Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default So annoyed

It's my least favorite part of the day - getting the kids to stay in bed and go to sleep. Put Blake down at 8 and he's finally asleep. Landon is playing in his crib but won't let me leave his sight. So I'm sitting in the hallway. And what's my husband doing? Oh watching baseball and doing his draft. Love all the help. Yes I am extremely annoyed tonight.

Anyone else have anything to add that's irritating them?

Last edited by eranslow; 08-30-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son has been getting in trouble at school. It's been 4 days and he has gotten in trouble every single day. I have no idea what to say to him at this point to get him to behave. He doesn't act this way outside of school, so I do not know how to fix it. I hate that now people at his school will think he's some sort of problem child.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:17 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My oldest was asking me all day to watch a movie on my iPad. The kids don't usually have access to my iPad, so it's kind of a special treat when I let them use it for a little while.

Thinking that I would watch his behavior and award him with a movie on my iPad, I told him I would think about it and asked him not to bring it up anymore. Of course, he just can't do it. By the time I got him in bed, I was sooo frustrated and he didn't get any time on my iPad.

He does this with a lot of things, and it just sucks the joy out of doing anything nice for him. I wanted to reward his good behavior with something fun. But, since he was badgering me about it and asking so often, if I let him do it, it would seem like I only gave in because he bugged me over and over. Ugh! He does this with soo many things . . . movies, eating out, playing with friends, visiting family, etc. I just wish I could do something fun without being harangued into it by him. I'm not sure that even makes sense, but I'm irritated and not thinking clearly.

Oh - and HUGS to everyone who's irritated tonight.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Mari - I'm sorry Nicholas is having a hard week. I hope you can figure out the reason and help him. Hugs!

Lydia - I can so relate! Blake does the same thing. Drives me bananas! Hugs!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
My oldest was asking me all day to watch a movie on my iPad. The kids don't usually have access to my iPad, so it's kind of a special treat when I let them use it for a little while.

Thinking that I would watch his behavior and award him with a movie on my iPad, I told him I would think about it and asked him not to bring it up anymore. Of course, he just can't do it. By the time I got him in bed, I was sooo frustrated and he didn't get any time on my iPad.

He does this with a lot of things, and it just sucks the joy out of doing anything nice for him. I wanted to reward his good behavior with something fun. But, since he was badgering me about it and asking so often, if I let him do it, it would seem like I only gave in because he bugged me over and over. Ugh! He does this with soo many things . . . movies, eating out, playing with friends, visiting family, etc. I just wish I could do something fun without being harangued into it by him. I'm not sure that even makes sense, but I'm irritated and not thinking clearly.

Oh - and HUGS to everyone who's irritated tonight.
Um yeah. I totally get it. I let DS play on the Kindle during DD's nap time, but I want him to do quiet reading time first. If he starts bugging me about when he gets to play with the Kindle I say "it's my kindle, not yours, so it's on my terms. Don't ask again or you don't get to play." Which is really punishment for me if he doesn't get to play because it's the only time I have to myself all day.

And I'm totally with you about kids' sleep, Erin. I hate nap time and bed time. I hear all these amazing things that you can do during both, but the whole process is too exhausting/frustrating that I'm never in the mood for anything when they finally foot sleep. Worst lie of parenthood ever.

Last edited by glumirk; 08-30-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thankfully, today, very little is annoying me. But yesterday?? OH YES. Yesterday was the pits. haha... I needed to look in Grace's throat to see her tonsils because her breath was like WOAH and she was telling me she had a sore throat. But, would she let me look in her throat??? Oh HELL NO. Kicking & screaming and no type of threat or punishment was getting through to her. She held firm all day yesterday and until this morning. Of course, by this morning she pretty much had all of her toys taken away. I am JUST as stubborn as she is!!! LOL!

