Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default All those photos....

I take hundreds of photos a month, and even though I try to be "ruthless" about deleting extra/unnecessary photos, I still end up with ~200 photos a month. And if there was any sort of special event or vacation, that number is much much higher!
I scrap things when I can, but I feel bad about all of those other cute photos of my kids that are just languishing on my computer. I have grand visions of making yearly photo books with all of our photos (with 16 or 25 photos per page) mixed in with my scrapbook pages. But that would be really time-consuming. Plus, I'm behind in processing all of my RAW photos, but that is a whole other post....

What do others do with their photos? Does anyone do traditional photo albums? Photo books? Slideshows? Online sharing? Just not worried about them? I'm interested to know!

Ramya
Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do wat you want to scrap one fantastic page and make 2-3 multiphoto pages to go with it . And the rest well it is just standing on my computer
a few years ago i printed everything but i still have a large box full of photos where whe never look at and that i never putt in a album
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've thought about doing what you said and just doing very simple pages with them, but like you said, it's very time consuming. I did a Disney album a few months ago where I used almost all of the photos and a simple template. I started out keeping the pages simple, but then got bored with that and ended up embellishing the pages and my simple album turned into a huge project that took months to complete.
I've also thought about doing photo books for all my pictures, but that is also time consuming and expensive. For now, I just upload all of my pictures to Shutterfly to share with family. I like Shutterfly because they provide a space for you to journal. This also comes in very handy when I do go back to scrap something. I just need to be more faithful about journaling!
I'm taking a really interesting class right now called Finding Your Photo Flow. It doesn't discuss all the issues that you brought up, but it does talk about keywording your photos so that you have the ability to find the pictures that you are looking for quickly and easily.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap my fave photos and the ones attached to special events/memories. The rest usually end up in my blog books, unscrapped, but still printed and documented.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've struggled with this for years. I've printed a few photo-only pages (six 4x6's per page) mixed in with my scrap pages, but I'm not that enthusiastic about them. But recently I've started thinking about how many photos my family really needs in a printed format. I scrap 100-150 scrapbook pages a year, and the majority of them have 3 to 6 photos on them. I've decided that as long as I make sure the few best photos and most important memories from each month get scrapped, no one but me is going to care about all the others that remain unscrapped and just on the computer. In fact, I don't think my family would even want to look through a book of thousands of photos from a single year, especially if I was cramming tiny photos onto every page just to get them all on. So my decision for this year was to be better about making sure those must-scrap photos and events get into the albums (I won't tell you how many unscrapped birthday photos are waiting for me) and letting the rest just stay on my computer organized in a way that I could find them if I wanted to.

ETA: I should add that if I scrapped less, I'd probably do some clean/graphic style photo books with the most important and best photos, but still not try to do all of them.

Last edited by rach3975; 05-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought a bunch of project life page protectors, with the intention of printing all (well, all the good ones) the photos I don't get around to scrapping, and using those inserts to just have photos and journalling cards mixed in throughout my scrapbooks. I've had them for months and so far haven't done a single page! But I did just order a bunch of free prints I got when I signed up for shutterfly so we'll see how it goes when I get them back.

If I had more time to scrap, I would just do as Rachel said- just scrap the best from each month and call it done.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I share pics on my blog, but honestly, most of the pics that make it on my blog also get scrapped. This year, I am putting my printed layouts in a binder and mixing in some Project Life. I have been happy so far with the flexibility it gives me. I don't feel obligated to scrap every single photo, and it has made it easier to include some random photos that I didn't know what to do with before.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrap my best ones and leave it at that. My 4 yr old has 4 books printed, and albums take a lot of space. I hate clutter so I don't want to have albums all over the place I also go back and scrap different photos that fit the kit I get so I also want to avoid printing the same photos several times.

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 05-09-2012, 04:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I know what you mean!! For me, that is why I love the project life/P365... at least for the year the best photos and the story is told... and the other layouts that I do with the other photos are just icing on the cake.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all of the great responses! Gave me lots to think about!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I scrap what I can but I haven't printed a picture since Xmas of 2007 except for maybe some special vacations such as Vegas, Disney and a wedding....