Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Coffee Makers

Anyone have one they really like and can talk me into buying? We do not own one and now my hubby is saying he wants one instead of going and getting coffees at the gas station before work.

I just don't want to end up with a piece of junk.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

We have a Bunn and I it. It makes a whole pot in about 3-4 minutes. And they last forever.

If you want a single cup coffee pot, I have heard the Keurig's are fabulous!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 11-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree with the Bunn....I have my grandfather's Bunn and it still works like new! A 3-minute pot of coffee is awesome!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have this one and I love love love it. I LOVE that my coffee never sits on a burner and it brews super fast because it has a hot water reservoir.

I'm buying one for my son's preschool for Christmas so they can have awesome coffee, too.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:31 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

don't they all do the same thing? steamy hot water.. drippy coffee.. presto? lol .. why do you need a fancy shmancy one (I don't drnk coffee... I have no idea )
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a Keurig and I LOVE it. I actually got my hubby one for his office for Christmas

Last edited by gracielou; 11-28-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We have this Cuisenart: http://www.cuisinart.com/products/co...tc-975bkn.html

We wanted a thermal carafe because a) there's no burner, so it won't scorch your coffee if you leave in on all morning and keep drinking from it, but it keeps the coffee hot all day long, and b) there's no burner, so I wasn't as worried about accidentally leaving it plugged in and burning the house down.

proud to create for:
libby pritchett, the lilypad, nikki beaudreau
& one little bird designs
Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

we have a cheapo one from walmart. I dont drink coffee but bought it for making tea quickly which works great for that and have had it for a few years now. I think we paid 10 dollars for it new

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I have a Keurig too and LOVE it!!! One cup at a time and it's quick!

Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Cuisinart, too. Mine is similar to this one. I have had my model for a few years, so this is a newer model (I have had it for about 3 years now). I did a lot of research before I bought my last coffee maker. I wanted one that made at least 12 cups of coffee... with numerous people drinking coffee in our household I don't want to have to make multiple pots of coffee each morning. This specific model makes 14 cups of coffee. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything else. When I am in the market for a new coffee maker I will buying another Cuisinart.

I bought mine through Amazon. The image below is linked. I think the price is reasonable. Of course it is more than a Mr. Coffee you can get at Target, but it is under $100 (this one has a rebate that brings it to $76... which is great deal IMO). Read the feedback left on this specific coffee maker. It has fabulous reviews. It almost makes me want to get this new model.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you want just like 1 cup at a time - go for a Kuerig! You can get them at Costco with a bunch of sample K-cups (the individual brew cups). My sister & her DH got one and when DH and I were visiting them we fell it love with it (yes, we really did fall in LOVE with a coffee maker!!!).

For me, I don't drink a lot of coffee. So making a whole pot is a HUGE waste because I only drink like one cup of it. The Kuerig brews just one cup at a time, so it would be perfect for us. And its fast. It only takes like 15-20 seconds for it to make a cup.

We just got some gift money from my Grandma, and the Keurig is on our list!!!

Huge fan of:

Old 11-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Another vote for the Kuerig! We have one and I love it!

Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
If you want just like 1 cup at a time - go for a Kuerig! You can get them at Costco with a bunch of sample K-cups (the individual brew cups). My sister & her DH got one and when DH and I were visiting them we fell it love with it (yes, we really did fall in LOVE with a coffee maker!!!).

For me, I don't drink a lot of coffee. So making a whole pot is a HUGE waste because I only drink like one cup of it. The Kuerig brews just one cup at a time, so it would be perfect for us. And its fast. It only takes like 15-20 seconds for it to make a cup.

We just got some gift money from my Grandma, and the Keurig is on our list!!!

This is exactly why we bought ours. We had a regular coffee pot and found that we were throwing out over half the pot each time. No more of that problem with the Keurig. I also love flavored coffee and teas and there is so much variety with the Keurig. It even makes hot chocolate. We have no more wasted coffee because we can brew 3 different size cups so we get exactly the amount we want.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we just got a Mr Coffee one with a thermal carafe. its on ly a ten cup though. couldn't find a bigger one. DH and i both drink A LOT of coffee. we eventually want a Bunn. but we are having issues with our water softener and need a new one. its not working and we have gone through a lot of coffee pots. i think the water is clogging them up. our well water is VERY hard. i hate it.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

We have a Keurig at work and I love it. I make hot chocolate in it.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

another keurig lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I have a Keurig too and LOVE it!!! One cup at a time and it's quick!

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 11-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a cuisinart which we like. It has a timer and a grinder, so you can load it up with beans the night before, then it does it's ready in the morning when we get up.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs2a50 View Post
We have this Cuisenart: http://www.cuisinart.com/products/co...tc-975bkn.html

We wanted a thermal carafe because a) there's no burner, so it won't scorch your coffee if you leave in on all morning and keep drinking from it, but it keeps the coffee hot all day long, and b) there's no burner, so I wasn't as worried about accidentally leaving it plugged in and burning the house down.
OMG! I thought we were the only ones madly in love with our coffee maker!! LOL We have the EXACT same one!

We had our for 3.5 years and it just died on us on Nov. 11th. We ordered the exact same one from Amazon.com ($100) and just picked it up last weekend. We love it. Keeps our coffee HOT for like 14 hours. Seriously.
Our only wish is that it came with a bigger carafe - when DH and I are both home, 12 cups just doesn't cut it.

