Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2023, 08:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Where have all the cute shoes gone?

I love shoes. They are the only thing I am a perfect size 10 in. LOL But lately I am not seeing any that I really like. Help me out ladies, and point me to some cute shoes for the summer.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! It seems most of the cute ones are online (or at least that is where I see them!) Unfortunately, I can't buy shoes without trying them on! I also can't wear any kind of heal, so it's even harder!

I hope someone can post some super cute shoes for you to look at!
Old 06-06-2023, 10:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've become REAL addicted to these sandals! I have super high arches and these are so ridiculously comfortable!
I have one set very similar to this one from last summer:

https://www.reef.com/products/womens...sta-hi-natural

And just got these for this summer:

https://www.reef.com/products/womens...rypage-nosto-2

I'm also a big fan of birkenstocks- I have a well worn in pair, but the arch support isn't as good as the reefs. Even the Reef's flip flops are awesome!
Old 06-06-2023, 11:28 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm also a big fan of birkenstocks- I have a well worn in pair, but the arch support isn't as good as the reefs. Even the Reef's flip flops are awesome!
I love birkenstocks too! They are awesome
Old 06-07-2023, 06:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

All of my sneakers are cute. lol
That's all I wear.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have some really cute sneakers from Blowfish-cheetah print, snow leopard print, camo, grey, and blue.

As for sandals my Birks and my Nike flip flops are my faves for all day, especially at work.

I have cheap Old Navy flip flops in different colours that I wear often as well.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Okay, no one kill me for saying it, but birkenstocks are not cute. They may be comfy, but they are ugly too.

Aime, I found a few pairs of cute reefs, but are they really worth the price?

Cute sneakers are acceptable, so I will go look at blowfish to see if there are any that call my name.

Flip Flops are great, but I have a ton of those, so not exactly what I am looking for.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Blowfish and Roxy sneakers are my fav...I have a ton of colors plus floral, camo and red/black check. I am an addict for cute tennis shoes. My feet are too wide for converse so these are a fun alternative and slightly cheaper too. Here are three pairs I have...I also have a yellow floral, gray floral, red check, black, mauve...I get them on Amazon. I make a wishlist and my family gets them for me. The Roxy tend to run small and blowfish run a little big.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Okay, no one kill me for saying it, but birkenstocks are not cute. They may be comfy, but they are ugly too.
Hahaha I admit they are ugly but so much comfort!
It's like the Crocs!
I wear Birkenstock at home (yeah the ugly plastic ones but they save my back I swear!) and very simple black sneakers so I'm not the best helping you for cute shoes but enjoy reading this thread!
Old 06-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Blowfish and Roxy sneakers are my fav...I have a ton of colors plus floral, camo and red/black check. I am an addict for cute tennis shoes. My feet are too wide for converse so these are a fun alternative and slightly cheaper too. Here are three pairs I have...I also have a yellow floral, gray floral, red check, black, mauve...I get them on Amazon. I make a wishlist and my family gets them for me. The Roxy tend to run small and blowfish run a little big.
Those are cute. I was looking at them on Amazon. I have to be careful with my heel, bad Achilles tendon, so I tend to go with slides or mules to avoid any pain.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Hahaha I admit they are ugly but so much comfort!
It's like the Crocs!
I wear Birkenstock at home (yeah the ugly plastic ones but they save my back I swear!) and very simple black sneakers so I'm not the best helping you for cute shoes but enjoy reading this thread!
I have them for home and in the garden, but that is about as far as they go. LOL
Old 06-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have some foot issues as well and only wear Merrells. As luck would have it, the national HQ is in our town so we have a nice outlet store. If there's still a Merrell outlet in Michigan City, you might check there. I always find some cute (and comfy) sandals and I'm a size 11.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Aime, I found a few pairs of cute reefs, but are they really worth the price?

Cute sneakers are acceptable, so I will go look at blowfish to see if there are any that call my name.

Flip Flops are great, but I have a ton of those, so not exactly what I am looking for.
Lol- I'm picky about my birks too- some I think are also not cute!

Reefs are spendy- but they usually have a sale or something that can cut the price a smidge. FOR ME- they are worth it. The ONLY sandal that I can wear all day at the ballfield or out & about that is super comfortable. They are awesome for arch support and with the platform type sole, they give me height without having to worry about balance

I have a couple blowfish sneakers too because they are super cute- but like most sneakers- I can't wear them all day as they have NO arch support.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

These are tempting me.

