Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default Heartburn from Hades...

ok so...i have given up caffeine for um...10 days now (I did cheat and had a tea yesterday b/c i had a crazy headache)

anyways..I made my first trip to Chick Fil A and didn't order tea..proud?? Instead I got diet lemonade and now my throat is on fire from the massive heartburn this acid has given me....

I did take some of my dd's prevacid but no idea if it'll work anytime soon..I need something that works right away as I'm aching

anyways just wanted y'all to know....

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my ADD has kicked in and i'm totally unfocused..I apologize now if the tracker isn't finished by the time rewards come around (just kinda kidding)...i'm obviously stalling (hey i only have 1 page to go)

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Meg...you can do 1-2 tsp baking soda and cold water - not tasty, but it's fast. Tums or some other fast-acting reliever would be good.

If you're not normally affected by milk, drinking 1/2 glass might help. I am, so it would just make the burn harder

Also, a bit of pickle juice or apple cider vinegar is another relief..drink a bit out of the pickle jar or mix some apple cider vinegar and some water and sip on it a bit.

These are the one's I used while I was preg. and had it bad. (or didn't in the case of milk, but my grandmother always used it).
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No advice just wanted to say.....awwww Poor Meg!

I gave up my diet coke yesterday after weaning myself off of it for a few days. I sure miss it today.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to RealRach

Neenee why'd you go and do something so silly as that?? *swigs her own...ahhhh...*xoxo
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry Meg, that sounds crap No advice other than stand on your head, do fifty cartwheels and bounce on the trampolene for twenty minutes - by then you'll feel so sick you'll have forgotten about the heartburn

You stopped drinking Diet Coke!?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealRach View Post
Neenee why'd you go and do something so silly as that?? *swigs her own...ahhhh...*xoxo
I have two on the go here - one on each side of my laptop
Old 06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

TY Darcy I did the milk thing before I read this

the pickle juice/vinegar thing I don't think I'll be able to get it down..i have a crazy gag/smell reflex and that just makes me a little sick just thinking about..the smell would do me in but if it gets dire I'll maybe attempt it lol..

it's easing up some now...I think the fact I kept drinking it after I was already hurting wasn't a good idea lol....

Neenee I was drinking about 3 DDP's a day :0/ not to mention the tea and stuff in between...I'm sleeping sooooooooo good now though..with the exception of last night I've been in bed by 10-11pm for a week now!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

First, that is awesome that you've kicked the caffeine habit. I'm still working on it; managed to now go to Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I just can't seem to beat the soda addiction <sigh>...anyway I have a tendency to get heartburn and have taken vinegar pills as well as the prescription form of Zegerid (they now sell it over the counter). Both work pretty quick for me so if you give either a try I hope it works for ya.
Second, I've tried many other drinks to get away from soda/caffeine (water, lemonade, tea, Gatorade) and actually found I had heartburn more. Maybe I'm just weird..rofl.

Good luck and I hope you feel a little relief from it soon.

Debbie
Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

sorry Meg No ideas on the heartburn other than Tums, but wanted to recommend Excedrin Migraine for that weaning off time. It has caffeine in it, so it can help with the caffeine headaches as you taper off.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was going to suggest milk as well. I had heartburn pretty bad last night and took one of my husbands heartburn pills. He has to take them everyday because he gets heartburn ALL. THE. TIME!!

Oh and that is awesome you gave up caffine I dont drink Pepsi's hardly anymore but I just cannot kick the sweet tea habit. I figure it has less caffine then Pepsi does though (or I think it does LOL). I probably have about 24-32 ounces of tea everyday.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

If i'm gonna have caffeine I don't want it in the form of excedrin lol..rather have the tea *snort*

I did take some advil with it..the headache i can kinda deal with just wanted to gripe about my heartburn. It's eased up and thankfully I haven't had the problem really before today.

I've been drinking a ton of water usually with 1/2 a crystal light packet mixed (a whole pkg is way too strong IMO) with it..gives me a variety and I haven't missed the tea or ddp's much at all!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Good for you Meg!

I weaned myself down to 1-2 diet pepsi a day, but I can't give it up completely. I think part of it is the caffiene, part is, I just love it LOL. It's become part of my routines or something! LOL

I have taken the Excedrin Migraine for the headaches, and it works well. I also like the Advil Extra Strength Liquigels.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

WTG Meg!

I've been totally off soda since the beginning of Lent...and let me tell you - it's astounding! My family can't believe it, my husband cheers me on and is amazed that I'm still sticking to it. I have few cravings now..just situational cravings more than anything - at the movies and after eating Tex-Mex. Then I crave like mad.

I do still drink tea because it's not the caffeine I was trying to get off, but the HFCS (I can't do diet), and the carbonation which is equally bad, and getting to more natural drinks...infused teas and water.

But I can't drink room temperature water. It gives me heartburn. Seriously. It needs to be cooled. I don't know why...but it does. It's so weird.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Darcy I totally get random heartburn from water!!! No necessarily room temp water, but I def have random instances where I get heartburn and all I've drank for 3 days is water, lol.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I had heartburn once in my life, wow, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

pickle juice worked instantly. Maybe if you don't drink the juice, just eat a few pickles?

Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Tiffany's Tidbits
Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh - no fun. I had horrible, horrible heartburn with both pregnancies and it totally sucks.

If you want a solution for the future, get some papaya enzymes.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had it horrible with both my pregnancies too..chocolate would set mine off really bad for some reason...I kept a bottle of cherry mylanta in the fridge and would literally just down it sometimes lol..keeping it cold helped soothe it instantly though.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I had it horrible with both my pregnancies too..chocolate would set mine off really bad for some reason...I kept a bottle of cherry mylanta in the fridge and would literally just down it sometimes lol..keeping it cold helped soothe it instantly though.
I kept a bottle in the bathroom, bedside, purse, coffee table and kitchen. I had heartburn like crazy the duration of both pregnancies. But as soon as they pulled the boys out it stopped. Now I only get it if I eat raw carrots which I love. I suffer for the carrots.