Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? 13 years, two boys ages 5 & 8, 3 year old girl
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? You give love a bad name - my boys and I love Bon Jovi!
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Take better pictures
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dusting
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? Preserving memories for my family, having a creative outlet I love
What is your favorite form of exercise? Jazzercise! Seriously, I love it and am considering becoming an instructor
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I would much rather change my last name
Who are your scrapbooking idols? Cindy, Jacinda, seattlesheri
What's your favorite meal? Can't narrow it down to one!
Are you "addicted" to anything? Coke... The drink
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? That's a tough one
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? None
What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? Love flowers and greenery least would be doodles
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Too many to name!
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? my husband tries really hard but doesn't always hit the mark. He did give me tickets to see Il Divo for my birthday yesterday - I was pretty happy with that!
Baths or showers? showers, definitely
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: shy, smart, sarcastic, happy mom
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least?
~ Most favorite - string or rope or thin curled ribbon Least favorite - chipmunks and squirrels (thinking back to ADSR)

Hahahaha!!! That is the best answer!!! (but oddly enough, my favorite layout from that race wound up being that layout)
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? My husband Les, and I, have been together for 18 years (since I was 16) and have been married for almost 13. We have 3 kiddos, Serenity 10, Sawyer who is about to turn 9, and Spencer 5.
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Grenade by Bruno Mars
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Drive a car with a manual transmission so I can drive my hubby's 2012 Boss Mustang!!
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the kitty box
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? Just the joy I get out of creating my own type of art with all the elements etc. It's just really fun!
What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking on mt treadmill
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? That's hard, I actually really like my name. I guess if I HAD to change it, I would choose Scarlett
Who are your scrapbooking idols? Wow, I don't even know...
What's your favorite meal? Thanksgiving dinner lol! I love traditional southern homecooked food
Are you "addicted" to anything? Besides digiscrap?? Ummm... Dr. Pepper
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? I'm not sure....
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? People used to say I looked like the girl from Single White Female, Jennifer Jason Leigh, is her name I think... I don't really know tho...
What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? love flowers, ribbon and string... least fav would be buttons
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? The Today Show this morning, it was talking about a young woman who died while texting/facebooking and driving
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best.... my hubby bought me a new Jeep for my birthday last year. Worst...... I can't think of one lol
Baths or showers? showers
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: creative, funny, adventurous, pretty, kind
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids?
Yes. Kids 11 and 6 (boy and girl)

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I just checked - Empire State of Mind

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Drive a car. Close second and third: Sew and Swim.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cook? Heehee. Ironing is a close second.

What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking?
The Memory-Recordkeeping

What is your favorite form of exercise?
Dancing

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
When I was in 3rd grade, I hated my name. Why didnt my parents name me Jennifer or Michelle or Theresa (popular and common names at my time). But when I got into high school, I loved my name already. I was the only one named like me in a 500 student population. It helps me being recognized :P

Who are your scrapbooking idols?
OH so many!! Ali, CZ, Kelly Purkey, Elise Baha, and the rest of the Babes

What's your favorite meal?
Dessert! Sweet tooth I am (Channeling Yoda here)

Are you "addicted" to anything?
The internet, and sweets.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Elise Baha. I am amazed how her brain works. And how she persists project after project!

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like?
None.

Favorite - flowers. Least - metal things.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
The Vow.

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Im drawing a blank here.

Baths or showers?
Showers

Describe yourself in 5 words or less:
Persevering. Stubborn. Creative. Moody.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? Yes, 9.5 years. Two boys, (4.5 and 18 mos)
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Anything by Casting Crowns
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak Swedish
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? I love recording the details of life.
What is your favorite form of exercise? Cybex arc trainer
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Renee
Who are your scrapbooking idols? Don't really have an any idols, but I love to see Nettio's take on a kit...she's so out of my box.
What's your favorite meal? Pizza from a place in my hometown.
Are you "addicted" to anything? Soda. Preferrably coke.
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? My friend Alexi.
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? When While You Were Sleeping came out in the 90s, I was told I looked like Sandra Bullock.
What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? I like stars. Not a fan of bows...hard to make them work with boys...
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Courageous.
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? My SIL once gave us a framed photo of her cats.
Baths or showers? Showers.
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: Spiritual. Sarcastic. Funny. Loud. Intelligent.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? Nope With kids? Nope
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Don't have a iPod so listen to the radio a lot
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? hmm... play the keyboard, sing, take better photos
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? ironing (I probably have a pile waiting for me now) & making my bed
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? allowing me to be creative
What is your favorite form of exercise? gym - need to get into a better routine with it though now that I am at school - have only gone once in a week and a half, by now it should have been 4x
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name just as it is
Who are your scrapbooking idols? Celeste and anyone who does simple pages though I admire all the other babes too
What's your favorite meal? Wendy's by far - it takes 2 buses and about 35 mins to get there so it is far enough I am not too tempted by it
Are you "addicted" to anything? duh.....internet
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? right now it would have to be my health knowledge tutor at uni - she is also the program leader of the bachelor of nursing so I am learning so much inside knowledge of the program I want to do
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? none
What's your most-favorite embellishment? stitching, especially Traci's Your least? probably brads or un-stitched buttons
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? don't watch or read enough to answer
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best: it's not exactly a gift but an offer I couldn't refuse from a friend of mine, a new laptop. Worst - DVD's of movies I am not even interested in
Baths or showers? showers
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: tired, disorganized, wanting to scrap

