Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I had been looking on the internet. I will check those out. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

How's everyone doing?

I had a slow couple of weeks with some bad choices, but I'm staying on track for the most part. We weigh in tonight, and I'm hoping to hit the 25 lb mark. I was at 24 last week, and I think I can do it!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Libby...that's awesome! I feel good this week. Had a high calorie weekend with the Easter dinner and goodies but for the rest of the week I've been eating healthy, no snacking after dinner and have eaten lots of veggies. So I may not have lost this week but I'm pretty sure I haven't gained, so I'll take that as a win
Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing well. Over Spring Break we went to Disney World, and I was worried about the 9 days of all restaurant food (2 days of driving each way plus 5 days there). I let myself have a few "bad" meals and treats but made the healthiest choices I could the rest of the time. Between that and all the walking (15,000-19,000 steps a day on our 5 theme park days) I didn't gain. I'm actually amazed I didn't. I had to stop tracking by the 2nd day because seeing how high the numbers were compared to what they usually were was really bothering me. We've been home since Sunday, so things are back to normal now with tracking and eating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 04-01-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Rae, that is definitely a win! Easter was hard for me... the candy just about did me in. Did I mention I have a sweet tooth?

Rachel! Girl, that is AWESOME!!! I'm super imressed that you took such a major vacation and didn't gain!

We had our weigh-in last night, and to my surprise, I was actually down 2.4 lbs for a total of 26.4! SO happy to hit the 25 lb mark and now I'm looking 30 square in the eye. LOL
Old 04-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well I finally came off the plateau MOUNTAIN I was on and am down 33 pounds and am just 4 pounds away from onederland which I have not seen in probably 15 years.

A BIG win today was I went shopping for some work clothes and was able to buy some dresses (which work best for me as I loose more weight) in the MISSES department. I am finally out of the PLUS Size.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good job, Debbie!! So happy for you!! I love being able to buy smaller sizes!
Old 04-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome Debbie! Way Togo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WTG Debbie! That is great! I'm down 5 lbs for March. I was able to splurge a bit on pizza and take-out food but I think it's b/c I also balanced it out with lots of veggies/lean protein and low carb for lots of other meals. Hopefully I can continue it this month. I need to get an exercise regime started so I can get rid of the muffin top.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I haven't weighed since I don't have a scale but a pair of my older jeans fit so much better so I'm going in the right direction LOL

My NSV (non-scale victory) these past 2 weeks though is that my eye doctor visit went great. A little background info: I have early macular degeneration (have I told you all this? I can't remember!) - it runs in my family at a young age (I've been diagnosed since I was 48 years old, same as my mom). One of the reasons I chose to change my eating habits is to help slow down the progression of the disease (my mom has been pretty much blind since she was about 60, which gives me less than 10 years of good vision left if I follow in her footsteps). Anyway, my eye sight has gotten BETTER for the first time since I started wearing glasses when I was 10 years old!!! And on my in-depth eyeball scans the formation of drusen (causes the macular degeneration) has halted since last year's scans - no change at all! Now for me that is the BEST incentive to continue my healthy habits.... I want to be able to create for years to come, not just 10 more years - I can't bear the thought of not being able to see well enough to scrap, quilt, paint, or even watch TV
Old 04-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is wonderful, Marie! I think eating a clean diet is so good for our bodies.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Wow Marie! That really IS a major victory! So happy for you!!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It just hit me today at in 10 weeks I have lost 14.5 (almost 15 pounds) which I think is really good. I have actually been jogging a little (maybe 5 minutes walk for 5 and repeat) and actually am starting to enjoy the exercise (feel yucky when I don't get my steps in).
Old 04-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Super awesome, Debbie! I actually missed my exercise the past 2 mornings cause I hurt my leg and was trying to give it time to heal before I jumped back in... I can't believe I actually feel sad about missing it! In the past, I would've been happy to have an excuse! LOL

We weighed in last night, and I'm now at 28 lbs lost since Dec 31! Super happy with that!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Great loss Libby -- funny how when we become determined to do something and change a few things (such as exercising); it becomes 2nd nature just like breathing.

I hit my 35 pound mark this morning which made me even more determined to up my step count (I have a fitbit if anyone wants to become friends let me know) and have been stepping around 8-10 miles a day. People at work has really been commenting and one person calls me the "shrinking lady".

