Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default So...say you're getting a tattoo

...and you want to get something on your foot, with your kid's names in it somehow. What would you get?

Darik and I are going to get tattoos for our anniversary in September (how romantic, right? ) and I know I want to get the girl's names somehow but I'm not sure where. I don't want a tramp stamp, I don't really want one on my upper arm. I've thought about my shoulder, foot, and possibly ankle. I have one on my left ankle already...any ideas?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

As soon as I can, I plan to get a dove on my foot with branches woven around it. Nicholas's name will be in with it, not just floating on its own, but fit into the tattoo. I choose a dove because his middle name is Jonah and it means dove. It will be mostly black and white with a touch of blue on the dove because Nicholas mean Victory of the People, so I thought, victory, first place, blue ribbon. Could you do something similar with Emma & Mady's names?
Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oooh that'd be cool Mari! I need to look into what their names mean and maybe think about that. I'm so not creative when it comes to stuff like that.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the one Lena has on her foot. It's a swirly one that you could put the girls names around it. Maybe Lena can chime in and post a pic of it, I saw it a year or so ago in a DST thread.

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Best site for real name meanings. A lot of the sites and books don't have very accurate meanings and I wouldn't want that tattooed on me forever.

www.behindthename.com

Ok, so the short meaning of Emma is universal and Madelyn (after clicking on all the forms to get to the root of the name) is tower. You could totally mix those to come up with something cool. Maybe like a globe with a skyscraper kind of coming off of it or something like that. Just my first thought.

Last edited by lovely1m; 07-25-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

ok, i'm just going to put this out there...

from someone who has a farily large tattoo on her foot (two tattoos, technically) I just want to say that you need to be prepared for pain. Because feet are so boney, and there is no "meat", tattooing is very painful. The top of the foot, the side near the pinkie toe and up near the toes are the worst. I almost made the guy stop during my second tattoo, it hurt so bad.

I don't say this to scare you off cuz I did it twice and don't regret it at all. But just know what you're getting into.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I almost made the guy stop during my second tattoo, it hurt so bad.
There is no way I could EVER get a tattoo for this reason! LOL!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, yeah, I am fully expecting this to be my most painful tattoo. Getting it on muscle is the least painful, then fat and last on bone.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just have to say....OUCH!!!!

Sorry...I don't like pain.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have one on top of my left foot!!!!! (it's a sun)

i don't really have a brilliant idea for you, but maybe you could do like the text of her name around in a circle (the name could repeat to fill around the circle path) w/ something in the center like a heart or whatever

i'm no tattoo artist

good luck!

xo

(aka L. Reid)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I have drawn up my own with all my kids initials in it. It's a vine with a small flower bud hanging off it. It's virtical and I will at some point put it on the back of my neck.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

me too...I want to get three interlocking hearts with my kids names in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
I have drawn up my own with all my kids initials in it. It's a vine with a small flower bud hanging off it. It's virtical and I will at some point put it on the back of my neck.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one on my foot. It hurt. A LOT. lol

An idea I had once, was to get the flowers of my children's and DH's birth months tattooed on me somewhere. I never knew months had flowers, but they do!
http://www.birth-flower.com/
Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have no ideas....but GL! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I cannot do tattoos..I can have babies drug free (giant ones even) but tattoos scare me so bad, lmbo!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh and I do think the birth flower thing is a cool idea! I knew about those but was always bummed mine was just larkspur. ugh. not even that pretty IMO, lol!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

ooh I love the flower idea Fairon! If I used Darik's, mine, Emma's and Madelyn's I'd have
Daisy
Daffodil
Larkspur
Gladiolus
That could definitely be something cool!

Jenny, thank you for the warning, seriously. I had someone tell me that it hurts but um, she had some other things going on that would enhance the pain. I love the look of foot tattoos...so I'm mentally preparing myself for the pain! Everyone I know who has one says it hurt, but it was SO worth it.