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Are you married? With kids? yes and YES
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? ummm what is an iPOD!!!!
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?learning all the lighting aspcets of indoor oitrait studio
What chore do you absolutely hate doing?sweeping
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking?oreserving my family's daily memmories
What is your favorite form of exercise?{ummmm none }
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? MomWho are your scrapbooking idols? Heather GW, Laura, Lizzy, Lex, Lydia, Cindy, Janet, Yari
What's your favorite meal? corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoies
Are you "addicted" to anything? buying Becky Higgins Porject Life supplies!
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Renee Guilliano {she is a local studio photographer and is awamzing!
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? none
What's your most-favorite embellishment? flowersYour least?ribbon
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?twilight...yep I am that sappy girl
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? given: always something I have printed and framed for family....worst: I gave my son Mindflex last year and it has only been played ONCE!!!
Baths or showers? baths'
Fisty, approcable, friendly, bitch, selfless, dedicated {to whatever I do }
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes and Yes. Dan and I have been married for 13 years, and we have 3 kids. Jason is 8, Ben is almost 6, and Lauren is 3.

For the last few weeks it has been Adele's Set Fire to the Rain.

Get a DSLR and learn to shoot amazing photos on manual. But the motivation to put in real time and effort just isn't there right now, so until I master learning through osmosis (ie, put the book under my pillow and just soak it all in) it isn't gonna happen.

Vacuuming. And taking out garbage. And I'm sure there are more

I love the way the photos and journaling on a page can take me right back to different stages of my kids' lives. And the pretty supplies don't hurt, either.

Those words rarely go together for me. The few I really enjoy, like swimming, aren't practical as part of my everyday life.

No idea.

Too many to name!

I have 3: pizza, lobster, and paneer kabobs with tikka masala sauce. Mmm,,,

Books, the internet, chocolate, my camera and computer...

I have no idea. I'd like to be more like my mother, but our personalities are different and mentoring wouldn't change that.

No one mistakes me for a celebrity.

Favoriteibbons, flowers, little bits of metal or other dimensional accents
Least-Thick frames and brushes. And it isn't an embellishment, but patterned papers with very large scale designs.

I'm easy. Any book that doesn't make me tear up probably isn't very good.

My memory stinks...I can't remember. Best given are probably some that I gave my kids. My best gifts received are the ones I give myself, LOL. All my favorite electronics--camera, computer, smartphone, & kindle--make the list.

Baths or showers?
Showers. I used to love baths as a rare treat, but now that's wasted time that I can't spend scrapping, reading, or surfing. (I'm way too big a klutz to take a smartphone or kindle into the bath.)

Mom, happy, introvert, easily rattled
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm married for 9 years, 2 daughters 5 and 2,5 years.

Don't have an iPod but in music right now I have a Queen-period.

I have a mile-long list of these (foreign languages, crafting techniques, playing saxophone and many more). And another mile-long list of things I'd like to learn properly. Yes, I'm a perfectionist but I'm working on it. Thanks for asking.

Cleaning the fridge.

It keeps me aware of the precious little moments in my life.

Running (5 weeks to my first marathon), pilates, dancing of all kind, yoga, skiing.

I wouldn't change mine.

Cindy, Lynnette, Kjersti

Steak

Exercising, probably.

Tomáš Halík, Czech pastor and philosopher.

I have no clue.

Most favorite: stitching, bows/ribbons/strings, flowers. Least favorite probably too fancy frames.

I just finished reading a book about marathon (from Hal Higdon) and even that made me cry. I'm hopeless.

Best: a huge set of markers when I was little. Worst: an ugly marmot toy when I was pregnant.

Baths or showers?
Showers

Describe yourself in 5 words or less
over-achiever, extrovert, funny, happy, smart
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? not married, but dating for almost 10 years. 2kids: a girl: almost 8 and a boy: 2.5
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? don't have an Ipod.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? being more selfconfident
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes, cleaning floors, cleaning toilets
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? the memory keeping, the creative outlet
What is your favorite form of exercise? Biking
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Don't like my first name but wouldn't know what to change it in. Ona maybe.
Who are your scrapbooking idols? I bookmark the galleries of my favorite scrappers and there are more then 40 bookmarks in that folder. So way too many to name! But if I had to pick a number 1, it would be Cindy Schneider.
What's your favorite meal? My husband's lasagna. (yeah I call him husband even though we're not married. lol)
Are you "addicted" to anything? yep. Way too many things.
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Peter Adriaenssens. He is a Belgian child psychiatrist who has written some amazing books.
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? When I was younger, people told me I looked like Isabelle A, a Belgian singer. I even had someone ask me an autograph once.
What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? Most: flowers, ribbon, string Least: journaling blocks, especially lined ones.
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I cry at everything. Especially watching the news can make me feel so miserable, so I try to avoid that.
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best gift: my children. Worst: a pair of orange, woolen socks from a student
Baths or showers? Showers in the morning, but I love relaxing in a bath in the evening from time to time as well.
sensitive, insecure, creative, honest, chaotic

Last edited by Freckles; 03-06-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? Not married (live with my boyfriend of 4 years); have a 10 year old daughter named Hannah.

