Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrap it Summer participants - question #1

So for those participating in the Scrap it Summer challenges this month, I am curious about a handful of things so I thought I would write a couple different posts.

My first topic of questions are... How are you coming with the daily challenges? Are you staying current? Are you holding strong? Are you shocked you are getting the pages done? Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed?

For me, I am current and TOTALLY shocked about it! I am loving the two option challenges. I am also really enjoying seeing what you guys have created. The gallery is simply full of goodness!

I am hoping to finish strong. I am crossing my fingers.

I started doing the challenges to see if I could push myself to complete the 31 pages. At this point, I am proud of myself for getting 21 finished. That is HUGE for me!

I will also add that I am trying to push myself to use kits/templates that I haven't used before. I claim it... I am a collector. I am trying to use my stash.

I look forward to reading how things are going to you.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I’m definitely staying current and hope we don’t lose power with this hurricane coming our way. I love carving out daily time for myself to scrapbook and unless a meteor strikes my home, I’ll finish. Even then, I can find me a Starbucks for internet. Haha
Old 08-21-2021, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been trying to stay caught up & do at least one a day. I have combined a few of my creative team layouts with the daily challenge. I tend to get a day behind on the days I work (I'm a hygienist tues/thurs)but I can quickly catch back up. I'm confident I will be able to do it- the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm staying on top of them, but it has definitely gotten more challenging now that school has started back up. Scrap It! Summer is pretty much the only reason I'm happy we're starting more than a week later than usual, lol, so I don't have to try to balance scrapping daily with teaching for more than a couple weeks.

The two-option format is definitely a lifesaver as there are some prompts where I'd never be able to finish that day on time if I didn't have the option of the other.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually do each one on that day, days that I get behind I catch up on weekends. I'm a fast scrapper so it's pretty easy to stay current. I've also completed a few of these scrap-everyday-for-a-month type challenges before so I'm accustomed to the daily grind and process of getting the layouts done.

Good luck to all of you!

Old 08-21-2021, 10:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am staying current. I think the hardest thing was that this is my second month in a row of doing daily pages. LOL!!! I thought we were going to have AUG off. LOL!!!!!

Old 08-21-2021, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am also staying current. I am loving the 2 options too, since not every challenge speaks to me. It's nice having a choice!
Old 08-21-2021, 11:26 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

How are you coming with the daily challenges? Are you staying current? Are you holding strong?

I'm staying current or about one day behind.

Are you shocked you are getting the pages done?

I used to scrap every single day, sometimes multiple pages, but I gradually fell off of the daily habit over the past couple of years. Last year was rough because of a family death and I was dx with breast cancer (but doing GREAT now). So I'm a little shocked that I'm sticking with it. My daughter, Olivia, is participating as well, so we tend to spur each other one, and that's fun.

Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed?

Actually, no, I feel a little nervous. I've gotten this far and hope I've gotten my habit reinforced again, but over the past few months, it hasn't taken me much to get distracted from scrapping. I hope I finish strong!
Old 08-22-2021, 02:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm usually pretty good with finishing all challenges no matter the event. So I'm doing pretty good. I kinda wish we didn't have to do a challenge on the weekends though but thank goodness for quiet time and hubby working now extra hours at a restaurant to make up for his loss of revenue at his everyday job. Otherwise he would be complaining even more that I spend too much time scrapping. SSD do you realize what you're doing to my marriage??
Old 08-22-2021, 02:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
How are you coming with the daily challenges? Are you staying current? Are you holding strong?

I'm staying current or about one day behind.

I used to scrap every single day, sometimes multiple pages, but I gradually fell off of the daily habit over the past couple of years. Last year was rough because of a family death and I was dx with breast cancer (but doing GREAT now). So I'm a little shocked that I'm sticking with it. My daughter, Olivia, is participating as well, so we tend to spur each other one, and that's fun.

Actually, no, I feel a little nervous. I've gotten this far and hope I've gotten my habit reinforced again, but over the past few months, it hasn't taken me much to get distracted from scrapping. I hope I finish strong!
I'm so happy to hear your health is great now!

Your daughter is a member here? Who is it? Livybug? That's the only Olivia I can think of right now.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish this month would have been less busy for my family, so that I could play along more! Oh well! The challenges I have seen have looked really fun!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:08 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Loving the daily challenges. One thing that I find SSD does really well is giving us challenges that can be inspiration in many different ways. I also love the different options though as some days certain things will speak to me.

