Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Did you make a scrapping goal? What?

So, I am still debating what my scrap goals are going to be this year. The last two years I have accomplished 3/4, so I am doing pretty well with it. I am thinking this year that I want to finish both my 2008 and 2009 books AND get them printed in a hardbound book. I did 2007 for last year's goal, and it looks awesome! The monthly challenge also got me thinking about a personal book about me. Plus-I want to create a heritage book, but that feels overwhelming.

What is your scrapping goal?

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try not to set goals because it sucks the fun out of scrapping for me. I would love to do as many pages as I did last year (about 230ish) if not a few more.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i dont set goals either.Tho i am planning on trying to do as many of the challenges this year as possible, especially the book of me.

I should make my goal to actually print my layouts tho...i had a bunch printed last year and i love them! Need to do more of that in 2010.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No goals for me, either!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is the first year that I am actually setting some goals .. I took last year off so I did 0! I am going to be modest this year and say 150 but I would really like to get at least 300 done.

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am aiming for 104 pages - 2 a week and completing enough challenges each month here to get at least 20% off 6 times during the year

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my only goals are to keep up with my Log Your Memory calendar and my Project 365 whatever I scrap in between is a bonus...plus I will be inthe process of getting ready for retirement in a year! {just from the military!}
Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

The only scrapping goal I have made is to complet the P365 with 1 photo a day and 1 layout a week other that that - just scrap whan I feel like and I so love to scrap LOL

Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, my goal was to finish a book for my niece and nephew so I can use my coupon with Shutterfly for my free book. I'm about half way done, but the coupon expires Jan 16. I need a few days off work and I might be able to pump out the pages for it. I also need to finish my son's band books for his junior and senior year. He's in college now! LOL!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always tend to scrap random photos from random dates....and then end up feeling like I'll never get it all done!! So my goal this year is to scrap my 2010 pics from week to week, and then when I have time in between, to catch up on my pics from '07/'08/'09.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Actually, I have no goal other than I would like to keep enjoying scrapbooking the way I did in 2009.

For me, setting goals in hobby partly spoils the pleasure and deadlines remind me of work (I have a heavily DL-based job). Of course, once you do something date-oriented, like a birthday present, you have to stick to a date, more or less, but even there it's no big deal with adult people if you're a bit behind.

This is the reason why I don't want to commit myself to P365 or why I haven't participated in challenges so far.

There's so little free time, so I just want to use it for what I'm enjoying -- be it scrapbooking or any other of my numerous hobbies.

It's the same like keeping my website -- I learned some years ago that it can be up-to-date only at the cost of me becoming its slave. And I'd like to stay the master.

That said, I admire everyone who can keep up with P365, challenges etc. -- hats off to you ladies!

Last edited by adrianka; 01-03-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE Lizzy's goal! So, I am going to copy it.
I have so many "old" pics that haven't been scrapped so, I throw those in with current and now my 2009 didn't get completely scrapped. So, I want to make sure I get 2010 done. If I have time for the rest I will do them in between. I also want to keep up with my P365 and journal the everyday better than I did in 2009.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 01-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am planning to actually print some layouts this year, and scrap more chronologically. I'm so random though, that the second part might never happen LOL.

I also want to make 250 pages, whether I print or not.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm finishing up my project 365-2009 (I had to stop in September because life got crazy)... but I'm taking daily photos again this year and my goal is to stay caught up. Between that and my CT pages, I don't think I'll set a goal for anything else...
though I would like to go back and scrap baby books for my kids and participate in the challenges here... being a full-time teacher and then coming home to the kids I don't have as much time as I'd wish for (at least not until summer!)

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my goal that i have been thinking about since Dec is about how to scrap faster and threfore complete more pages and get thru more photos so my plan is:

* use templates, esp. multi photo ones
* use a plain white (bucket fill BG) - will make my 2010 pages look more coherent when printed)
* scrap more centrally - so i wont have to reorganise or worry about the edgs being lost when i send them to print
* and use more minimalist embellishing - think paislee press/ taylor made style where the photos and journalling/word art are key
* ....and scrap from just one kit or one designer really per LO, as the CIndy scrap method which i usually try to do, so i feel like i'm actually using my $$ stash, is so time consuming for me given how unorganised i feel (cos i dont tag stuff and picassa has been taking forever to loAd)

there! i feel better and more positive i can achieve this already!

CT for Britt-ish Designs & Amy Jaz Designs
Fan of SSD
Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Those are some good ideas. I also want to use more templates (and design my own for future use). I also need to scrap a little more central because some words in my 2007 book were cut out-which is a totally bummer.

I think after reading the majority of these, I think my goals will be to complete both the 2008 and 2009 books, since I think that is the most important-get it all done and printed so I can finally share them with my family.

Thanks ladies!

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits