Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Growing up I had a group of girlfriends that were a few years older than me. They always had "cool" nicknames for me and I thought it was cool that they included me in their fun. So, my nicknames were Terra Cotta (as in the clay), Teradactyl (like the flying bird dinosaur) and Tiramisu (the coffee cake dessert). My fav was Terra Cotta but I wanted it spelled like my name so I changed it over the years to Taracotta. Then I added 7 because that was my favorite number as a kid and it just has stuck around. I have NO idea why it was my favorite! LOL Taracotta7 is NEVER taken on forums so it works.

BTW.....I am still called those nicknames by those girls. We have remained friends for over two decades!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Yes, the Catskills are gorgeous I adore NY and would love to move back to my hometown area, but it's just so dang expensive. And I would not want to deal with the commute into the city everyday, which is where I would most likely have to find a job. We got married back there this past fall and it was just perfect
Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tettletop20 View Post
OMG I swear I remember your username from iVillage!
You do, she was there the same time I was! LOL! Actually, so was Vanessa and Katrina (twentytinytoes).
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

mine is fairly obvious, I of course made it up when I only had 3 kids so it's actually a pretty ridiculous username now, but I won't change it because I use it EVERYWHERE and I just know I'd forget to change it somewhere and when I would try and go and sign in I'd get that damn "error" message and it would just tick me off to no end!!! So I'll just go on denying my last 2 children till the end of time ....at least on the internet!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is super boring- Amber is my first name and my last name initial is K. Im so not creative when it comes to usernames.

Although- when I signed up for an online dating site where I ultimately met my husband my mom came up with flygirl74 because she had gotten me a piece of amber with a fly that was inside of it therefore flygirl and 74 is the year I was born. But I didnt like it because guys got the wrong idea and I surely wouldnt consider myself "fly" as the slang term goes! LOL!

Last edited by AmberK; 07-26-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Mine is just mine name..but I am quite happy with that. I transitioned to digital scrapping by making signature tags over on the MSN boards before they closed. I ran my own group for years. The tagging community knows me as RebelChick-->Rebel because I just do my own thing and don't follow the crowd and Chick so that everyone would know I was a girl.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

NeverendingJen-

Neverending(as in fairytales, I am a wee bit obsessed) and Jen(My real name...or at least part of it)......
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I've had mine since way back in the AOL days.

Ks - Kansas (where I live)
cwgirl - cowgirl
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I need a new name..pretty sure my husband doesn't like me using my OLLLLLD name pre-him..pre-kids..pre-scrapping...

who wants to come up with one? I am still bratty...a big brat actually but no longer a brat that flirts
I told you my suggestion

Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i have an emma, and i'm her mommy

i really wanted to change my username when my youngest dd was born but never have.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

I'm just loving this thread! So much fun to hear the stories behind the names!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Mine is simple. I am a Mom and I used to be a HUGE gamer. Not so much these days but my husband still works for the Xbox Team so it still seems fitting. Oh yeah and all my kids play xbox as well.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no creativity with usernames so mine is the first 3 letters of my first name, the first 3 letters of my last name and the 75 has absolutely no meaning. I'd loved to change it but I have no clue what I'd change it to AND to try and change it everywhere would be a total pain, so I live with it.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Totally love all your answers. I feel very satisfied as a thread starter. :-)

Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
i have an emma, and i'm her mommy

i really wanted to change my username when my youngest dd was born but never have.
When I learned to read as a kid, once of the first sentences was (in Slovak, of course): "Emma has Mommy. Mommy has Emma." :-)

Old 07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
mine is fairly obvious, I of course made it up when I only had 3 kids so it's actually a pretty ridiculous username now, but I won't change it because I use it EVERYWHERE and I just know I'd forget to change it somewhere and when I would try and go and sign in I'd get that damn "error" message and it would just tick me off to no end!!! So I'll just go on denying my last 2 children till the end of time ....at least on the internet!!!
Moral of the story: Never base your nick on the number of your kids if you plan to have more. :-D

Old 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's my name and it's usually available on forums when I sign up. When it's not, I add my last initial (S).
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is the coolest thread ever!

My name is Kjersti so I chose that as my user name! Most people have no clue it's my real name since it's spelled so weird with that dang silent "J". My mother just wanted to TORTURE me my whole entire life!!!!! ROFL.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Libby and I'm her Mommy Pretty much the same story as Laura (emmasmommy),
I wanted to change my username after I had Claire and I just never have done it...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

profile gallery

What a thread!!! I love it. Probably 10 years ago, my hubby and I were trying to find a username. So his name is Larry and we love chevys
SO Kate 'N Larry chevys=knlchevys
Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tettletop20 View Post
Love this question!

Back in high school when I had to come up with a username for my email, I really liked Mickey Tettleton (a baseball player for the Detroit Tigers at the time) and I also liked the movie Top Gun. So tettletop was born - I added the 20 on at the end b/c that was Mickey's # when he was with the team. tettletop20

On twitter I am nascarl99. I'm a huge (HUGE) fan of Carl Edwards - Nascar driver. Nascar+Carl+his number=nascarl99.
Wow I would NEVER have figured out your user name!! lol

Mine is pretty self explanatory ... "Sharon" was taken on any of the digi scrapping forums ... and my middle name is Kay ... thus Sharon Kay ... which my mom likes because that is what she calls me.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post

My name is Kjersti so I chose that as my user name! Most people have no clue it's my real name since it's spelled so weird with that dang silent "J". My mother just wanted to TORTURE me my whole entire life!!!!! ROFL.
I figured your first name started with K ... and Jersti was your last name. I have never seen this spelling before. Moms! lol

My kids names are "common" ... so easy to spell and easy to find things with their names on it in stores.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks again.

To all who think using their real name as user name is boring - if I wasn't so used to Helen Vader I'd be sure to use Adrianka instead. My real name is Adriana. Adrianka is the diminutive form that I've used for years as signature on my graphic layouts (also owned the domain adrianka.sk for a year, but wasn't able to do anything with it, as I already had and was using helenvader.net). I like it; it's just I'm too used to my virtual persona using the Helen variant instead!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I can never find kid name things @ stores..With the exception of Ryleigh my kid's names are pretttty uncommon lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Kjersti is beautiful! At first I thought you were Scandinavian because of that name. I do pronounce the "j" in my mind as [kyersti], with Swedish accent and all, and believe me it's lovely that way. :-)))

Old 07-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I first started hanging on the net.. I used Boo Boo Kitty (from Laverne and Shirley..it's her stuffed black cat) for a long time..then shortened it to BBK when I joined babycenter in '98.

So when I started digiscrapping in '05 I needed something a little more "grownup" or something easier to remember.. so it became lisabranka.

Lisa for my first name, then the first two letters in the names of the rest of my family. Many people figured my last name was Branka because my last name does start with a B LOL

love these kind of threads

Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We lived a block away from a 7-11 when I was in Univ., and we went for slurpees pretty much every day, so I became known as the slurpeegirl (because they make me so hyper) ... and 13 is my family's lucky number.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, thank you so much!!! Most people in the States pronounce it "Kajerstee". My great great granparents are Scandinavian. My grandmother spoke Swedish and her mother (who I was named after) didn't speak any English at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenvader View Post
Kjersti is beautiful! At first I thought you were Scandinavian because of that name. I do pronounce the "j" in my mind as [kyersti], with Swedish accent and all, and believe me it's lovely that way. :-)))
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is in two parts.

Nanie - My name is Stephanie and hubby calls me Nanie for short.
Namou - Love in French is "amour", so Namou is how I call hubby.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Um. Well. Hmmm...

Been using this in scrapping communities for over 10 years.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I need a new name..pretty sure my husband doesn't like me using my OLLLLLD name pre-him..pre-kids..pre-scrapping...

who wants to come up with one? I am still bratty...a big brat actually but no longer a brat that flirts
BrattyMcBratterston
Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine's pretty simple, but has a cute story. Some of you might know Genevieve, she used to designs as Sweet Genevieve. Well, she & I are really good friends IRL. Actually, she's the one that got me started into digiscrapping. Well, her husband was making fun of us one day when we were talking about digiscrapping & he was like, "Y'all need your own show, & you can call it 'Digiscrapping w/Sweet Genevieve & Digideb'." So, that is where I got my user name. Obviously my name is Debbie & a lot of people just call me Deb.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I always wondered how to pronounce it! Now, I'm glad to know that I'm one of those million people who pronounced it Kajerstee. lol But, I knew it couldn't be right. & darn mothers! lol
Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
Mine's pretty simple, but has a cute story. Some of you might know Genevieve, she used to designs as Sweet Genevieve. Well, she & I are really good friends IRL. Actually, she's the one that got me started into digiscrapping. Well, her husband was making fun of us one day when we were talking about digiscrapping & he was like, "Y'all need your own show, & you can call it 'Digiscrapping w/Sweet Genevieve & Digideb'." So, that is where I got my user name. Obviously my name is Debbie & a lot of people just call me Deb.
I know Sweet Genevieve! I mean, not personally, but I can remember her designs. Good story. :-)

Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh, thank you so much!!! Most people in the States pronounce it "Kajerstee". My great great granparents are Scandinavian. My grandmother spoke Swedish and her mother (who I was named after) didn't speak any English at all!!
So I guessed it right, it *is* a Scandinavian name! :-) I totally love Swedish, I learned it during my university studies just for fun. Forgot most of it by now as I had no opportunity to use it. But Kjersti really sounds beautiful with Swedish pronunciation - that language has a most wonderful melody. :-)

Old 07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOVE this thread, LOL!!

