Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default another disney question (magic kingdom)

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I were planning on going to Disney tomorrow and my daughter just sent me a message on facebook that Magic Kingdom is closed. I know there may be parts which are closed for renovation or overhaul or creating new attractions but the whole park isn't closed is it? I am kinda thinking we might do Universal IOA instead if thats the case.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Nope, this should be all that's closed....

May 2012

Magic Kingdom

Fantasy Faire gift shop in Fantasyland will close for a brief refurbishment from May 7 through May 17 2012. new
Snow White's Scary Adventures will close for good on May 31, 2012. The location will become the new home of the Disney Princesses meet and greet called "Fairytale Hall". A new roller coaster with a Seven Dwarfs theme will open in Fantasyland sometime in 2013new
Fairytale Garden is closed until mid-May 2012 for preparation of a new play and greet experience themed after Pixar's new "Brave" movie. The movie's heroine, Merida and the three mischievous bear cubs from the film will meet with guests, who can take archery lessons and participate in other activities while awaiting their turn. The Merida play and greet will replace the Rapunzel and Flynn meet and greet. Rapunzel has currently moved to City Hall on Main Street USA where is is meeting with guests and Flynn Ryder is appearing with her in the afternoon parade.
Liberty Square Riverboat is closed for refurbishment through May 20, 2012.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for extensive refurbishment through May 27, 2012
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Can't wait to get to see the new Fantasyland Expansion on our next trip!! (not one planned though anytime soon boo!)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I heard that they only have ever closed once--when one of those big Hurricanes came through (Charly?). LOL!

I went two weekends ago and nothing was closed. The Dumbo ride moved over to Toontown. And they are working on everything else. It's exciting! I can't wait to see it soon!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, yeah--except for Thunder Mountain. That's been closed for a while, though!

Old 05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We were ar Sea Wrold to see Trace Adkins. It was fairly nice. We were way up in the bleachers though...stlll managed to get tons of good pictures but it sooo crowded and it reeked of beer & sweat. (A smell which makes me nauseous when they mix) Everyone around us though were really nice. We went the next day to see Kenny Rogers and had seat way up front. It was not nearly as crowded as the trace adkkns ckncert but the people around us were not so nice. The onces beside us must have gotten up a dozen times which meant me, my husband and my sister had to get up and joggle all of our belongings and then get back up when they came badk. THe guy behind me was pretty drunk, sang every song very badly and when my husband and I decided to leave everyone got an attitude because (we were in their way....for all of two or three seconds LOL). Well there was tons of construction going on there so I waas a bit disapppinted to see so much under construction during our visit.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

There's always something being refurbed...my resort of choice was being refurbished when we went last December so we chose a different one (and loved it)

I think the Wilderness Lodge is being refurbished next (which is my dream resort at Christmas). There's a website somewhere that lists the closings, refurbs, and construction.

I think WDW is usually pretty good about 'hiding" the construction and keeping the mess out of the way so guests can enjoy their visit

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Can't wait to get to see the new Fantasyland Expansion on our next trip!! (not one planned though anytime soon boo!)
We just booked our next trip for December!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just booked a trip for October although I bet we do a weekend trip before hand. Haven't used my annual pass since February and its feeling very neglected.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMelissa View Post
We just booked a trip for October although I bet we do a weekend trip before hand. Haven't used my annual pass since February and its feeling very neglected.
Oh, but it's already so hot. LOL! We were itching to get our last trip in in April before it got any worse. Disney in the heat is no fun. I don't know how other people put up with it in the summer! I was thrilled when both Pirates and the Haunted Mansion stopped midide so I could get blasted with AC. LOL! If we lived any closer (and if our kids were older), it would so much fun to go after 4:00 when the park is open late... lots of people were coming in while we were leaving and they looked so excited!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
Oh, but it's already so hot. LOL! We were itching to get our last trip in in April before it got any worse. Disney in the heat is no fun. I don't know how other people put up with it in the summer! I was thrilled when both Pirates and the Haunted Mansion stopped midide so I could get blasted with AC. LOL! If we lived any closer (and if our kids were older), it would so much fun to go after 4:00 when the park is open late... lots of people were coming in while we were leaving and they looked so excited!
Oh yeah its been crazy hot here lately. It went from the low 70s every day to upper 90s now. Btw I live just below Sarasota. We're really close. We want to hit up a water park some time since our youngest is 18 months. There was no way I was taking her to a water park when she couldn't walk last year. Disney in the summer isn't that bad. We went two summers ago and as long as we drank lots of water and took breaks to give the kids time to cool down we all enjoyed ourselves. We also take breaks in the afternoon so it helps.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah well, some of us have no choice but to go in the heat -- I'm a teacher so I have to go when I have a break. Tried to tell my dh that was should go early June, but he insisted on last two weeks in June, so I'm just going to make the best of it.

Made sure our resort has a pool bar, too.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Can't wait to see the new Fantasyland! Only 8 or 9 months to wait... We usually go with the whole fam in January or early Feb. It's nice and cool and the lines are shorter.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
Ah well, some of us have no choice but to go in the heat -- I'm a teacher so I have to go when I have a break.
This. In fact, I'm having to do some "creative storytelling" in order to get the time off to go in December.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post

Made sure our resort has a pool bar, too.
Where ya staying?

DH and I talked and if our work situations can line up right we'll head down on our spring break in 2013 woot!! Not gonna get overly excited yet but at least we agreed it would be nice to go!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The park only ever close for major natural causes (hurricanes) or once they reach capacity, which usually only happens around major holiday times.

I am so excited to get to go in 4 weeks! June is definitely not the time of year I would choose to go, but my DH has a conference there and my Brother volunteered to stay with my kids so I could go with him for the week. I will be spending a lot of time indoors and by the pool i think.