Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor Fans!

Anyone else watching this season?

I am finding it SO boring so far. I wasn't excited when they announced the Millenials vs Gen X theme and so far I was right about it.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We are watching it, just like every season.
I do agree, it's a rather boring season. My husband keeps saying how much he can't stand the Millenials and I keep referring to Gen X as the old team with him reminding me that I'm probably older than some of them! That's been the most interesting thing so far--that and Paul's scary scene last week. We are so thankful he wasn't too seriously injured, but it was scary to see. I almost cried!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm 34 and I find the Gen X team to be too curmudgeonly and the Millenials to be too flighty. I hate all the generational stereotypes although I did laugh when the Gen X team said no to the fishing gear request and one Millenial said "if they were our parents they would have said yes." I was thinking, yeah that's kind of the problem right there
Old 10-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I thought that last night too! We had a good laugh, but thought it was sad thinking that children expect their parents to give them everything. But alas, someone said it later in the episode that at the end of the day alliances don't matter, it's winning that million dollars. So to refer to them as their parents, expecting them to give them something due to age difference is silly. I think they forgot they are playing the same game with the same prize.

I'm almost 40, but I don't associate myself with Gen X or Millenial. My 15-year old daughter watched two episodes and got really angry. She said she's tired of being lumped with a "lazy generation" and then went off how she hates stereotypes. I tried to use it as a learning experience to better herself so that people don't automatically think that when they see her. But yeah, it is frustrating to think just because you are in that generation you are lazy and expect the world on a platter vs you are mature and responsible. I know some Gen X people who are lazier than my 3-year old!