So far I am current. Was away last weekend and found I didn't like playing catch up. Not that it was an issue of any kind, but my personality likes being on top of things.

I am feeling strong about finishing. I have gotten in a routine now, so it seems easier.

Old 08-22-2021, 03:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am staying current or max one day behind - I'm loving scrapping daily, I think I've figured out I need to do the passport challenges this way, I'm much better at having one task and doing that daily than choosing one, I tend not to get them (the passport challenges) done because I have too many options lol

Confident I will be able to finish!

Old 08-22-2021, 04:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm so happy to hear your health is great now!

Your daughter is a member here? Who is it? Livybug? That's the only Olivia I can think of right now.
Yes, that's my girl!
Old 08-22-2021, 05:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I stayed current until this wee as I was puppy sitting. 6 month old Labrador Retrievers do not let you do much, lol. I've missed out on a couple of pieces of the collab, days 15, 19, and 20 but am all caught up now.

I may fall behind later this week as my dad is going in for a procedure on his heart valves. I'm driving my parents up (2 hours away) to the hospital and we know we have to stay one night, if all goes well he will be released the next morning.

Am I shocked, no, not really as I'm off work presently so I have lots of time. The biggest thing that is hurting me is I haven't been out with my camera in a while.

Love having the two choices! It is so much fun to decide which one suits me best that day.

Confident I will finish all of them.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am jumping in late so have lots of catching up to do but it's going to be a fun scrapping week ahead!
Old 08-22-2021, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I tend to stay pretty current until the weekend and get a day behind but always get them done on time. I was doing multiple pages a day so I don't mind the daily scrap. I think my scrapping has slowed down a little this month compared to previous months. I enjoy the daily prompts and choices. It has been fun. It also helps I have a preteen and a teenager. The preteen is always busy watching TV, skateboarding or playing with friends outside. The teen is always with his girlfriend now so I never see them. Hubby works during the week and this week he is traveling for work so more me time! YAY
Old 08-22-2021, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've done pretty well staying current despite this being my busiest month. We had the county fair the week of the 9th and then went camping the week of the 16th. The little cabin we stayed in had electricity but we were out of reach of the campground wifi and cell service in Northern Michigan is nothing to get excited about. So I was periodically driving over to the camp HQ and the good wifi to upload layouts.
At this point I'm telling myself I have to stay focused and finish - I've worked too hard to mess up now!
And I'm also grateful for the 2 options every day. If it wasn't for that, I would have bailed pretty early on.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
Yes, that's my girl!
It is so cool that you have the same hobby! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I stayed current until this wee as I was puppy sitting. 6 month old Labrador Retrievers do not let you do much, lol. I've missed out on a couple of pieces of the collab, days 15, 19, and 20 but am all caught up now.
I want to cuddle some puppies so badly! I wish I knew of someone who has puppies near where I live. I should ask in my neighborhood facebook group. haha
Old 08-22-2021, 10:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My first topic of questions are... How are you coming with the daily challenges?
For the most part I am doing pretty good! The topics are simple and creative!

Are you staying current?
For the most part yes. I had a couple that may have been a day late.

Are you holding strong?
I think so....lol

YES! I have not been so good at challenges this year....

Well, I don't know. I hope I can get them all done!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-23-2021, 12:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How are you coming with the daily challenges? I've been doing pretty good. Love having the two options!

Are you staying current? I am current (within a day) except for two days in the 2nd week - we had family reunion here in town.

Are you holding strong? I've actually been really enjoying it - there have been a few that I didn't think were my best work, but have definitely had some that I love loved!

