Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Need advice on a hairstyle...

for my 8 year old daughter. To give a little background, she wanted to donate her hair so we've been growing it long for over a year now. Well, to tell you the truth...I'm sick of it! Her hair is super thick and it's a pain to wash, brush, etc. So I'm taking her in the next few weeks to cut it off and finally donate it-fingers crossed it's long enough now. I would really like her to have an age appropriate cute new 'do to go back to school with. Obviously it will be shorter-sans the donating part. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

my dd has SUPER thick hair that's poker straight but has volume.

this is how we haver her hair cut and we got comments all the time about how it suits her so well.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't find the original photo on my computer right now, but here's a lo I did with my stepdaughter's new hair cut. Her mom always gave her a funky second layer of bangs that made her hair look a bit mulletish.. She had supershort bangs, a second layer that was just as long as her ears and went halfway around her head with a thin layer of hair that hadn't been chopped into some sort of bangs still reaching down to her butt. Finally just we had it all chopped off to blend in that second weird layer of bangs.

Not sure how short you're wanting to go, but I love this cut, it's a bit pixie-ish, and looked really cute on her. (and I'm happy to report after her mom got over the initial shock, she let the rest of her hair grow nicely with only one layer of bangs )
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have suggestions for styles, but thought I'd mention that Pantene Beautiful Lengths will take 8" of hair. Just in case hers isn't long enough for Locks of Love.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 6 year old wants her hair cut (to her chin). I think we're going to go out and buy lots of headbands. I'm a mom who likes my girls to wear super big bows so I don't know what I'm going to do!! LOL!! I think she's getting her hair cut just so she doesn't have to wear my silly bows!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now Cassie is growing her bangs out. I told her if she didn't take care of them herself (headbands, etc.) They were going to be cut. She had them cut one time because she didn't take care of them. LOL. Now she always keeps them back. BUT I am ready for her to have a new doo too. Can't wait to see pics that people post ...

Laura, Cassie had that same hair cut! Brie ... ADROABLE!!!! Did she have to "style" it or was that natural?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the ideas girls. Hannah isn't much for having anything in her hair except a ponytail holder (as we call them); I think we have every color. She would just walk around with her hair hanging in her face if I let her! LOL I'm really liking the idea of a Pixie cut or maybe a wedge-type cut. I'm just nervous because last time I had them cut her hair short she ended up looking like a boy (in fact, someone asked how old "he" was-ugh!). This time though she is going to my hair stylist instead of some random person like before; maybe I will have better luck. Thanks again!