But there's nothing worse than being the 'mean' parent. Parenting is tough. I'm just trying to take good care of her. I cried like a baby last night because it seems so silly... looking in her throat... but some battles just have to be won. For me, when it comes to Mommy & Daddy taking care of your health & well being... we win that battle.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eranslow View Post
It's my least favorite part of the day - getting the kids to stay in bed and go to sleep. Put Blake down at 8 and he's finally asleep. Landon is playing in his crib but won't let me leave his sight. So I'm sitting in the hallway. And what's my husband doing? Oh watching baseball and doing his draft. Love all the help. Yes I am extremely annoyed tonight.
Lots of hugs and sympathy! That was the absolute worst thing about having littles for me! I felt like I never had time for myself; most of my scrapping was done on my laptop while sitting up with the kids at night. DH seemed to think that after their official bedtime his night was his own, and because *someone* still had to parent I was stuck dealing with anyone who didn't fall asleep, woke up during the night, etc. (And I dealt with a lot of night wakings because Ben has Smith-Magenis Syndrome, part of which is a sleep disorder that causes kids to wake often. Don't even ask about his first 2 years, then it was 3 long wakings a night until he was almost 4. He finally started sleeping through the night after his tonsils and adenoids were removed at 5 1/2.) Looking back, it sometimes still surprises me that DH and I came through that phase of their childhood with our marriage intact.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish I had my laptop with me - but the husband is using it along with his own laptop for his draft. So here I sit with my phone playing solitaire. Ugh. I need to get over it. But on a good note - I think Landon is finally sleeping so I can leave the hallway! Yay!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I remember these days... and not really so fondly. I will say that my daughter was never a very good sleeper even as a baby and she still really only needs 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Pretty helpful for a college student though.

Sorry you're irritated tonight.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This happened earlier in the week but I think it's worth sharing... DD comes into the kitchen and I see she has wet her pants. Needless to say, I'm not happy. She just turned five, its not like she's new to potty training, lol. Anyway, I leave the kitchen and realize the floor in the living room is wet. I look down the hallway and see that there is literally a puddle of pee on the carpet in my room. She made it about ten feet from the bathroom, peed on my floor, then walked between there and the kitchen twice. So, there are literally 40 or so "pee prints" on my floor. Then, I go to put her in the shower and realize I can't because one of the kids has locked and then closed the door behind them! How's that for annoyed?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
This happened earlier in the week but I think it's worth sharing... DD comes into the kitchen and I see she has wet her pants. Needless to say, I'm not happy. She just turned five, its not like she's new to potty training, lol. Anyway, I leave the kitchen and realize the floor in the living room is wet. I look down the hallway and see that there is literally a puddle of pee on the carpet in my room. She made it about ten feet from the bathroom, peed on my floor, then walked between there and the kitchen twice. So, there are literally 40 or so "pee prints" on my floor. Then, I go to put her in the shower and realize I can't because one of the kids has locked and then closed the door behind them! How's that for annoyed?
Oh my GOSH! Yes, this definitely annoying!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh boy....today was an annoying day here too! I cleaned the house for 6 hours today and the kids were driving me absolutely bonkers. When hubby got home from work I commented (just once, ONCE! and not whiney or annoyingly, just quietly) that my feet hurt.
he says "So?"
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE me? I was so mad.

HUGS to all you annoyed and hard working moms!!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yup...that would annoy the heck out of me too!! And it's also why I keep a little pokey do-dad on top of the bathroom door frame. (to open the lock!) LOL

Old 08-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...I'm seriously irritated by my 4 year old's nagging and never listening to the answers we give her and my twins' poopy diapers. I swear. I'm so sick of changing diapers!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ugh! My 4 yo has been wetting MY bed during nap time (there's no way the kids sharing a room will take naps...). Or even his Kindle time until we reiterated to him over and over that he could still finish up his Kindle time even if he had to get up to go to the bathroom. But also if he happens to fall asleep he will tend to wet the bed, as happened yesterday. Blah!

Oh, and I removed the lock from our bathroom door, so there are no excuses here. We have a really old house, so the lock on the bathroom is a little deadbolt that is not accessible at all from the outside, so after my baby locked herself in there once I took it out. Scary!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Erin. I hope we do, too. I am just so behind frustrated by it now.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son is getting molars in and has been in a horrible mood all week. On top of that, I have pneumonia that just does NOT want to go away, so I'm exhausted and feel like crap. My dad was in the pool today, and my son wanted SO desperately to get in the pool, too, but he can't touch, so he has to be held... I asked my dad "Before I put him in a swim diaper, are you willing to play in the pool with him for a bit?" Just wanting to make sure I don't change him for my dad to immediately change his mind. He agreed, and I changed Zach, and took him outside, standing by the window to watch.

Literally not even 5 minutes, and my dad brings him in ready to get out. Seriously?! I get that this isn't how you want to spend your evening, but I'm asking for like, 20 minutes of help... Zach then proceeded to scream and cry because he barely got any time in the pool. I felt horrible for him, but I just can't go from cold-to-hot like that as feverish as I am, so grandpa was his only option. :/

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am sorry you had a tough day......my kids are older so the kinds of trouble they get into is a bit different.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 7 year old annoys me a lot lately, I'm afraid. Getting him to bed is one struggle. Anything I ask him to do makes him scream and cry. Ugh.