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? My Ipod was confiscated by my daughter but if I got to use it I would be listening to anything by Adele.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? How to sew or how to take better pictures.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the toilets.

What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? Creating an organized keepsake for my daughter.

What is your favorite form of exercise? Not sure I have one yet…currently walking for exercise.

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name.

Who are your scrapbooking idols? Anyone who can find time to scrap while taking care of the kid(s), husband/significant other, work, household chores, etc. I sure can’t!

What's your favorite meal? Anything pasta

Are you "addicted" to anything? YES…my Ipad2 and Pinterest.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? The First Lady, Michelle Obama.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? I personally don’t believe it but people used to say I look like Rosie O’Donnell.

What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? Favorite: Anything blingy. Least Fave: Anything manly or boyish looking.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Extreme Makeover Home Edition used to make me do the ugly cry every time I watched.

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Best: Ipad. Worst: A cookbook from my Aunt. PS: there wasn’t anything in it I even liked.

Baths or showers? Shower.

Describe yourself in 5 words or less: funny, spontaneous, loyal, caring, busy

Old 03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? yes, one 14 year old son who may not make it to 15 if his behavior doesn't improve (lol)
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? is it terrible to say that I don't use my ipod, but my husband has over 30,000 songs on his, so he varies the songs for me
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? tough question, learn to speak Spanish fluently
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? laundry
What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? telling the story
What is your favorite form of exercise? walking
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Emma
Who are your scrapbooking idols? Cathy Z, Libby P, Janet P (I have a few more, but I can't think of them right now
What's your favorite meal? anything with fresh tomatoes and basil
Are you "addicted" to anything? researching anything new (I know, it's weird)
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? Nobody
What's your most-favorite embellishment? swirls and frames Your least? I get tired of flowers
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I still can't read Love You Forever without tearing up
What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? my laptop for Mother's Day
Baths or showers? Showers
Describe yourself in 5 words or less: optimistic, caring, traveler, life long learner, reader
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? Yes, married almost 17 years with 3 girls ages 8, 4 and 3.

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? My DH stole my iPod - I need to get that back!

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Play Violin, and I'm seriously jealous of the photography skills of a lot of you girls!

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Normally I would say ironing but for some reason I have found that relaxing lately??? Probably cleaning the bathtub.

What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? Preserving memories for my family

What is your favorite form of exercise? I love how I feel after working out - so just about anything - spinning, pilates, elliptical, walking, weight training...

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Olivia, love the nicknames Liv, Livvy

Who are your scrapbooking idols? Sue Setiadji, aly321, heathergw...I'm sure there are tons more, everyone here is so talented!

What's your favorite meal? Something grilled (steak or fish) with a spinach and strawberry salad with feta and candied pecans.

Are you "addicted" to anything? Coke, unfortunately - maybe I should clarify that's Coca Cola

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? I have been so fortunate to have some awesome, godly ladies come alongside me in this journey of life. Think I'll stick with them.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? I can only dream of being mistaken for a celebrity!

What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least? I love unique doodles and paint splatters, bead spills, etc. Never can make a brad look right on a LO.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? What doesn't make me cry. It's ridiculous!!

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? I got my husband an iPad for his 40th birthday this year. It was a total surprise and he loved it!

Baths or showers?
Showers

Describe yourself in 5 words or less: Shy, compassionate, fun-loving
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you married? With kids? Together for 15yrs and married for almost 10 yrs. DS is 5, DD is due in July.

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? Don't have an iPod.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Dancing!!

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes

What's your favorite thing about scrapbooking? Documenting the moments

What is your favorite form of exercise? None...Why waste time when i could be scrapbooking!!

If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name

Who are your scrapbooking idols? Cindy Schneider and Kim De Smet

What's your favorite meal? Anything Chinese and Thai

Are you "addicted" to anything? Scrapbooking

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?Dr. B.Srinivas..He was the Dean of our faculty when i was in Med. School. Unfortunately he passed away when I was doing my Internship.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Or who do YOU think you look like? None

What's your most-favorite embellishment? Your least?My faves are stars and flowers. Don't really have a least fav.

What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Judith Mcnaught makes me cry!!!

What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? I always pick my gifts. That makes it easier for everyone

Baths or showers? Showers!

Describe yourself in 5 words or less: Organized, Shy, Friendly, Creative and Loyal