Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney on my brain, re memory keeping while there

We are planning a trip to Disneyland in October thanks to a convention that my dh has to go to. I get really into the planning and research since it's not something we get to do that often. I just looked at Miss Kim's project life style album and Kiera's Make a Wish album which got me even more excited about the trip. I actually completed an album of my 2009 Disney trip earlier this year, but on this trip I would like to do a better job of journaling about the trip as I go. Has anyone seen a list of questions to ask each day or have any ideas about doing this. I hate to carry something large into the parks since most of the time it will be just me and my 6 year old.I thought if I brought some sort of journal in I could write in it while waiting for things, though I'm not sure how practical that is. I just really want to do a better job recording memories as I go and thought y'all might have some ideas or might have seen something that would help with this.

I think I'm also going to have to get ds some sort of autograph book this time. On the other trips we've taken he's been too young to care about the autographs and I didn't push it. I thought I might just use Julie's quick page autograph book, have it printed up and have the characters sign it, then print the photos after the trip with the characters and adhere them to that. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated too.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you have an iPhone? I highly recommend the app Momento. You can have it download your Facebook feed, your twitter, your flickr, etc... Plus, you can easily add a quick note each day. Then when you go home, you can look back and it's all organized.

I use this a lot for my Project Life pages. It helps me remember what happened each day.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

When are you going in October? We're going over Halloween!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Marla, that's a good idea. I have an android phone so I bet there is something compatible.

Traci, we will get there late on the 24th and we leave on the 28th. I think we are going to do the Halloween party on the 26th. We're doing a shorter trip this year since Caleb is in school. He'll miss 2 days, but that shouldn't be a big deal. How long will y'all be there?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'd use a phone app so you can type things here or there while in the parks. I would however do an email to yourself or word document at night if you are taking a laptop (suggesting email so you can copy/paste your journaling) or write in a journal every evening to recap the day.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

awwww we're doing the 28th-3rd!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

While I haven't done Disney with kiddos I have done a 25 day road trip... I kept a notebook with me (phone might be better for Disney) and wrote down everything throughout the day. Then each evening I'd type up my journaling from my notes. That way (like Meg mentioned) I just had to copy and paste it onto my layouts. It was nice to have that done when it came time to build all those pages!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Love the Momento app (thanks Marla)

When we went to Disney, I forgot all about keeping notes on my phone during the day. I just saved a few notes in Notepad on the laptop in a folder with the trip photos.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the tips ladies. I found a list of journal prompts in the back of one of my old passporters that I think I'll try to use too. It's just a matter of making myself ask and answer these questions each night. If anyone is interested here they are:
The best thing today was...
The worst thing today was...
The funniest thing today was...
Today we tried...
The most magical moment today was...

As for the autograph book, I think I'll get Julie's quick page autograph kit and print the signature side, maybe make a few more, and get the characters to sign those. Then when we get home, I can use the other side to put the photo of Caleb with the character and he'll have a little brag book he can show his friends. I just need to figure out what to put the pages in at the park.

Tags
disney