Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny73 View Post
I always, ALWAYS hang toilet paper on the roll so it rolls outward from the top.
This is NOT weird, it's right!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dislike coffee, but love coffee flavored ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, I add nuts, even if it's a flavor that already has some.

I think I have ADD - I had to force myself to finish reading this thread before popping over to the pinterest tab that has 3 new pins! And I find myself doing things like that more and more!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
Heather where are you from cause my MIL says crayon like that in fact almost all my husbands family does and they have mostly lived in Maryland and New Jersey
My DH says crayon like "crown"... he's from Maryland.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a hard time remembering someone's name, unless I get familiar with their face... so pretty much, I have no idea who any of you children are.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
speaking of cake ... I love yellow cake... but I always scrap off the frositng, ewww!
Oh, me too! LOVE yellow cake... when I was preggo, I had a craving so bad for it that I baked a 9x13 and ate it all myself... oh, was my mom mad!! Kiddo loves cake too... coincidence?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the smell of Crayola Crayons. I have a stash of 29 boxes in my office.

Orange Tic Tacs are probably my favorite candy.

I procrastinate a LOT.

I enjoyed kids more before I had my own. Sad but true. I love my kids but I don't enjoy them the same way I enjoyed my friends' kids and my younger cousins before I had my own kids. I attribute it to being younger and more energetic then (and the fact that I could send them home!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post

I hate leaving the house for anything other than going to work. In a perfect world I would only go to work & come home everyday.
Me too. I'm such a homebody. I don't mind so much going out with the family but I hate errands and appointments and all of those silly reasons for leaving the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
I flip my pillow to get to the cool side at least 93583683 times before I fall asleep.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I always put my cart back at the grocery store. I will park farther away from the store so that I can park next to a corral so when I get back to the car, I can unload groceries, put Monkey in her seat, and then put the cart away. I almost scream out loud when I see able-bodied people without children/old people who leave their cart in the space next to them/out in the road/anywhere but in the corral.
This annoys me too. Even when I am completely exhausted I still get my cart to the proper location when I'm finished with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
I have absolutely no sense of direction and get lost a lot. I used to panic, now I just roll with it and discover new places that I will never be able to find again.
No sense of direction here too. As a kid I'd get lost Trick or Treating. I always relied on my friends to get me in the right direction. GPS is my friend. DH just ordered me a new one as he broke our other one by closing it in the door accidentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
I'm a horrible mother, I do not like children's entertainment and will avoid it as much as possible.
I feel that way about some children's entertainment. Parks, for example. I hate going to the park. I don't like sitting and watching my kids play on the equipment. It irritates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
i'm still wondering when i'm going to start feeling like a "real" adult
Me too! An older person told me recently that 'the way you think inside your head as a kid is the way you will always think inside your head, your thoughts don't grow up' it kind of made me wonder if that's why I still feel like a kid most of the time. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Even though I read a lot, I can rarely tell you the title or author of the book I'm reading. I have a terrible memory for music too ... I recognize songs, but don't know the lyrics, artists or titles of the songs either. It's odd, because in general, I have a fairly good memory, but just not for those type of details. Admittedly, I'm not that into music.
I am in to music but I still can't give you much in the way of artist or title a lot of times. I tend to know some but not that many. I can't always remember what I'm reading either.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I sing along to pretty much every song ever made... and dance in the car...and usually will wave at the people staring at me like Im a dancing moron! Occasionally I get a few to dance along in their cars lol
Oh I am a total car dancer too lol

I have to have the volume on an even number or it really bothers me, however numbers ending in 5 are ok...

The song Mr Brightside by the killers makes me irrationally happy and can make any situation better.

I love peanut butter and bacon, together on toast...
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can touch my tongue to my nose. My sister can do it, too, but I don't know anyone else who can. My kids drive themselves crazy trying, but they just didn't get that gene.

I have a terrible memory for names and can't match them to faces. I can only remember 2 of the other mother's names when I drop my DD off at preschool, even though I saw all 8 moms 2 days a week all year long. I'm just as likely to forget people I've known most of my life but haven't thought of in years; me at a school reunion is laughable to watch!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I not only burst into song at random, but it's usually with parody lyrics I make up on the spot. If no one is around, I dance at random too.

I've watched so many Bollywood films I know more Hindi than Spanish even though I took Spanish for 4 years in high school and 2 in college.

Oh, and I didn't know you could *not* unzip a file immediately. I mean seriously, I have always unzipped files as soon as they download. I kinda thought they disappear *poof* into thin air if they aren't unzipped.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like bacon.

I also say Crayon like "crown" and I'm from Texas. I also say drawer like "jore" and wolf like "woof." I'm actually pretty embarrassed about it and very conscious of every time I say those words what people are thinking. Probably because my mother has given me such a hard time about it my whole life.

I like to chew on my nails, but not bite them, while scrapping. Which also means, just my left hand. I'm kicking my self about it though cause my 3 year old has seen me doing this and now she bites her nails...almost constantly. It drives me crazy that her hands are constantly in her mouth!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I have a hard time remembering someone's name, unless I get familiar with their face... so pretty much, I have no idea who any of you children are.
I'll change mine back just for you...

Tomorrow...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't like sun on the back of my neck...so when I wear my bike helmet I stick a bandana on top of my head so it hangs down in back covering my neck. Evidently I look like a real dork (so my DH says), but hey...I'm comfortable! Here's to dorks!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

All my life I've disliked cake, cupcakes, pies, Popsicles and snowcones. And any derivative of them.

I like doing laundry and get annoyed at Michael when he does it because he thinks he's helping me. Grrrr