I wear a lot of navy blue, so they would add a fun little touch to many of my outfits.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought these from Walmart in the spring and have gotten compliments on them from the younger crowd =) The footbed is cushy and has a velvety feel.

Old 06-07-2023, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love Clark's and basically wear sandals all summer long. These are my faves, besides gold and white, I have these in black and blue.
I also love Keen's ... I wouldn't say they are super "cute" but boy, are they comfy!
I'm usually able to get good bargains on shoes, because I wear a 6.5 or 7, so there are usually lots to pick from in those sizes on the sale racks!

Old 06-07-2023, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Super cute!!! And so fun!! I have skinny feet so have to have something that ties or something between my toes - I love the page you created to show off your style!!
Old 06-08-2023, 01:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I live in my Toms, and have like 20 pair all different colors and patterns. I wear them year round. Sometimes in the summer I wear Yellow Box flip flops, and of course I have several pair of riding boots and some UGGS for winter. I used to wear Converse all the time but I broke my foot a couple of years ago and now they aren't comfortable.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I bought these from Walmart in the spring and have gotten compliments on them from the younger crowd =) The footbed is cushy and has a velvety feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I love Clark's and basically wear sandals all summer long. These are my faves, besides gold and white, I have these in black and blue.
I also love Keen's ... I wouldn't say they are super "cute" but boy, are they comfy!
I'm usually able to get good bargains on shoes, because I wear a 6.5 or 7, so there are usually lots to pick from in those sizes on the sale racks!

I can't wear open toed shoes into work, not even during the summer, so sandals are for home and weekends. But I do love Clarks. Problem is that a size 10 is harder to come by. LOL
Old 06-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Serenity wears a size 10, too and she’s always talking about how she can’t find anything cute in her size. I wear a kids size 5.5, so I thankfully don’t know that struggle. I can wear kids or a 7.5 in women’s. I almost always shop in the kids section because they have much cuter options lol. I have some suuuuper cute black and hot pink Nikes with flowers on them, that everyone always asks about but nobody else has them because they’re actually children’s shoes LOL!
Old 06-08-2023, 11:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I want a pair of white Berks so I can wear them with my Nike Elite crew socks, so bad but they’re expensive lol.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Dixon View Post
I want a pair of white Berks so I can wear them with my Nike Elite crew socks, so bad but they’re expensive lol.
What exactly would that look like, cause I am picturing old men with sandals and socks. LOL
Old 06-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not into cute shoes. I always end up in the same pair of slip ons whenever I go out. However, I LOVE my Blowfish shoes. They are so lightweight that my feet were too cold to wear them in the spring, but they are perfect for summer.

I follow merricksart on Instagram, and she has cute shoe ideas, as well as general fashion advice. You might check her out.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:03 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Kimberly I have those canvas ones at the bottom of your layout (Blowfish, right?) and I absolutely LOVE them. They are soooo comfy with the bamboo ankle socks I always wear, and I love that they're easy to get on and off. They go with everything too! I can wear them with shorts, jeans, or a cute skirt.

Old 06-09-2023, 01:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love these Teva wedges too. I wear them all summer (which is a good part of the year in Louisiana lol) and they've lasted several years for me. They're very comfy. I'm picky about shoes because of fibromyalgia and leg/foot pain, but I love these.

Last edited by Tracie Stroud; 06-09-2023 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:40 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm not into cute shoes. I always end up in the same pair of slip ons whenever I go out. However, I LOVE my Blowfish shoes. They are so lightweight that my feet were too cold to wear them in the spring, but they are perfect for summer.

I follow merricksart on Instagram, and she has cute shoe ideas, as well as general fashion advice. You might check her out.
Blowfish shoes seem to be very popular. I may to give them a try. And thanks for the IG link. Fashion advice is always a good thing.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Stroud View Post
I love these Teva wedges too. I wear them all summer (which is a good part of the year in Louisiana lol) and they've lasted several years for me. They're very comfy. I'm picky about shoes because of fibromyalgia and leg/foot pain, but I love these.
I've heard good things about Tevas too, so I will need to look at those. lol
Old 06-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
What exactly would that look like, cause I am picturing old men with sandals and socks. LOL
Lol I laughed so hard! Maybe that is what it looks like, but my teenagers and 22 yr old tell me only old people wear slides and Birks barefooted, so I always wear socks with mine now so they won’t laugh at me and call me old

