Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 05/24

Let's all get to know each other a bit better. Here are some questions to answer.
  1. Is there something you are looking forward to?
  2. Do you have a garden?
  3. How early do you wake each day?
  4. What was the last thing you baked or do you ever?
  5. Do you have a skin care regime?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I'm looking forward to Sunday. If the weather clears up we are getting our bathing suits on and taking Taz to the dog park on the ocean. We'll all get into the water with him and the other dogs.

2. I have a two tiered garden in the back yard which I neglect and don't weed as often as I should. It's time for me to get out there again and clean it up. In the frong yard we have a raised fower bed with bushes. I need to get out there too and reshape them.

3. I'm usually up around 7 but throughout the night I wake often and usually watch a tv show or two until I fall back asleep.

4. I made pumpkin loaf and we ate it all up in 2 days. I try to bulk bake and freeze in individual servings but have run out so its time to load up again.

5. I have an essential oil blend that I make and put on my face 1-2 times a day. I then use a moisturizer and sometimes sunscreen (an essential oil one from Young Living). I have Drunken Elephant right now and like it. I just ordered Dr. Brandt's No Baggage eye cream and can't wait to try it out.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Is there something you are looking forward to? My sister (the one I found on 23&Me) is visiting in a couple of weeks.
  2. Do you have a garden? I do, but I only have about 2 hours in me at any given time before I'm ready to move on to something else, lol.
  3. How early do you wake each day? On work days, between 6-6:30; on the weekends around 8
  4. What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? Roasted cauliflower for dinner yesterday. If you're talking about more traditional dessert baking, I made a cake and some berry banana bread.
  5. Do you have a skin care regime? I apply an SPF 50 sunscreen daily.

Last edited by SeattleSheri; 05-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Getting my mojo back.
Do you have a garden? no.. man i'm awful at that stuff. I support gardeners though and love farmers markets - does that count?
How early do you wake each day? depends I usually wake up before I need to between 6-6:30
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? I don't really bake. Lily made me black bean brownies for mother's day though and they were AMAZING
Do you have a skin care regime? no.. i'm trying to figure tht one out.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? YES! Tacos, guacamole, chips & salsa...can you even imagine spending 8 months in a country that has no Mexican restaurants?!? We are looking forward to just about everything about our summer back "home" (my mom's home, we have renters in our home). Just 1 month and a couple days!!! Also going on an overnight date...to Cleveland (very romantic, right?!) to see Dear Evan Hansen. Super excited about that!

Do you have a garden? No. We had a container garden 8-9 years ago when we lived in England and we'd like to do some raised beds in our yard when we move back to our "forever home".

How early do you wake each day? On weekdays, I get up between 5:10 and 5:40. On weekends, maybe between 7:30 and 9!

What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? I think most recently I baked oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies. A favorite in our house.

Do you have a skin care regime? I don't. When I remember, I use moisturizer or something. I should really make it a part of my routine.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Vacation next February
Do you have a garden? I have flower pots and beds
How early do you wake each day? 6 am
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? a cake, I do bake quite a bit
Do you have a skin care regime? Yes, but after many years, I found my skin does best when I keep it simple.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to?
My sister & I are taking my daughter to see "Aladdin" tomorrow. We are much more excited about this than she is!

Do you have a garden?
I already have 2 kids I have to keep alive. I don't need the pressure of plants and vegetables, too, thanks.

How early do you wake each day?
Whenever the first person to stomp by to go to the bathroom wakes up. #notamorningperson

What was the last thing you baked or do you ever?
I generally don't. DH is gluten-free which makes baking really hard and expensive. My mom & sister love to bake and make all of the desserts at our family functions so I don't usually bother. I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week year-round but I probably only bake 3-4 times in a whole year.

Do you have a skin care regime?
Nope. I need one, though! This skin ain't gettin' any younger!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest son and his fiancee are going to be here next week - looking forward to seeing them - we haven't seen them since they got engaged!

Do you have a garden?
Heck, no. I get poison ivy literally without touching anything outside. I do plant flowers in pots. That's as good as it gets at my house.

7:30-9 depending on where I need to be. Definitely a night owl here.

chocolate chip cookies. I do like to bake, it just doesn't fit in with my diet!

Washing my face at night. LOL
Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

While I'm typing my answer, my nosy daughter is behind me and reading this thread while correcting my typos

Is there something you are looking forward to? YES!!! My sister and nephew coming here in the US!

Do you have a garden? no, but I have a kitchen table with 4 plants

How early do you wake each day? as early as 5:30 then I wake up everybody at 6 (or 6:15) after I had a sip of my coffee.