Mine is GATOR (g8r) Beckie...
My hubby and I are both Florida Gators...as in the University of Florida. So I certainly couldn't have any type of username that didn't pay homage to my beloved Florida Gators!

problem is...I realize now that people not into sports (or in the US)...frequently read it as GR8 (like GREAT beckie), not GATOR beckie

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is my first name and an abbreviated version of my last name. I think it's just easier to use a "real" name.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Another boring one here with an "L" for my first name, and my last name "Tarbox." I have had people tell me, though, that they read it as "litterbox." And, a lot of people also turn the "L" into an "i." But, I can see how that's a really easy mistake to make.

Kjersti - I LOVE that spelling of your name, but I can see how it could be a pain too. I have a friend named Kjrstin. We always just called her K.J.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I'm totally unique. Kristen B. Beale. Wow, that's a fun username, eh? LOL I've had it for years and thats what I am EVERYWHERE.

~K
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
I can never find kid name things @ stores..With the exception of Ryleigh my kid's names are pretttty uncommon lol
I can't either Meg, with the exception of my oldest Sydney, but it's usually "boy colors" and she's a girl!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Mine came to be when I opened an online store on hyenacart.com where I sold premade scrapbook albums (traditional sb). I was reading a writing curriculum book for work and the author talked about telling the kids that writing doesn't have to be about anything huge, but to use the small moments of every day. I thought it was perfect b/c that's what scrapbooking is about for me, too. I don't have the store anymore... but the name transferred over from traditional to digital scrapbooking.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My username came from an online MMORPG game (Everquest) back in 2001. I was creating my character, and some weird name came up with the last part as wena, and I changed it to Ainwena from a randomly generated name from the game. Since then, it has been my username for all my chars in MMORPGs and everything else. I always get funny looks when I tell people my email address. Most of my online friends (who I don't talk to outside of the games) call me Ain . The weird thing is, I answer to it! LOL

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits
Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainwena View Post
My username came from an online MMORPG game (Everquest) back in 2001. I was creating my character, and some weird name came up with the last part as wena, and I changed it to Ainwena from a randomly generated name from the game. Since then, it has been my username for all my chars in MMORPGs and everything else. I always get funny looks when I tell people my email address. Most of my online friends (who I don't talk to outside of the games) call me Ain . The weird thing is, I answer to it! LOL
eee! I play EQ2, hehehe!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I've had my username forevah ~ well at least since I (finally) married my hubby after 10 years of dating him. So my username consists of my initials (gms) and our wedding date (5-9-97). I've been dying for a new cool username, but still haven't gotten around to it. Any suggestions?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Military Momma=milmomma Had it for years.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you've ever misspelled my name by putting two Ns in it, you get my username.
Check out my sig if you need another hint.

I have been using this on EVERYTHING since forever, probably at least 10 years. I saw someone's username once that was "KristyYnotI" (Kristy, Y not I) or something, and it sparked the idea for joana-one-N (joana1n). It's awesome b/c no one else uses it.

Fun thread!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine's super boring. Just my name.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Kjersti, too. And since I have a Norwegian friend with that name I figured it had the "y" sound in there lol.
Love all your stories about your names, ladies.
Mine, unfortunately, is not an interesting story. My full first name is unpronounceable to most everyone in the world lol, and after I moved to the US, and then to China, I decided to simply go for the short version - Sula.
When I first started posting layouts in the gallery, I had no intention of getting any more involved than that, so I didn't think much of a nick name, simply thought: I'm Sula, I'm designing layouts, well, that's it! lol!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL! The best is waiting for the doctor or dentist and having them ask for Kajerstee!!! I get so embarassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
I always wondered how to pronounce it! Now, I'm glad to know that I'm one of those million people who pronounced it Kajerstee. lol But, I knew it couldn't be right. & darn mothers! lol
Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

letumom

When my youngest daughter started college (600 miles away from home), my older daughter had dropped out of school and was working. I wanted a way to keep in touch with my younger daughter, and hotmail has just been introduced.

The college she chose was Le Tourneau University. LeTU + mom. I didn't even think about including anything in my user name that represented my other daughter's school.

Now I've used this sooooo many places: forums, email, facebook. I don't think I could change it if I wanted to.

Portfolios:
May June

Proud to be a Creative Team member for SusDesigns