I am determined that I will loose the weight and keep it off this time. No more being unhealthy.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well I've been semi lactose free for several years and after a discussion with my dr she wants me to cut out refined sugar and try a low fodmap diet to hopefully eliminate some niggling reactions that aren't related to lactose...been doing some reading and boy am I confused, I think it's mainly cause I'm not a confident cook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 06-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Good luck, Jennifer! I know changing up your diet can be scary! I don't know anything about that specific diet though. Is it going to be a big change for you?
Old 06-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
Good luck, Jennifer! I know changing up your diet can be scary! I don't know anything about that specific diet though. Is it going to be a big change for you?

It's going to be a massive change for me not only physically but financially if it turns out I need to go gluten free as part of it. Here is a handout on fodmaps http://fodmapliving.com/wp-content/u...et-Handout.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 06-10-2016, 02:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey, girls. Sorry for the long post but I'd like to share my experience. It might be helpful for some of you.
I've been struggling with my weight all my life. I've done like every other diet there is with unsatisfactory and very temporary results -- you know the "yo-yo" effect thing.
I've been doing different diets since I was 14 or 15 years old...I've done super extreme diets like the fruit diet (you're allowed to eat up to 1kg/2.2lbs fruit of ONE kind a day). I think this was the worst and gave me awful health problems like hormonal misbalance, irregular periods, etc.
The one thing that helped me the most (10 years ago) was a very strict diet-fitness regime...like, I was eating only 2 pieces of chicken breasts + green salad (lunch and dinner time). For breakfast, I'd eat a banana and then hit the gym.
For 6 months, I lost a significant amount of weight then (~33lbs; 15 kg) which I gained back too quickly.
Since then I've tried anything with almost no results. The last thing I did was the low carb diet which I was doing for like half a year and lost like...say 10 pounds (5kg).
I felt so down I decided to give up.
Two months ago I went to a new (for me) OB/GYN to seek help for my inability to conceive. The doctor was like an angel sent from heaven for me because she immediately diagnosed me with insulin resistance and told me I couldn't lose weight no matter the diet. I did blood tests and she sent me to an endocrinologist. He prescribed me metformin and advised me to cut the refined sugars (which I avoid anyway) and to cut the white flour products (white bread, pasta, etc) and potatoes because insulin resistance is treated like diabetes. I've been taking the metformin for 40 days now and I'm 22 lbs/10kg down so far which is AMAZING (especially for me because I couldn't lose any weight).
I'm sharing my story because I know there's people who struggle with diets and sometimes diet is not the only key to success.
I'd like to advise everyone who stores weight around the waist, gains weight easily and struggles to lose it, to seek professional medical advise because there might be something you're not aware of.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That's great advise, Anelia! I'm so glad you've found something that is working for you!
Old 06-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do well on a lower carb/lower glycemic food plan and when I keep my glucose levels evened out, I lose the intense cravings, headaches and achy joints.I do indulge sometimes but pay for it for a few days with a return of all those symptoms. It's crazy how food affects me
Old 09-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations to all of you on your weight losses! Back in late February, my doctor told me about a free app called My Fitness Pal. I have logged in every day since then, and I have lost 24 pounds! That is about a pound a week; that's what I want to lose. It keeps track of calories, fat, sodium, and sugar on the main page (when you are on a computer), and when you click on a food, you can see other nutritional value information like fiber, cholesterol, calcium, iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C. I also have the tablet/phone version which shows that info as well. You can also put in recipes. There is a paid version as well, but I don't know what additional features it has. This is probably the longest I've ever stayed on a healthy eating plan.

Although I may eat the same foods every day (like cereal and milk for breakfast and a salad, sandwich and fruit for lunch), I like to eat different amount of calories to keep my body guessing. That works for me.

Keep up the great work!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Hello all, I hope I can join the gang here as well. New in this place but it has been love at first sight for me.. Lol. So i m trying to be more active and trying to participate more in the forum.

Well coming bk to the topic, I am keeping a track of my food and workout too. I use apps for both and I am following Shaun's T 25 Focus plan. Its really wonderful for people like me who r not very outgoing and introvert... Lol...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk