Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor 5/8 (SPOILERS!)

Woohoo, only one super-sized episode to go! This has been such a crazy season once we got to the merge.

Thoughts this week: Dawn needs to frickin' STOP CRYING. Good lord woman. She only had the chance to see her family because Brenda won the challenge and then Brenda had to console her after giving up the prize. And then she backstabs her and votes her out!

My first thought when Brenda left TC was "well, there goes the first bitter jury member." I really think if Dawn ends up in a final 3 with Cochran, she doesn't have any chance of winning. Not that she could have beaten Brenda either but I don't think this decision is going to win her any votes and she's likely to be seen as a the scapegoat for backstabbing since she's made more personal relationships with people than Cochran.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

The move to push out Brenda really made me mad. I was sure she would be the one winning!
The voting has been so all over the place and strategic at the same time.... it drives me batty.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Agreed.

I'm worried about Cochran at the next vote though..if he doesn't win immunity I think he'll be out and then honestly I don't think any of the ones left deserve to win. Eric and that other lady that I can't remember her name b/c she's not done anything all season surely don't deserve to win. And Dawn gets on my LAST NERVE. And Eddie has mostly just coasted through the entire game. And I nearly had to mute it during the family member challenge. I get that they're out there that long and it's hard and they're hungry and all and I get it. But as a military wife that goes months and years sometimes without seeing my husband I just kind of felt like punching Dawn so she'd shut up. That's awful isn't it lol..but I mean 29 days?? And it's a game for goodness sake that she CHOSE to play. Get a grip. And then she went back to camp with Brenda and whined and sobbed and probably made Brenda feel like crapola. Yeah she got on my nerves last night.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Trista

Speaking of which.... I was totally thrown off during the reward challenge. Erik and his brother I thought had it in the bag... and then it quit showing clips of them. I was like what happened? Still confused over that one.

happily creating for Darcy Baldwin, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Krystal Hartley, and Studio Basic Designs
Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I get that they're out there that long and it's hard and they're hungry and all and I get it. But as a military wife that goes months and years sometimes without seeing my husband I just kind of felt like punching Dawn so she'd shut up. That's awful isn't it lol..but I mean 29 days?? And it's a game for goodness sake that she CHOSE to play. Get a grip. And then she went back to camp with Brenda and whined and sobbed and probably made Brenda feel like crapola. Yeah she got on my nerves last night.
Haha, YES, there wasn't a whole lot of sympathy going on here either.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Agreed.

I'm worried about Cochran at the next vote though..if he doesn't win immunity I think he'll be out and then honestly I don't think any of the ones left deserve to win. Eric and that other lady that I can't remember her name b/c she's not done anything all season surely don't deserve to win. And Dawn gets on my LAST NERVE. And Eddie has mostly just coasted through the entire game. And I nearly had to mute it during the family member challenge. I get that they're out there that long and it's hard and they're hungry and all and I get it. But as a military wife that goes months and years sometimes without seeing my husband I just kind of felt like punching Dawn so she'd shut up. That's awful isn't it lol..but I mean 29 days?? And it's a game for goodness sake that she CHOSE to play. Get a grip. And then she went back to camp with Brenda and whined and sobbed and probably made Brenda feel like crapola. Yeah she got on my nerves last night.
I don't have high hopes for Cochran winning immunity again but I don't know that I see Dawn voting him out (she's backstabbed a lot of people but would she go THAT far?) and I really don't think Erik, Sherri & Eddie are going to suddenly wise up and make a big move. I don't even know that Eddie knows what's going on most of the time, haha.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know I'm the only one who doesn't hate Dawn. Don't love her either. But I don't really see what she has done as backstabbing. Brenda was put in a bad situation, by the show. It was almost a lose-lose situation. Give the other 4 the reward and they then think she will win for sure and vote her out. Which they did. Don't give it to them, and they are mad. Although I honestly think they would have gotten over THAT without voting her out. But in giving it to the 4, she betrayed Dawn also. Instead of going with her "friend" she played the strategic way. Which doomed her. She needs to take responsibility for that.

I agree they went overboard with the loved ones - Sherri and Dawn were ridiculous. Acting like they hadn't seen them in years or something.

Dawn doesn't have any prayer of winning, IMO. In the Ponderosa videos, the jury is hating her.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This Sunday should be interesting. And the cliff hanger in the preview for the show - I wonder what happens?! Does Eric fall out of a tree? Dawn loose her teeth again?

I'm not sure who I am rooting for. I think Cochran?

Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well all the ones I thought would win (or that I wanted to win) are gone except Cochran and I'm pretty sure he'll be out next.

This season has been great for the shocking tribal councils, but I think we're going to end up with a winner that isn't really a great player. Sad. Maybe I'm still just bitter that Malcolm is gone LOL!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I think Cochran will win and I"ve thought/said that for awhile...Wonder who gets hurt next week? (erik or eddit?)

Dawn though..man I dunno perhaps should have gone with the easy eddie vote last night..why put an enemy on the jury when she could have done it next week without the backlash from Brenda. I don't think it was a very smart move...however glad to see Brenda gone I didn't want her to win lol I really liked the way she played in Nicaragua better than this season...she was too "humble" and in a game of lying and backstabbing she didn't take the chances she might should've done (although in her defense of that it was probably too soon to make big moves...would have waited til after this vote)

Had Eddie gone home Dawn would be guaranteed f3..she could have voted with Cochran/Sherri or Erik/Brenda as I think that's how the lines are drawn....Now she has to hope that Eddie/Erik would want to take her and that Sherri doesn't flip over to be with them instead of her and Cochran

If it comes down to Sherri--Dawn better hope she (Sherri) doesn't grow a brain and figure out they could have 2 fans in the finals if she teams up with Eddie and they go to f3 with Erik. It's pretty much all going to depend on who gets hurt next week i think..such a guessing game

oh I have to say I love how calm and "controlling" Cochran is....he pretty much let Dawn convince herself to vote for Brenda and he knew that would be a hard sell...I loved that he turned her likability against her from the reward (which is true..)....He went all Coach on her without being annoying

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Had Eddie gone home Dawn would be guaranteed f3..she could have voted with Cochran/Sherri or Erik/Brenda as I think that's how the lines are drawn....Now she has to hope that Eddie/Erik would want to take her and that Sherri doesn't flip over to be with them instead of her and Cochran
See this is my thought too. I can see why they'd be concerned with Brenda winning immunity - she basically put a big target on her back the past two immunity challenges by "challenging herself." But I think it would have been smarter to wait one more vote because now if the Fans stop being so stupid, they might realize they could band together with Erik and vote off Dawn or Cochran. If the f3 ends up being Eddie, Sherri & Erik, I'm going to be highly annoyed. Of all the people left, it should be Cochran for the win.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finale Press Release ....

WITH ONE MILLION DOLLARS WITHIN ARM’S REACH, ONE CASTAWAY FALLS VICTIM TO A HEARTBREAKING MEDICAL EMERGENCY, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS VS. FAVORITES," FOLLOWED BY THE LIVE ONE-HOUR REUNION SHOW, SUNDAY, MAY 12

"Last Push” — With the title of Sole Survivor on the line and $1 million within arm’s reach, one castaway falls victim to a heartbreaking medical emergency, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS vs. FAVORITES, followed by the live one-hour reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, Sunday, May 12 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network
Old 05-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really want to see what happens in the finale....its one thing to be taken out of the game on day 7, but day 37?? Ouch. Heartbreaking, exactly!

I am also cheering for Cochran of those who are left...he's the only one left who has played any sort of game. It was huge for him to get Brenda out last night, even though I felt bad for her because she was playing a great game also.