Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default Harry Potter 7.2 - SPOILERS INSIDE

Before you read, understand that there are spoilers about the books and movies - if you read further, and don't want to know - it's your own fault

So - let's dish - what did you think about the movie?

I was sad Kreacher never got his shot at redemption, and was glad Snape was 'better' in the movie than the books. I wish Voldemort's death scene had been more like winning the Quidditch Cup nstead of so quiet. I wish I hadn't seen Harry and Ron without a shirt (the teenage girls next to me overreacted and ruined that particular scene). I love Neville, Molly and McGonagal!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

loved molly, neville, and mcgonagal
agreed about kreacher and the shirt.
i laughed a couple times when no one else did. i also clapped when no one else did. LOL
i actually loved the way voldemort melted into ashes it was cool.
i wish that when harry walked into the room at the end that more acknowledged him.
otherwise i really enjoyed it. we saw it in 3d but it wasn't very 3Dish and really not worth the extra cost - the time was better for us though.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok...so I agree, I was glad that Snape was "better" in the movie. I didn't care too much about Kreacher...I don't really agree that Voldemort's death should have been a party type thing...although he was dead, there was a lot lost in the battle. But that's just me...

things that struck a chord in me...I was sad to see Lavender dead, even though she was annoying. I will admit, I cried...I cried when Ron found out about his brother, and I cried when Harry was going to the Forbidden Forest and Hermione blurted out "I'll go with you" without hesitation. I've always said, there was nothing romantic between them, but Harry and Hermione were ALWAYS the best friends...

Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I don't mean a party atmosphere, so much. But after years and years and years of fighting this 'man', his death was almost a letdown..and it made the losses..

I don't know how to explain it. I'd think they would be much happier that it was over...that they won...that they defeated him and saved the school and mankind...and then mourn the losses. Not to celebrate in death, but less complacent? Shock, I'm sure. I just felt a little let down, I guess.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I get what you're saying...kind of a "release" of sorts...

Oh, and I secretly loved the somewhat "redemption" of the Malfoys...I found that satisfying (same with the books, too)

Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aaron, I loved the redemption too. And even after having read book seven 4 or 5 times, I didn't realize until the movie that Harry's merciful act of saving Draco ended up saving both of them.

I loved how excited McGonegal was to use all sorts of magic to protect the castle. She's one of my favorites!

I was totally expecting the Voldemort death scene to be on top of the long tables in the Great Hall, surrounded by the crowds, with just a stunned, wide-eyed silence following.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved the movie

I actually liked that in the end it was Harry-Voldemort with no audience or whatever, but yes I was thinking Harry would walk into the Great Hall and everyone would erupt in cheers or something.

I wish the duel between Molly and Bellatrix was a wee bit longer.

I bawled during the whole scene of the three before Harry went into the forest.

I loved that we saw how Hermione killed the Horcrux (and the insertion of the kiss). Though I did wish I could've heard Dan Radcliffe say the Harry line, "Is this the moment?"

I cried when I saw Tonks and Remus, but I wished they'd shown the whole exchange of Fred and George and Percy before that big explosion and the death. (but then I realize that would just lengthen the movie soooo much)

I got goosebumps when Ginny screamed when she realized Harry was dead.

I loved Neville--totally kicked @ss, he did And McGonagall saying in glee that she always wanted to do that spell

Oh, and I LOVED Snape. Alan Rickman just KILLED with those scenes. Actually the scene where the snake kills him just freaked me out because you couldn't see anything.

I thought it was bizarre that Voldemort hugged Draco Malfoy. WTH?

Last edited by mrshobbes; 07-17-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bawled like a freakin baby to most of it. LOL!! I loved Mom Weasly and what she said to Bellatrix! Literally LOL'd at that part. I never read the books so the movie was a surprise to me, especially about Snape. I cried (again) when he was holding Lily. I loved this movie and I think I need to go see it again.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I kind of wish I hadn't opened this thread since I don't really want to nit-pick the movie, but here are my thoughts...

