Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Weekend Plans?

Hey ladies! Whatcha got goin' for this weekend?!

DH has been working two jobs & going down every other weekend to see his son so the kids are super excited he will be here at home this weekend. Our usual pizza + kids' movie tonight (anyone have any recent grownup movies you recommend I watch after I get the kids to bed?!) & DH will be able to participate since he works his second job M-Th.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to a sister march here in town. I'm equal parts excited & nervous since I'm going on my own (although I know of a few people also going).

We'll have church Sunday, and then I'm not sure what we'll do Sunday afternoon. My birthday is next week so there's been talk of celebrating early (DH will be working both jobs on my actual birthday & we go to my parents' house for dinner Thursdays so we won't actually see each other until 10 pm that night) so we'll see what shakes out.

Is it terrible that my birthday present from DH will be taking both of the kids down to his parents' house next weekend so I can have a couple of days to myself?!

Not that I care if it's terrible or not but I just wanted to know.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah for the sister march! I'm in a suburb of DC, so I'm going to the march there. I'm still working out who I'm going with, but I know lots of people who are going. I've never done anything like this before, but I feel like being this close, I can't not go.

Other than that, we're having a low key weekend because Jason is sick. 😔 No school or work for any of us today because of the inauguration.

As for your birthday present from DH, best gift ever! Not terrible at all to want a little time to be you instead of Mom. I spent the early years of motherhood constantly battling burnout because I didn't get breaks and Ben's special needs made things even harder. When I got one of those rare days off of parenting, I came back a better, more patient mother. (At least for a few days, LOL!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 01-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man no that gift is NOT terrible! That's amazing gift, especially if he's not around much!

We aren't doing much. I need to get the garage sorted out and the rest of the boxes unpacked from our move. I can't for the life of me find a cook book of marcus' and he's super upset about it. I've looked everywhere! Ah! It's nice having most of the boxes unpacked though, and really feeling like this new place is our home now.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just got back from a fabulous little holiday up the coast (beach, water parks, rainforests, etc) this afternoon, so now its unpacking, washing clothes, cleaning the house, etc... exciting stuff. Tomorrow I might go to the pool. Then I want to scrap my holiday pics!!
Old 01-21-2017, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Finally getting the Christmas stuff down...
Old 01-21-2017, 04:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm fighting a bad sinus headache while trying to work on my Disney vacation album from 2015. I'm so far behind but I'm determined to finish it this year!
Old 01-21-2017, 04:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not much going on here...watched some crafty stuff YouTube videos and think I'm going to go make myself a shirt.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:29 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Rebecca you are not alone. I still have to finish mine. For the weekend we have been out looking at new RV's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk