because I'm too cheap to pay for an upgrade after only two years.
I'm the same way about upgrading. I went from PSE 10 to PSE 14. Then waited until PSE 2019 to upgrade. I wouldn't have upgraded to PSE 2022 but I got it when it was on sale, because they added the warp tool when you transform. I just HAD to have that option to tweak my shadows like Cheryl does in her Watch Cheryl Scrap videos. I just wish it had the option to easily separate the shadows to their own layer. I don't want to rent my software. I'd rather spend that money on more scrappin supplies.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Kayla, thank you for all input and the offer to help!! That's great that they got rid of the dragging problem!
Old 05-01-2022, 04:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
I'm the same way about upgrading. I went from PSE 10 to PSE 14. Then waited until PSE 2019 to upgrade. I wouldn't have upgraded to PSE 2022 but I got it when it was on sale, because they added the warp tool when you transform. I just HAD to have that option to tweak my shadows like Cheryl does in her Watch Cheryl Scrap videos. I just wish it had the option to easily separate the shadows to their own layer. I don't want to rent my software. I'd rather spend that money on more scrappin supplies.
I'm still using PSE 14 and after reading this thread and googling the changes since then, maybe it's time for me to upgrade finally lol
Old 05-01-2022, 10:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirljen View Post
I'm still using PSE 14 and after reading this thread and googling the changes since then, maybe it's time for me to upgrade finally lol
Definitely get the trial and see how you like it and if it's worth it to you to upgrade. There's been a fair amount of upgrades between PSE 14 and PSE 2022. Font text changes, ability to put layers into groups and the warp tool are among some of the changes I can think of at the moment.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, yes! upgrade if you are still using PSE10 or 14!! So many better things that are worth it in newer versions. I waited for three years to upgrade until PSE2022 came out because they FINALLY gave us a version of the warp tool in this one after adding things I didn't really care about.

The drag and drop thing takes a bit of getting used to, but it isn't a big deal once you adjust. How is everyone else's program not doing the dropping on top of the layer you lift the mouse button on? mine still does that... but, whatever I am totally used to it now and would probably find it annoying if it changed back to the previous way.

Brushes, styles, actions are so much easier to load now (maybe you have that though? I can't remember what version they added the in program menu adding for those...)

You can adjust the spacing between letters of text (known as tracking - we used to have to have the oriental character options activated to play with it). Still wish they would give us a few more text tool options, but this one was needed badly.

Being able to group layers together in the layers palette takes some getting used to because the keyboard shortcut for clipping a layer to the one below changed, but I have come to really appreciate that feature.

All of the guided edits they have added are pretty awesome for doing fancier things for you. I tend to forget those are hiding in that other part of the program.

Now if only they would add spellcheck I think my longtime wishlist would be fulfilled- not that there aren't other additions that would be great, but the ones I have wanted for so long would be in it.

Last edited by mmbstaley; 05-10-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
Oh gosh, yes! upgrade if you are still using PSE10 or 14!! So many better things that are worth it in newer versions. I waited for three years to upgrade until PSE2022 came out because they FINALLY gave us a version of the warp tool in this one after adding things I didn't really care about.

The drag and drop thing takes a bit of getting used to, but it isn't a big deal once you adjust. How is everyone else's program not doing the dropping on top of the layer you lift the mouse button on? mine still does that... but, whatever I am totally used to it now and would probably find it annoying if it changed back to the previous way.

Brushes, styles, actions are so much easier to load now (maybe you have that though? I can't remember what version they added the in program menu adding for those...)

You can adjust the spacing between letters of text (known as tracking - we used to have to have the oriental character options activated to play with it). Still wish they would give us a few more text tool options, but this one was needed badly.

Being able to group layers together in the layers palette takes some getting used to because the keyboard shortcut for clipping a layer to the one below changed, but I have come to really appreciate that feature.

All of the guided edits they have added are pretty awesome for doing fancier things for you. I tend to forget those are hiding in that other part of the program.

Now if only they would add spellcheck I think my longtime wishlist would be fulfilled- not that there aren't other additions that would be great, but the ones I have wanted for so long would be in it.
Melinda, where are you dragging and dropping from? When I'm adding a photo to a layout I click on the photo in the photo bin to make it the active document. Then I drag it down to my layout in the photo bin and it goes on top of the layer that was selected in layers palette of my layout. Over the years there were problems when dragging from the photo bin up to your layout, so I got used to dragging down to the layout in the photo bin.

I don't drag and drop elements per se. I use the file > place command to add papers, elements and such to my layout. It places the items in the center of the layout on the layer above the currently selected layer. I do it this way for two reasons. First because it keeps the filename as the layer name so it's easier for credits and second because I don't want a bunch of open files in the photo bin taking up memory.

File > place is easy to use. It opens the file explorer and I just navigate through my digi folders. I have my digi supply folder pinned to the quick access in windows file explorer, so I can easily find the supplies I need as I scrap.

I hope that helps you with the drag and drop problem.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
Melinda, where are you dragging and dropping from? .....

I hope that helps you with the drag and drop problem.
Yeah, I've pretty much always done drag and drop UP from the file bin. I love to just open everything I think I might want and pick and choose later as I go. The place function only works with one file at a time and I like to open lots of things at once :P I'm very indecisive when I first start on a page Like I said, I've gotten used to having to lift the button with the pointer over the layer I want it on top of and do it unconsciously now I've found even when I'm not trying It keeps the active document as my page I'm working on after the drop too, so I can add letters in order pretty quickly since they are usually right next to each other in the bin. Filenames have always been preserved in the layers palette for me, or at least they have for a really long time - I kind of vaguely remember when it just numbered them.

The biggest thing I realized recently about dragging down from an active document into another in the photo bin is that if you choose multiple layers it preserves them when you drag them down onto another file in the photobin. I had only done that successfully from floating windows before (which I normally despise since I can't keep track of them visually).
Dragging UP from the photobin merges all of the visible layers for the transferred file in the new document you drop it in.
I don't know why I never realized that before, but it is something I use regularly now since I like to tweak and adjust elements I use a lot.

It's all what you get used to and knowing how things are working. Once I knew what was going on when the drag up function changed, I adjusted my work flow to accomodate.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry that I hadn't gotten back to this thread. I can't believe it's been a month! It's been a very busy month for me, mainly with my son's college graduation (where did those 4 years after high school go?), and then Mother's Day, and then a nephew's graduation. Phew!

Melinda and Kayla, thank you for all your input. Once I get PSE 2022, I'm going to have to cut and paste and make a tutorial for myself from everything everyone posted.

Jen, since I'm still using PSE 10, I've got more of a learning curve than you. LOL

Thanks again, everyone! I've got some days off of work so I should look into it this weekend.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm still on the fence about 2022. I have 2018 and wonder if 2022 is that much better.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, I did it! I bought a combo PSE 2022 and Premiere Elements 2022; my husband and son use Premiere. I'm glad I didn't buy it when I first posted, because just PSE was $99. Best Buy had the combo on sale for $99.

It is not yet installed because my husband, retired IT consultant, takes care of all installations, and he's been busy smoking a brisket, so hopefully tomorrow he can do it. I've been busy trying to get all my digi supplies organized. I'll keep y'all posted.

Cherylny, I have PSE 10, so 2022 will be tons better for me.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just downloaded PSE 2022, so I hope i like it. I rarely upgrade just because they don’t ever add anything I care about. But I got a new computer this week, and it said PSE 15 wasn’t compatible, though when I logged on the next day it was installed. Maybe I just misread the error message because I secretly wanted to upgrade.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Does anyone know if there is any tutorials for helping me "learn" PSE 2022? I have been on a year or more hiatus and stopped my adobe membership so I bought PSE 2022 and am having trouble figuring out some of the basic steps.