We saw Part 1 & Part 2 together and I LOVED it. Part 2 was in 3D and I thought it added a ton of visual dimension to their world. I was worried I wouldn't like it but it was so much more immersive than Part 1 thanks to the 3D.

I've only read book 7 once, right when it came out, so I didn't remember as much from the book like you guys, haha. Of all the books this was the one I had the hardest time visualizing so I loved seeing it all come together in the movie. I really liked how they grouped all of Snape's history together since it's spread out through out the book.

I know Adam mentioned he didn't really like how Voldemort evaporated into ashes but I thought it seemed fitting since by that point, he was really just a shell of a man. Plus I thought it looked really neat with the 3D.

I thought their reaction to his death was rather appropriate. I don't think you'd celebrate in that situation, not with so many losses right before. It's more bittersweet than anything else.

Loved Neville. He was awesome in this movie.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

The place that hubby and I both teared up (that was surprising) was when the teachers all stood in the courtyard and started casting the protective spells around their beloved Hogwarts, it was so unifying and touching.

Bawled like a baby when Harry collected Snape's tears and when Snape held Lily after she died.

Cheered (outloud) at Mrs. Weasley! Couldn't hold it in!

LOVED, loved, loved that we got to see the gang grown up and the next generation. Hubby and I have been talking about different parts on and off for days and I can't wait to own it.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm. First off, I loved the movie - I loved seeing the conclusion of something that I've read and watched for years. That being said, there were some things that bugged me . . .

I missed seeing the relationship between Draco and Harry progress through the movie like it did in the book. Yes, Harry saves him and Draco survives, but I missed the Malfoy's being in the Great Hall at the end like they were in the book. I didn't like that he went over to his parents and Voldemort *hugged* him?!?!?

I wanted Neville to get to kill the snake in front of everyone like in the book.

I would have liked to see more of the interior battle in the castle - all of the people coming through the tunnel into the castle, and I missed the storyline of Percy also.

I really did love how they handled Snape's history with Lily though.

And I cried too. LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

didn't like the epilogue, didn't like it in the book either.
Neville/Luna, it was one line and all things considered, there was no need to include it.
Missed the Percy storyline, but since that was left out of the other movies there was probably no point in includin it now.
I also expected more from the room of requirement scene.

I thought Alan Rickman's performance was brilliant. I thought the emotion of Snape's last moments came through so much stronger than in the book.
I loved McGonagall's little excitement at having to do that spell.
I also felt that the scene where the teachers and the order were putting up the protection charms was poignant.

I loved the BOOM scene with Neville and McGonagall. Especially "Ask Mr Finnagan. He had a certain propensity for pyro technics."

The deaths of the bigger characters were handled really well. Hermoine's reaction to realising that Harry was going to the Forest to die. Ginny's reaction to Harry's death.
"Not my daughter, you ?????" my favourite from the second part of the book. Neville's stand almost had me in tears. The Kiss.

All in all I had such high expectations of this movie that it was virtually impossible to exceed that but Allan Rickman and Maggie Smith did just that. Overall I was not disappointed. And I cannot wait to get the DVD.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I haven't seen the movie yet, but boy, just reading your reactions has made me tear up. How pathetic is that? I think I'm going to read the book again, so much I don't remember since I only read it once when it was released. We'll probably see it next week, when it comes to base. Although going to see it in town would be fun, it's just so dang expensive. (Might still, as I'd love to see how the Japanese react. Seeing Tatanic in an Italian theater is one of my best movie going experiences.)
Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Loved the movie! I think I cried at weird places, too, Roanna. When Harry stepped out of the crowd in the Great Hall, then when McGonnagal stepped in front of Harry. The scene where the teachers put on the protective enchantments was super cool. The memory scenes with Snape and Lily where incredible. Totally balled.

I just loved it. As much of a reader as I am, I'm very careful to keep the movies and books separate, especially for this series! I think they did the book justice (though it will always be better) and I'm sorry to see an end to it.