https://pin.it/ury5eUI
Old 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Lol I laughed so hard! Maybe that is what it looks like, but my teenagers and 22 yr old tell me only old people wear slides and Birks barefooted, so I always wear socks with mine now so they won’t laugh at me and call me old

https://pin.it/ury5eUI
OMG, that is hysterical. The kids are doing that these days? Maybe they think it is better because it is white on white?
Old 06-09-2023, 01:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've heard good things about Tevas too, so I will need to look at those. lol
I haven't tried any of their other ones, but this particular pair is so comfy. They don't look like they would be, but I honestly get less foot pain walking in them than I do in some of my athletic walking shoes. The wedge also doesn't feel as high in person as it looks in the photo to me.

Old 06-09-2023, 02:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a ton of shoes, but I mostly wear flip-flops, my Hey Dudes, and my Addidas cloudform shoes.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Getting shoes for work is my tougher than I would like. I work in the food industry, so no open toed shoes. We are office casual, so jeans are fine, but sneakers take it down a bit farther than the boss likes, so I need those cute comfy shoes that work with jeans, but are not sneakerish. Those are hard to find.

Oh, and then add my heal issue, bone spur wrapped around my achilles tendon, which is painful but would take me off my feet for 12 weeks if I had the surgery because they would have to detatch the tendon, I tend to prefer slides and mules, which are mostly sandals. LOL It can be a challenge.
Old 06-11-2023, 03:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Serenity wears a size 10, too and she’s always talking about how she can’t find anything cute in her size. I wear a kids size 5.5, so I thankfully don’t know that struggle. I can wear kids or a 7.5 in women’s. I almost always shop in the kids section because they have much cuter options lol. I have some suuuuper cute black and hot pink Nikes with flowers on them, that everyone always asks about but nobody else has them because they’re actually children’s shoes LOL!
I can wear a kids size 5. My UGG moccasins are kids-sale and they were cheaper to begin with, think I paid $60.
My Nike sneakers that I get a lot of comments about are also kids, they are white with a light pink swoosh--love them!! Want the navy blue swoosh with a magenta stripe but they don't have my size currently. Got them on sale for $40
Old 06-13-2023, 03:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My problem in the summer is I have to wear closed toed shoes in the summer. I work in Healthcare plus I want to wear Capri's. Which would look super cute with all kinds of strappy sandals but I can't wear them then just loose focus...lol.
Old 06-13-2023, 06:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I pretty much live in Birks. They cured my foot issues (‎plantar fasciitis, and a Morton's neuroma from a BAD stubbed toe) that I suffered with for almost 2 years. When I stop wearing them for too long, it comes back. My favorite style is Gizeh... and I don't know... I think they're cute. I also love my comfy Arizona's with taupe suede and in winter I wear the Boston clogs, but I don't find them as comfortable for some reason.

My favorite basic rubber flip flop are havaianas. My favorite beachy sandal are Reefs (I have a pair of the same ones posted above in white) but I don't find them as supportive as my Birkenstocks.

My favorite fashion sneaker are Adidas Grand Courts. They're so comfy and cute. I just got this pair from DSW with the blue stripes and several people commented they were cute, too. My feet aren't very narrow so most other fashion sneakers like Keds and Converse aren't comfortable on me.

For grueling Disney days on my feet I wear Brook's Ghost. They're cute athletic sneakers, and they come in a lot of colors. Very cushy too! I have the white pair I linked to, but I was so torn which to get, there were so many good choices!

Old 06-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I shamelessly wear my Arizona's with socks when it's cooler. I don't care. It's comfy!!! I wear them with socks like these:
crew
ankle

They're kind of slouchy and blend well with the Birks I have.

I think it's cute!

Old 06-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I pretty much live in Birks. They cured my foot issues (‎plantar fasciitis, and a Morton's neuroma from a BAD stubbed toe) that I suffered with for almost 2 years. When I stop wearing them for too long, it comes back. My favorite style is Gizeh... and I don't know... I think they're cute. I also love my comfy Arizona's with taupe suede and in winter I wear the Boston clogs, but I don't find them as comfortable for some reason.

My favorite basic rubber flip flop are havaianas. My favorite beachy sandal are Reefs (I have a pair of the same ones posted above in white) but I don't find them as supportive as my Birkenstocks.