Are you shocked you are getting the pages done? yes - kind of

Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed? I am feeling optimistic. I feel like my pages for this coming year's calendar will be done this month so I'll be ready to pull the trigger to order once the good sale comes LOL
Old 08-23-2021, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So far it’s good. I’m not an every day scrapper so I’m surprised I’ve kept up. It’s a personal challenge for myself for sure. I get distracted with personal things so I might tap out towards the end, we’ll see how it goes.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on getting to 21 pages!! I was on a role and staying current, until my whole house was taken down with Covid. I've done about 8 pages, with my scrap slump that's actually good, so I'll take it.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I jumped on late. Day 8 was my first page. I have been keeping current and trying to play catch up on 1-7. I think I will be able to get all of them done. Now I need to fill my wish list, lol
Old 08-23-2021, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm staying current. I like having an excuse to scrap every day. I'm working through my photo backlog and it's giving me a starting place. I'm pretty confident I can finish the month and get all the freebies.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselwatchr View Post
Now I need to fill my wish list, lol
I need to do this too. Wasn't sure I'd finish so now I need to hustle!
Old 08-23-2021, 10:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm playing along sporadically. I can do 30-layouts-in-30-days challenges, but only if the format is something that allows me to scrap less during the week and make it up over the weekends. I knew going into the Shadowbox challenges that I wasn't going to be able to do them all within 48 hours, so it freed me to do the ones I liked most when I had time. In the end I think I'll complete a little less than half, but that's still 15-ish pages for my albums so I'm happy with it. I love that there's a choice of challenges each day!
Old 08-24-2021, 07:46 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I tried to participate but truthfully as a summer challenge the time restraints are difficult, especially as it includes the last weeks of summer and so many families are traveling and getting ready for Back to School. The summer challenges, in my opinion, should be given out weekly.

I actually had tons of time last Friday to scrap but it was the only day that week I did. Since I couldn't get the layouts done in the 24 hour time frames I couldn't participate in the prize aspect.

Just a thought
Old 08-26-2021, 10:47 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My first topic of questions are...

How are you coming with the daily challenges? I was doing okay at first but I'm not a fast scrapper and I refuse to just upload a layout for the sake of having one "done" to meet a challenge. So I've missed a few of the daily prizes and that makes me sad.

Are you staying current? Not anymore...but I guess I'm going to try to do them all so I can at least get the 50% off.

Are you holding strong? I'm hoping to get some done today. We'll see.

Are you shocked you are getting the pages done? Nope, this doesn't shock me at all that I am not getting all the challenges completed. Maybe if I was interested in becoming a babe or something along those lines I'd be more into completing them. I enjoyed the Birthday Bingo challenges a lot more. This is just starting to feel like work to me now...and I'm going to have to decide if I really want that 50% or the daily freebie enough.

Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed? After answering that last question I really sat and pondered this one. Nope. I think I'm done trying. I've done 20 challenges, so I've got my 40%. The actual chance of my post being drawn for the wish list is minimal and completing another 11 layouts for an extra few bucks off? Nope. I might do one here and there if I really like the daily prize and can see myself using it in the future. Shoot I was so busy trying to do life and complete the challenges I missed using my discount from last month because I was too busy.

What I miss is having time to comment in the gallery. I'm so busy trying to stay current I don't have time to do that and it appears that no one else really does either. So I'm off to leave some love on some layouts and get back to why I really do scrap. Not to be a babe, not for the freebies, not for the comments, but for my family. I've got a ton of pages that I NEED to do that don't meet the challenges. So that's what I'm going to work on. Thanks for asking the questions - you really helped me put it into perspective for me. And I appreciate the challenges, but I really hope passport challenges make a return. That's more my speed.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved reading each response. Thank you for providing your thoughts.

We are getting so close to the end. Three more prompts and August is over.

This week was a struggle for me, but I managed to pull off the challenges. I was down to the wire on a couple of them and not 100% happy with my page... but I am current.

Stay strong, ladies... we are at the finish line.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How are you coming with the daily challenges? Doing well. A few of them have me holding off on scrapping due to lack of photos or not wanting to scrap those photos. But I'm trying to be creative with each of them.

Are you staying current? Yes and no. I started late and was roughly a week behind. I kind of, sort of got caught up but then got really sick this past week which put me behind. I'm currently 9 layouts behind schedule.

Are you holding strong? Yes! I want this, want an opportunity to be selected for my dream goal of Babe....fingers crossed on that one.

Are you shocked you are getting the pages done? No. I knew once I got my computer a "home" in our new place I'd be back to scrapping all the time. I've missed it too much to not get pages scrapped!

Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed? I know I will! Unless we have a major power outage or my computer goes out, I WILL get them all done!!

You got this Melinda!! I know you and the many others who have said they will complete, will complete this month's challenges! We got this!!
Old 09-01-2021, 03:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Catching up with the questions
How are you coming with the daily challenges? Are you staying current? Are you holding strong? Are you shocked you are getting the pages done? Are you feeling confident you will get them all completed?

I was actually able to keep up pretty easily, I would make my layout early in the morning each day as the options were released so I wouldn't let myself get behind. Since this is the last day I can say yes I completed every single challenge and I'm actually not too shocked about it (now) because it was just so much fun