Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Designers - cancer themed kits?

I know cancer isn't everyone's favourite to scrap or design, but there are so many of us who know of someone who's had cancer, survived cancer or lost the battle against cancer.
I personally would love to see more kits cancer themed kits.
There could be one main kit that has cancer ups and downs, perhaps black & white colours so it fits any type of cancer, then add-ons with the different coloured ribbons for different cancer types.

While we all want to say "f*#k cancer" it can be therapeutic to scrap ones emotions.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I’d have to agree with this. My Mom is currently battling breast cancer and although it’s a tough road, when we talk about documenting memories we have to take the bad as well as the good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2019, 02:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree. I lost my mom to cancer 21 years ago this June. I've also participated in several fundraisers for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and it would be therapeutic to be able to scrap some of those really difficult moments. Maybe. I don't know. I hate cancer.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know Kristin CB doesn't like sad kits, but I would be so over the moon if she and Flergs did them as a part of the "Scrap your stories" series.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I thought there were a few more products in the store, but this is what I found doing a quick search

I don't think this one references cancer in its elements, but has the survivor/fighter theme

I thought there were a couple more, but I can't find them. It could be my medicine confusing me, but I thought there was one with more attitude towards cancer.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I thought there were a few more products in the store, but this is what I found doing a quick search

I don't think this one references cancer in its elements, but has the survivor/fighter theme

I thought there were a couple more, but I can't find them. It could be my medicine confusing me, but I thought there was one with more attitude towards cancer.
I too though there were more, perhaps they've been removed as for being too old or something.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great kit ideas, Wendy. Thank you!

I lost my aunt 13 years ago to breast cancer, and a dear friend several years ago to lung cancer.

A Scrap Your Stories kit sounds like a fabulous idea, Christine!!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

As a cancer survivor, I know exactly what you ladies are talking about. Those are some of the hardest days of our lives, but they are part of our lives. Having just lost my mom to dementia, I've been thinking about a dementia/Alzheimer's kit when I get to the place I can tackle it without a lot of tears. I have a friend who is dealing with this awful disease, cancer, now who had asked my about my old "Fight Like A Girl" kit, but I was going to talk to her to see if she would like me to create a new kit instead. If so, I will be sure to put it in the shop as well.

On a different note, In the past I did a kit on diabetes, also for a friend, so if anyone would like that one, let me know. I would be happy to post it again.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost my mom to cancer 22 years ago. I don’t think I’d scrap about it now though. Is scrap more memories of her I totally understand wanting to scrap the battle and struggles.
Thanks for sharing those kits Wendy. I might need to get Fighter to scrap my son’s milestone of removing his feeding tube after 14 years. I was just wondering what kind of kit I’d use to scrap that victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I will talk to flergs <3

would something like scrap your stories: hard times work? to cover not only cancer but just struggles? we could probably do an add on with ribbons I'd have to look into the copyrights on those because I'm not sure how they can all be used
Old 03-02-2019, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
As a cancer survivor, I know exactly what you ladies are talking about. Those are some of the hardest days of our lives, but they are part of our lives. Having just lost my mom to dementia, I've been thinking about a dementia/Alzheimer's kit when I get to the place I can tackle it without a lot of tears. I have a friend who is dealing with this awful disease, cancer, now who had asked my about my old "Fight Like A Girl" kit, but I was going to talk to her to see if she would like me to create a new kit instead. If so, I will be sure to put it in the shop as well.

On a different note, In the past I did a kit on diabetes, also for a friend, so if anyone would like that one, let me know. I would be happy to post it again.
I'd love the diabetes one!

Old 03-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I'd love the diabetes one!
Let me get it "spruced" up, it has been a few years since I did it, and I will get it loaded as soon as I can.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I will talk to flergs <3

would something like scrap your stories: hard times work? to cover not only cancer but just struggles? we could probably do an add on with ribbons I'd have to look into the copyrights on those because I'm not sure how they can all be used
This almost made me cry when I read it. I hope you can make it!
And yes, a hard times kit would be even better. We all have things we need to go through in life and not all of them are good, sadly. And I am sure everyone can help brainstorm if needed. I'm in if you guys need some input.

Thank you <3
Old 03-03-2019, 12:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom, Lorie. We lost my Grandma to dementia, my mom's husband & my uncle to Alzheimer's. I would love a kit to use to scrap these memories.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I will talk to flergs <3

Scrap Your Stories: Hard Times sounds like an awesome kit. I love this idea.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

There used to be a kit specifically for breast cancer but I can't remember who did it. I want to say it was a Krystal Hartley kit.

I would LOVE a kit about cancer/diabetes/Alzheimer/dementia/hard times and illnesses. And I think a KCB/Flergs Scrap Your Stories kit would be perfect. You could even do a main kit and then maybe 1 or 2 add on mini kits or something. <3
Old 03-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Quote:
I will talk to flergs <3

What about just making a ribbon template that you could clip papers to and make whatever ribbon you need?
Old 03-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
There used to be a kit specifically for breast cancer but I can't remember who did it. I want to say it was a Krystal Hartley kit.

I would LOVE a kit about cancer/diabetes/Alzheimer/dementia/hard times and illnesses. And I think a KCB/Flergs Scrap Your Stories kit would be perfect. You could even do a main kit and then maybe 1 or 2 add on mini kits or something. <3
I have it in my stash. It was called "Treasured chests" and by Krystal Hartley and Melissa Bennett.