Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up Weight Watchers weigh in for week 6/17 to 2/23

Looks like last week was another amazing week!! Congrats ladies on your losses. I am down 1.8 lbs this week which lets me hit the 30 lb lost mark!! So excited for that. Still have a ways to go, but it is coming off and that is what matters. Good luck with your weigh ins this week, can't wait to see your numbers!!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

you are awesome melissa!! i've been really slack the past THREE weeks - i didn't lose/gain anything the first two weeks, but i finally gained this week - 2 lbs. hoping to lose that plus another 2 this week!!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 06-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are all so motivating! Melissa - WTG on your 30 lbs! That's awesome And bummer on the 2 lb gain Dana - it will come off this next week!

Yesterday I decided to stop doing WW online and sign up for the meetings. I found out that my work has a reimbursement program for attending meetings so it just made more sense for me to do the meetings over online only. So I am excited to start the lifestyle change - and to share it all with you (I really think going to the meetings will make me be more accountable - having someone else weigh me in each week and being there to help is really what I need)

Old 06-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Melissa!! I'm so happy for you!

Dana, good luck this week. I am sure you can meet your goal.

Erin, I think it is great that your company has a program that helps you in that way. I wish my company did. My sister's insurance company has a program for weight loss too. She signed up and when she met her weight loss goal they gave her $500. A year later, she reweighed in and had maintained her weight and they gave her $1,500. It is a once in a lifetime benefit, but it really motivated both her and her husband to lose the extra weight. They had a nice vacation on some of their "fat" money. lol
Old 06-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Dana, sorry about the gain. You will get that off quick. Erin, that is awesome news your company will reimburse you for it!! Can't wait to see your results!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Way to go Melissa!!!!! We've had a pretty heavy eating weekend, but I've been running too so maybe it will balance out and I can make up for it before Friday's weigh-in.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:59 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Way to go Melissa!!! And, sorry about your loss Dana - but I'll sure you'll kick butt this week and be back in gear. Good luck with starting the meetings, Erin! Can't wait to see how things go for you.

I weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'm not feeling very optimistic. I've been pretty good this week - haven't had a lot of parties, I went walking every weekday, and I've been eating pretty well and tracking everything. But, it just doesn't seem like anything's happening. We'll see.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
Way to go Melissa!!! And, sorry about your loss Dana - but I'll sure you'll kick butt this week and be back in gear. Good luck with starting the meetings, Erin! Can't wait to see how things go for you.

I weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'm not feeling very optimistic. I've been pretty good this week - haven't had a lot of parties, I went walking every weekday, and I've been eating pretty well and tracking everything. But, it just doesn't seem like anything's happening. We'll see.
Lydia, I don't know if this is normal or not, but I've noticed with me that I usually have a few weeks of "ho hum" losses followed by a week of a big loss, then back to a few more ho hum ones. As long as I stick to the program, I end up losing an average of 1.5 to 2 lbs over the month long period though, so I have stopped sweating those off weeks. I think it may just be the way my body adjusts itself. Perhaps you will notice the same thing.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Okay - so it wasn't too bad after all. I lost .6 lbs. Not fantastic, but good enough. Since I was expecting not-so-great numbers today, I measured my waist and hips to see if I could get a boost from that. I've lost another 1/2 inch on my waist and 1.5 inches on my hips. So, that is all good news.

Thanks for the words of encouragement girls.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh guys I fell off the wagon...for the past 2 weeks I did not go to the meetings and I have been eating like a pig. Starting this week on a clean slate and will face that scale on Wednesday.

Melissa...OMW I am so happy for you! 30 LBS!!! Thats awesome! And Dana...you are not alone but I am so proud of you for just sticking with it! it takes a lot!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Melissa - Congrats on hitting the 30 lbs mark! I bet you feel great!
Dana - Sorry to hear about the gain, but everyone is right; you'll lose it quickly.
Erin - I'm envious that your company helps with the cost of going to meetings. I wish I had that option because I'd totally love to go. Even every other week would help!
Lydia - A loss is a loss! How exciting about your measurments!!! I need to take mine tonight so that I can see what I'm losing. I already feel skinnier in some areas.
Mari - yeah for you for getting back on the program. Just do it!
Tracy - Hopefully Friday will show a loss for you. All that exercise has to help.

I was quite surprised to step on the scale this morning and see that I had lost 3.6 pounds this week for a total loss of 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I was super conservative last week. Especially since we visited my in-laws over the weekend. My mother-in-law kept telling me she felt sorry for me that I couldn't eat what they were eating, but I kept myself full with low point and healthy options.

Now to keep things going this week and add a few more days of walking after dinner or in the morning. It's 3 1/2 weeks until we leave on vacation and I'm still hoping to have lost 20 pounds total by then. Or maybe enough to be down a size and be able to buy a few new things to wear for our trip.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ah Mari, we all have our bad weeks. It's good you notice it and are ready to jump back on the wagon. You can do it!! Juli, AMAZING numbers this week!! Congrats!!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

WTG Juli!!! New clothes are a great incentive

Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, new clothes will be a wonderful thing - as will a haircut. Those are my two rewards for the first 20 because I'll be needing both. LOL!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've put off buying new clothes right now. I still remember when I did WW pre-baby and as soon as I hit my big goal I went nuts on the clothes. I want to buy that size again

Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I must be weird because I haven't wanted to do a whole lot of shopping, even though I really need to as my jeans are looking way too baggy. I did go to Goodwill with my sister the other day and get a few nice shirts for only a few bucks. I guess because I still feel I have a long way to go, I'm not into spending money on clothes at this size.

Mari, I am having a terrible week this week and fully expect to gain at my weigh in on Saturday. I am retaining a boatload of water in this heat, so I am not going to beat myself up terribly if I do. I will be upset with myself, probably kick my scale a little and then move on. It is a marathon after all.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

One word for me....SLACKER

I seriously need motivation because I have none. I WANT to lose weight but NEED that jumstart, the desire to want to do I. I wake up telling myself that today is the day I am going to start counting points again but then I have a waffle, slice of pizza and it all goes downhill from there. I still have 30-35 lbs to lose and can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. After baby #3 it came off so quickly after I got in the right mindset but after baby #4 I haven't gotten there yet.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I only lost 0.6 this week...bummer! I really think I exercised too much. That sounds funny, but I tend to not lose as much those weeks...maybe I'm gaining muscle.

Anyway, down -28.8 total. I have one week to make my 30 pound goal and it's going to be a tough one with my son's birthday and my nephews here next week so we'll be out and about doing things. I'm going to try really hard though.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Woot Tracy, that is still a loss!!! You are so, so close to the 30 lb mark!! You will definitely get it this next week!! Congrats!! I know I am gonna have a bad weigh in this week. I have not been eating good (stress eating) and I have bloated like a freakin, well I don't know so I know it will be a gain week for me. I am gonna knock it all off next week though.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Traci!! Gaining muscle will help you keep losing, so it's a good thing.

Kim, this thread is very supportive, so if you need motivation, check it out. I know that I am always motivated by how well the other ladies are doing.

Weighed in this morning and I lost .3 lbs this week, for which I am extremely grateful, because I really backslid. I didn't track one day this week and ate a lot of things I knew I shouldn't. I am recommitting myself to tracking and doing better next week. I still have a long way to go, a while a little backslide isn't the end of the world, I refuse to continue the trend!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That's a loss Lorie, so that is awesome!!!