What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? chicken popcorn? or are you asking about baked goods? I made a baked cheesy chicken breast on Monday.

Do you have a skin care regime? as a matter of fact, I do. I wash my face and put on a moisturizer. Last week I was introduced to this waterproof brow gel, so I also put that on and sleep with it, bahahaha!
Old 05-25-2019, 01:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Going to my home country for 3 weeks in July. It's been more than a year since my last trip.
Do you have a garden? A mini urban garden in our tiny balcony.
How early do you wake each day? Weekdays I wake up 6.15 AM. Weekend, whenever I wake up, which usually depends on whenever my son wakes up and starts being noisy.
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? potatoes and cheese.
Do you have a skin care regime? Yes, I wash my face and put on my face stuffs at least twice a day; morning after shower and night before bed.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? My parents are coming to visit in July!
Do you have a garden?No.
How early do you wake each day?Depends on the day, but usually between 5:30 and 7.
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever?Ari & I baked cupcakes for her birthday.
Do you have a skin care regime?Yes. I use sunscreen/moisturizer in the am. At night, I always use Manjish Glow Elixir by the Ayurveda Experience, and then I alternate nights between Retin A, Vit C/E serum & Maelove's Night Renewer Glycolic Acid Cream.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Nothing that I can think of at the moment
Do you have a garden? no, my husband does though
How early do you wake each day? I'm normally up by 5:00am...even on the weekends
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? chocolate chip banana bread - I love to bake!
Do you have a skin care regime? Nah

Old 05-25-2019, 09:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? SUMMER
Do you have a garden? no, we really want one and say we are going to every year but we never do
How early do you wake each day? 5-6am
What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? brownies. DD2 would bake all day every day if I let her
Do you have a skin care regime? kind of
Old 05-25-2019, 01:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
  1. Is there something you are looking forward to? My sister (the one I found on 23&Me) is visiting in a couple of weeks.
That's so exciting!!!
Old 05-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sheri - I didn't hear anything about your sister, but it sounds like some kind of reconnecting or newly mtg? Sounds exciting

Kristin - I have no doubt your mojo will come back (soon I hope)! I've had black bean brownies before and they were yummy.

Rebecca - I love mexican food. Being low carb I haven't had tortilla chips in ages but am excited to have found a low carb version and eat them with guac and salsa...yum!

Mari - me too, simple skin care these days. I gave up makeup a few yrs ago and don't even miss it now. Just moisturize and sunscreen works for me.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra - I want to see Aladdin too.

Cindi - enjoy the visit with your son and his fiancee.

Cherry - I love popcorn chicken but haven't figured out a good low carb version for me yet.

Sherly - sounds like a wonderful upcoming holiday back home.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Sheri - I didn't hear anything about your sister, but it sounds like some kind of reconnecting or newly mtg? Sounds exciting
It's a long story, but the condensed version (which is still kind of long, lol) is that I knew my biological father had children from at least one other marriage, but didn't know their names, ages or genders. After taking a 23&Me test last year I matched up with my uncle and oldest sister. I also found an older brother on Ancestry DNA (my biological father was married 3 times over the course of many years). I met my oldest sister for the very first time last August and met my uncle later that month. I've also been in contact with another sister and my oldest brother (he lives a few hours away, but is currently in AK). My younger brother, unfortunately, passed away last month of terminal cancer. We never met and I'm not sure if he even knew I existed.

This is my sister and I when I went to visit her in February:

Old 05-26-2019, 01:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's a long story, but the condensed version (which is still kind of long, lol) is that I knew my biological father had children from at least one other marriage, but didn't know their names, ages or genders. After taking a 23&Me test last year I matched up with my uncle and oldest sister. I also found an older brother on Ancestry DNA (my biological father was married 3 times over the course of many years). I met my oldest sister for the very first time last August and met my uncle later that month. I've also been in contact with another sister and my oldest brother (he lives a few hours away, but is currently in AK). My younger brother, unfortunately, passed away last month of terminal cancer. We never met and I'm not sure if he even knew I existed.

Wow what a story Sheri...all those siblings! Sorry to hear that one passed away before you met him. I can see the resemblance.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Wow what a story Sheri...all those siblings! Sorry to hear that one passed away before you met him. I can see the resemblance.
My story has inspired a lot of friends to take tests! Becky and I look very similar (same height, weight, size, hair, facial features, etc), but I don't look like any of my other siblings. Genetics are a funny thing!
Old 05-26-2019, 03:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Yep,Thomas is one on 30th, although it's kinda bittersweet so I'm looking forward to it and also not looking forward to it

Do you have a garden? I do but I hate it because it's so uneven, we rent too so it's not woth the huge sums of money it would take to sort it. There's a nice even paved bit where the kids can play though so I don't mind too much

How early do you wake each day? Ugh, between 4.30 and 5.30am every single day thanks to the kids, I would love to sleep past 8am just once more

What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? I love baking but don't have much time right now, the last thing I baked was scones last Friday

Do you have a skin care regime? Nope, I should but I don't lol.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1 .Is there something you are looking forward to? Settling into a summer routine so that I can actually accomplish something. I have been off work a week but feel like summer hasn't yet started because things have been so unsettled.
2. Do you have a garden? No. We have tons of room for one, but I really don't know anything about gardening. Our 'garden' area (which was once a really nice vegetable garden when the previous owners lived here is currently sitting under about 9" of water. We have decided that we will use that area for gardening but build raised beds instead of planting in the ground. It is the best area as it is adjacent the orchard and fenced off from the goats and horse.
3. How early do you wake each day? School year, 6:15. During the summer I usually wake around 8:00, though I don't set alarms.
4. What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? The last thing I baked was a casserole. I rarely bake sweets. My daughter has taken over doing that. I hate cooking and baking with a passion!
5. Do you have a skin care regime? I use sunscreen. I exfoliate every few days and I use a moisturizer and yarrow pom oil. I wish I could find something to get rid of my rosacea. I need to see a dermatologist.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

You are really making me want to do a DNA test. I am certain I have half siblings out there somewhere. In the last two years I've found uncles and aunts that I never knew about and my husband was contacted by a daughter he never knew about. Our family has expanded and I love it. I'm terrified to dive deeper into my father's side though.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
You are really making me want to do a DNA test. I am certain I have half siblings out there somewhere. In the last two years I've found uncles and aunts that I never knew about and my husband was contacted by a daughter he never knew about. Our family has expanded and I love it. I'm terrified to dive deeper into my father's side though.
That's really exciting! I think most people that take the tests are open to finding something they weren't expecting. Everyone I've reached out to has been pretty receptive and I'm always receptive when people reach out to me.

I've talked to a lot of people who have no interest or are worried something will upset them, so they decide it's not for them (totally reasonable). My colleague recently found out her parents used a sperm donor to conceive her (they did half and half). She's now met her biological father (he's an orthodontist that lives about a mile from her), the kids he had with his wife (now divorced) and a few other half siblings that were also the product of his sperm donations. Her two older siblings always joked she was adopted because she didn't look much like them, now they all know why.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there something you are looking forward to? Vacation in August - 10 days at the lake to just unwind and relax on the water.

Do you have a garden? Yes - flower gardens and a vegetable garden.

How early do you wake each day? Either 4:30 am or 5:30 am, depending on if I have to work at 6 or 7.

What was the last thing you baked or do you ever? Love to bake - made cranberry orange muffins on Sunday for breakfasts this week.

Do you have a skin care regime? Yes - wash with Dove soap every morning and moisturize with a blend of essential oils.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, I should have answered this on Friday because I could have said I was looking forward to our youngest son's graduation (which was Saturday). Now, I don't have anything (LOL! Sad, right? )

Do you have a garden?
I haven't had a garden in years. I loved gardening, but life took over, and I haven't done it in forever.

Now that DH is working again, during the week, I wake up at about 8:15 to make breakfast for him. I don't set an alarm on the weekend.

I haven't made "baked goods" in a long time. The last thing I baked was a casserole.

I have very oily skin, and never found anything that worked well (zits at 50 are ridiculous!). Then I found Norwex... I love their body cloths and use them every night and morning (no soap or anything else needed). I've only broken out when I don't use them. I should put sunscreen on when I'm out, but always forget.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That's amazing, Sheri!!!
I wouldn't be afraid of what I'd find, but I'm not sure I care enough. My bio dad (I call him "the donor") might have kids out there, but I don't feel any connection to him, so I don't know that I'd feel any connection to them.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm... summer school... I love homeschooling in the summer because it's totally kid driven... this summer Jake wants to learn more about early explorers, classical music composers, do lots of science, and learn greek. I've added a fun around the world geography unit study that I've been wanting to do for four years. Come fall, Jake's school schedule will be very challenge.

Do you have a garden?
No... I just have to look at a plant and it will die... I send Jake over to my mom's to garden.

My husband leaves for work around 6 during the week and 4:30 when he does radio - he always wakes me to say goodbye. I do get up, if I fall back asleep I'm really tired for the rest of the day.

My last name might be Kuchenbecker (german for cake baker), but I really, really hate to bake. I made meatballs tonight for dinner that baked in the oven, does that count? haha

No... *gasp* I know, bad...