I had thought about along my spine too...but that'd obviously hurt like a mofo too. I don't really want it at the bottom of my neck because I normally wear my hair super short and in case I have to cover it for a job or something...although, that would definitely be one of my favorite spots.

and LEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA...I wanna see

Last edited by emmasmommy; 07-26-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbella77 View Post
I cannot do tattoos..I can have babies drug free (giant ones even) but tattoos scare me so bad, lmbo!
I know me too! I have had almost 10 pound babies med free, but a tattoo? No way LOL! I'm a wimp!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You guys are too cute! I had my first (and only other) one done at 18 and it must not have been too bad because I don't really remember any pain.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No ideas but I think it's cool!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh, I am so the opposite! LOL! I have 4 tattoos (technically 5 because 1 is 2 tattoos put together) and I took a nap while getting 3 of them!!! But I opted to have a c-section with my 2nd because I didn't want to go through the pain of labor & childbirth! lol!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sooo wanna get another tattoo- I was going to get one to honor my best friend who passed away but wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to put her name on me in some way (since it'd be weird and she has the same name as me, spelled the same too!) So I ended up giving my daughter her name as a middle name.

I want to get a tattoo for my kids, too.... but at this point I'm not sure if I will have more than 2 kids or not, so I think I'll have to wait in case... unless I can design something that could be added to in case...

I wish I could suggest something cool, but I have no good ideas!

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ha ha! I want a tattoo (as does dh- but he keeps using his $ on other play things-golf, UT football season tickets, etc.) BUT I'm scared to death they'll starts and it'll hurt, so I'll end up with half an outline of something! I'd love to have DH's name and the kids names and DOBs tied in.

I want to see what you come up with and totally agree with the job thing. I'm a teacher and now there are lots of gals with tattoos (mainly ankles) but I still worry about them showing.

Just a giggle---My DH's cousin has like 12 tattoos on his feet- it's wild. And when I first met DH's grandpa, it was at his house and he was barefoot- he had a pig on top of one foot and a chicken on top of the other. They're in Kansas, but he assured me he didn't get them because he was a farmer- he was in the Navy and in those days you woke up with tattoos! Ha ha!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I love tattoos I have 2, and I know I want more, but since I haven't found anything I LOVE yet, I'm holding off. The first one I got I doodled the design for over a year before I finally went to get it, lol. It's a shooting star (me) with starbursts around it (people I love who have passed, like guardian angels). That one is on my left inner hip, and my 2 one is on my left ankle (GIRL in old english writing, with a 4 leaf clover for the "I" - Colleen literally means girl Irish/Gaelic, and I love my Irish heritage).

I actually WANT a tramp stamp. I'm determined to single-handedly change teh nick name :P

Not really sure what to tell you to get though. When I was looking for something celtic for my second one, I just googled "tattoos" and wandered around the different sites looking at their selections. You might give that a try. Something might jump out at you as perfect. I definitely suggest trying to find something soonish, and then sit on it and think until September. If by then you don't LOVE it, don't get it. This is with you forever and you should wake up every morning and LOVE having it as a part of your body.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I agree, names would be so cute on your foot with a swirl like mine!

So if you do something like this here is my advice:

1. go for a tatoo with no black in it, I have seen them and they are SO pretty. I have 7 tattoos and this foot tattoo was my last one. It is the only one I have that is not done with a black outline and I love it so much more than my others!

2. allow the tattoo artist to help you draw the design. This was my design but the tattoo artist helped me alter it so that it would conform to my foot. They study anatomy, etc, and know how to make something look right on a canvas that isn't flat. The foot isn't flat so it takes some finesse

I really like swirls though...my other favorite tattoo has swirls in it too :

Anyway, hope that helps
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I have one on my belly...you can see it here in my latest belly picture.

It's just a small flower and I got it when I was about 17. Considering I'm now 35 and on my 5th pregnancy it looks great...just a tad faded...but that might be because it was such a light color (yellow and white). I think it's very tasteful and really the only people that see it are my immediate family and of course my OB I still don't think my dad knows I have it...even after all these years!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by mummytothree; 07-26-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: opps forgot the photo!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

now that I have read the thread I wanted to comment on the pain aspect of a "fatty" (non bony) area. Mine didn't really hurt as much as it "burned" if that makes sense. It really just felt like I had been poked with something hot and it kind of seared me.....as apposed to you thinking that it might feel like a need for a shot or IV going it!!! But once they were done.....it feel fine...just a tad sore for a day or two!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want something like this, but with 26.2 in it somehow when I finish my marathon.