My favorite fashion sneaker are Adidas Grand Courts. They're so comfy and cute. I just got this pair from DSW with the blue stripes and several people commented they were cute, too. My feet aren't very narrow so most other fashion sneakers like Keds and Converse aren't comfortable on me.

For grueling Disney days on my feet I wear Brook's Ghost. They're cute athletic sneakers, and they come in a lot of colors. Very cushy too! I have the white pair I linked to, but I was so torn which to get, there were so many good choices!
I am going to have to check out those Brooks sneakers. If they are good for a day at Disney, they have to be great.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I miss the days when I left the house and had a reason to wear cute shoes. Even more, I miss being 50lbs lighter and able to wear stilettos without it killing my hips and back. <sigh> I had the best shoe collection...!

These days, I'm completely hooked on Kiziks. With my health challenges, being able to step straight into the shoe without bending over makes SUCH a difference. Most recently I got a pair of their Women's Vegas in white, and they look like a dressy sneaker rather than an athletic shoe.

https://kizik.com/products/womens-vegas

My favorite place to shop for shoes online is Zappos. I love being able to order a bunch, try them on at home, and send back whatever doesn't fit or make me happy without any hassles. Here's some cute ones I wish I had places to go to wear them:

https://www.zappos.com/p/miz-mooz-ja...705/color/2043

https://www.zappos.com/p/journee-col...1412/color/158

https://www.zappos.com/p/journee-col...1401/color/158

https://www.zappos.com/p/steve-madde...107/color/8517

And I am seriously, seriously thinking about buying these for myself:

https://www.zappos.com/p/nine-west-b.../color/1016650

Old 06-14-2023, 12:51 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So I wore these for Katie's wedding, and I think they are pretty cute! I seriously cannot do heels, but these were perfect and soooo comfy. They're just a noname Amazon brand but after trying on a million name brand shoes in local stores, these were by far the comfiest pair and they come in a bunch of colors too!

I honestly hate shoes and prefer being barefoot, so my go-to daily shoes are these Teva flip-flops or these Roxy slip-ons.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I honestly hate shoes and prefer being barefoot, so my go-to daily shoes are these Teva flip-flops or these Roxy slip-ons.
I hateeee shoes too! and socks haha. I am barefoot at home all year long. I'll never understand the wearing shoes inside the house thing because that seems like torture to me.

I don't have any cute shoes. I have a pair of sandals and then I have my running shoes. I don't even have boots atm because I hate those too even though where I live it's winter like 5 months out of the year. I go walking all year in my running shoes.
Old 06-14-2023, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have enjoyed reading about the shoes y'all like...I'm not a shoe gal. I'm barefoot in the house most of the day. In the yard, I wear a pair of Crocs and when I go somewhere, I'm usually in a pair of Sperry boat shoes. No support in those. lol There's hiking shoes when we're out adventuring. I can't remember the last time I dressed up. Oh, I did wear some low heal pumps for Easter. lol I'm sort of tall 5'9" so I don't wear heels.

Hope you find some good, cute ones, Lorie!
Old 06-14-2023, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have also enjoyed this thread. Living in Florida, I spend the bulk of my time in sandals or barefoot. I am not a fan of shoes and sadly I'm not a fan of flipflops either. I don't like the strap between my toes...lol...

Several years ago I discovered L'Artiste brand. They are expensive, but will last a long time. I have several different pairs/styles. Most of mine are about 6 years old now and I have worn them a lot. Even all day at Disney! They all still look brand new.

DSW will carry some of the styles from time to time.

I don't like spending that kind of money on shoes, but these have proven to be a good investment. One style I like so well that I have in four colors.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I hateeee shoes too! and socks haha. I am barefoot at home all year long. I'll never understand the wearing shoes inside the house thing because that seems like torture to me.

I don't have any cute shoes. I have a pair of sandals and then I have my running shoes. I don't even have boots atm because I hate those too even though where I live it's winter like 5 months out of the year. I go walking all year in my running shoes.
I hate boots! They are so uncomfortable! I’m barefoot 90% of the time… I’ve even driven barefoot to go walk on the beach (barefoot) and then realized I needed to stop and get gas or get groceries real quick and it’s so annoying hahaha. The only reason I even bought sneakers was to save my aching feet at Disney. The Adidas are because the theatre where the kids perform have a closed-toe shoe policy for anyone backstage. LOL