We LOVE this coffee maker.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, we went with the Keurig B60!!! We have had it a total of 24 hours and I'm already in love with it! Funny, huh? I'm like La and thought, what's the big 'ol deal about coffee makers. But the hubby was pushing this one since he is the coffee drinker and he asked me to do some research. So, thanks for the recommendations. I love how fast it is and how you can just get plain water and that you can put your own coffee and/or tea in or use the K Cups. WOW, so far we are very impressed!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmmm...interesting. I may have to go with the Keurig when our current coffeemaker is up for replacement. DH only drinks one cup of coffee on days he hits the gym and 4 or 5 cups on non workout days so, I am thinking this Keurig will be a good idea for him since the 1 cup days are more often than not. I hate trying to make only 2 cups of coffee with an 12 cup coffeemaker. Seems like such a waste as there is always too much left over. This Keurig will prevent waste! Yay!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, we are normally one cup a day, but even if you weren't or even if you had company over. It makes each cup so quickly, it's unreal! We fell in love fast! And the fact that it does more than just coffee is awesome! I'm sick right now so I have been drinking a lot of tea and this is so much faster than zapping a cup of water in the microwave and better tasting.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay for Keurig! we love ours too. DH thinks the coffee I like is too strong and I think the coffee he likes is too watery so the K cups are great for us. I have K cups shipped to us automatically from GreenMountain.com. Not good to run out of coffee.

I think the thing I like best though is that with the K cups the coffee doesn't get stale. That was one of my peeves with regular ground coffee. Once it got ground it started losing freshness fast no matter how I stored it.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm obsesed with my Keurig Jordan doesn't drink coffee, and the coffe at work is miserable. Now I can make my cup in a travel mug, and I'm set (I only drink 1 cup a day, if that). On the weekends I usually "refresh" my mug with a small cup using hte same k-cup. Gets it nice and hot again and I don't have to use another k-cup!

I did register for a big Cuisinart for when we have company though, just in case.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Long, long time ago we threw our coffee maker away and started using a coffee press as the taste of the coffee was in our opinion better than that of the coffee mashines. Disadvantage is, that it gets cold fast if you don't poor it into a thermo. Usually we had some coffee left over and I didn't like the coffee grind that would get in there with the last cup. So we through away quite a bit of coffee. About two years ago I bought this beauty, the older model though. We are so happy with this mashine, it grinds fresh, you can get 3 different sizes, you can change the settings how strong you want your coffee. The taste is a delight and as good as coffee shop coffee but less expensive. Sure the price is uhm... well, a shocker but I promise, it is worth the money and I think we definately got our money back

my blog
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I'm so glad to see this thread. We ordered this one from QVC yesterday as it was the Today's Special Value. They'd been promoting it for a couple days before so I read up on it before deciding to get it.
I'm really excited about gettting it. Being able to make your own coffee, choose your size and making just one at a time so quickly was so appealing I wanted to try it,lol.
Meems, what are your favorites from Green Mountain? In fact, Keurig owners, what kind of coffees are your faves?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now I'm intrigued by the Keurig. How easy is it to clean if you use a K-cup? The only thing I don't like about the Cuisinart is cleaning the various parts that get coffee grounds on them each time you make coffee (the grinder and filter basket).
Old 11-30-2009, 08:01 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Now I'm intrigued by the Keurig. How easy is it to clean if you use a K-cup? The only thing I don't like about the Cuisinart is cleaning the various parts that get coffee grounds on them each time you make coffee (the grinder and filter basket).
There is NO cleaning involved!! Unless you want to use the filter's that let you use whatever coffee you want (like say you really like a certain type of beans, you can grind them yourself and make a little k-cup out of it). But I don't do that cuz there are 48392083492 kinds of flavors out there, lol.

You put the k-cup in, you close the lid, it punctures it twice, makes your coffee, and you pull the whole little cup out and throw it away. The mug sits on a tray that has a lid with slots in it, so if there's overflow it goes in there (the tray can hold 8oz). And you can put both those pieces in the dishwasher.

EASY PEASY!!! (Yes, sorry, I love my Keurig.)

Lemme go look at my favorites. I forget which brand is which
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 PM

profile gallery send pm

I always have on hand:
Gloria Jean's Hazelnut
Tullys Kona Blend
Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend and Breakfast Blend
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
I always have on hand:
Gloria Jean's Hazelnut
Tullys Kona Blend
Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend and Breakfast Blend
My hubby loves the Tullys Kona Blend. I have been drinking the Cafe mocha lately with the seasonal peppermint mocha creamer they have out right now and it's the closest thing I have found to Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha! It's so yummy!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My fave is Green Mountain Coffee Dark Magic Extra Bold. For hubby I get Newman's Own Special Decaf -- I like that one b/c it is water process decaffeinated.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Am I weird that I don't like flavored COFFEE only flavored CREAMER?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

We do all kinds of crazy coffee stuff. We 3 french presses, one of those Pod type coffee makers the brand I believe is Senseo and then we have a Bialetti Moka Express Italian stove top espresso maker. When I was drinking coffee I loved to make myself a nice hazelnut mocha in the morning!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a $40 Mr Coffee coffeemaker, and it's lasted us a few years. I'm not all into fancy (or expensive) coffeemakers. The first one I bought (years ago) I got for $4 at a Black Friday sale- it was a no-name brand and very flimsy and cheap but it still lasted us a few years! lol! I'm cheap like that! hahaha!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As far as cleaning goes...there's none involved really! So far all I have done was rinsed my mesh filter that we put our loose coffee/tea in.

We don't have a favorites list yet. Ours came with a 12 K-Cup sampler plus he bought a box of hot chocolate k cups. He did say that one called Timothy's World Nicaraguan Fair Trade Coffee or something like that was really good. I haven't asked him about any of the others yet. I'll have to start jotting them down when we like them.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Brooke, that's AWESOME!!! What a good deal!! You are going to LOVE IT!