Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Question Ahh! Have you ever? Missing kits

Am I the only one that buys kits and misplaces them when she needs them? lol I was going through my recent purchases to make sure I downloaded everything and found not one but three purchases so far in the past year that I apparently either didn't download or lost somehow. I swear I downloaded the one because I remember wanting to use it once and deciding to wait for a different layout but I checked in both hard drives and there's nothing. I am such a scatterbrain and because my family can't stop pestering me when I'm on the computer for even five minutes, I download and forget to unzip or miss a file. I need a better system! Any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried to look in your download folder?

I usually purchase, then immediately download the files, unzip and save in my Collections folder.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monia13 View Post
Have you tried to look in your download folder?

I usually purchase, then immediately download the files, unzip and save in my Collections folder.
I tend to purchase late at night since that's usually the only time I can get on the computer so I get tired and leave things downloading. Sometimes the computer won't save the downloads into a folder and I'm out of luck unless I can go back into my orders and download again. I keep changing it to save to the download folder and somehow it keeps switching back. One I am out of luck for since it was a designer that is no longer here. Bummed because I was going to use that kit for my daughter's baby book. Oh well, learning this time around and downloading the kits I just bought and unzipping them now lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought I had something like that happen to me just two days ago! I was playing with Erica's and Meg's "Heading Home" kit that I'd bought a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't find the alpha! I really thought I'd missed downloading it when I finally discovered it in the ep portion of the kit!

I usually keep the invoice page open (the one that comes up after the purchase has gone through and from which you then can access the various designers' kits). It has all the kits I purchased with that session listed. I often can't do d/ls immediately, coz my internet's so bad that d/ls get interrupted (and you only have 5x to try). So, if a d/l stopped after 2 or 3 trials, I decide to come back another time. But I leave the invoice page open so I can make sure I got all the kits I purchased.

I also make sure to unzip what I bought asap to make sure d/ls went ok (in case I need to go back and download a file again). I leave the actual download page of each respective kit open until I've unzipped all parts. That way I can also make sure that I've downloaded all parts of the kits as they sometimes come in a single, in 2 (alpha's included in the ep file), or in 3 files.

So far I'm not aware of ever missing a part ...
Hope this wasn't too much rambling here ...
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sign in to the shoppe and then look in your order history to confirm you purchased. I'm sure Robin or the designer will help you out if you purchased but never downloaded! They've always had amazing customer service here!