(and much smaller/less of it. Just the general idea of stars and swirls lol)

Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OK, so help the foreigner out here: What on earth is a tramp stamp?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL A tramp stamp is a tattoo in the small of your back...like this

I was thinking about something in color and something "swirly" so I really like the example you gave Lena. I think what I'll do is bring in the idea of the flowers...with the swirls...and see what they can come up with. I love hearing what everyone else has. I am just so fascinated with tattoos, but never really LOVE anything enough to get it.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

As far as no black outline, I have one, it looked great at first, but it kind of blended in and doesn't look as great now. When I finish my 'tramp stamp' (cause I, too, actually like them, Col), I will get it outlined then. Mine is on fat though, not bone like Lena's, not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have anything against tramp stamps...I just know my husband would tease the hell out of me if I got one there.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

lol..I already have one on the left side there, later I am just planning on finishing it across my back and down onto my butt bone. Just wanna wait til I am closer to my ideal weight so I don't feel like people are looking at my love handles instead of my tat. And I got that one done long before anyone talked about anything called a tramp stamp. lol
Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a tat on my side that is a lily with Aidan's name above it. Eventually, I will work some greenery and more lilies into it, and it will stretch from my arm pit to my hip.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I see! I actually quite like those too. My friend has a black sun there and it looks really nice

No tattoos for me though, I'm not a fan of pain - and knowing me I would probably hate whatever I had done after six months My SO has one on his upper arm and it's really ugly - I hate that thing. But he quite likes it. It's like a picture of death or something.

My brother got a tattoo on his arm, it's like a tribal symbol or something, he just liked the design, and doesn't know what it means, but he told our gran it was a devil-worship thing and she nearly had a heart attack..
Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristine View Post
My SO has one on his upper arm and it's really ugly - I hate that thing. But he quite likes it. It's like a picture of death or something.
Men always seem to like those gross weird things. My dh keeps talking about getting some skull thing on him. Why would you want a skull on you? Course he probably wonders why I have a butterfly on me. I am not too worried about it though, he's been talking about getting a tat since before we got together 9 years ago and he still has none.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here are some of the ones my brother & SIL have. I'm not a fan of the water through the skull. LOL

This is on my SILs left side.

My husband just got one done yesterday but it's just the lines so far. He still has color and shading to do.

I like the butterfly with swirl tramp stamp that was posted earlier. If I was to get a tatt, that would be the type I'd get.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I am so thinking about doing this too I was going to get my kids names {in japanese letters} down the right side of my right foot...but I love some of these ideas~I was orginally thinking about the trap stamp thing too but know DH would tease me as well I can't wait to see what you get
Old 07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

here are some pics I found...

this is what I am thinking about getting {something similiar}

Last edited by nun69; 07-26-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ditto! Well, my babies aren't big, but I cannot stand needles!

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post

Love these!

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
This one too!

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

That pic with the ladybug on top of the big toe must have KILLED!! I can't find any pics right now, but my foot tattoo started out as one tiny ladybug (the size of a nickel). It only took 20 mins and hurt, but not so bad I wanted to die. lol

Then, a few years ago I got a second tattoo that added two baby ladybugs (for my boys) and a bunch of leaves and some sky and such. It took about an hour and hurt SO bad. When he got up near my toes was the worst pain so I can't imagine having a tattoo right ON my toe.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thre are a couple of those pictures I LOVE! I think I'm gonna go with the swirls, add the flowers and names of the girls. I'm getting SO excited!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

one great site to look at tattoos is http://www.bmezine.com

OK now before going there there are some really graphic pictures so defenitely not something to look at while kids are near (or if you are particularly squeamish LOL)

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tragedyanne

I have over 50 tattoos, upper arms and my whole back and some here and there.

Owner of Keepsake-Creators
"Creating keepsakes one moment at a time"

Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Ok so here is what I drew up for myself though I want to take it into the Tattoo shop and have them tweak it up a bit cuz I am not that great an artist. Anyway here it is.

Remember its going on the back of my neck Vertically and there are 2 letter C's 2 letter E's and a letter A in there.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Angela Spangler Send a message via AIM to Angela Spangler Send a message via MSN to Angela Spangler Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Spangler

I just got one on my upper right arm a few weeks ago.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! I just have a tramp stamp....

I do want another one tho.....probably on my right shoulder (back) with Japenese writing. Want it to say just one word that defines me.

Still trying to decide what that word is tho.....

Creating for: Krystal Hartley