Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-27-2020, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 01/27 Mondays

Monday is my least favorite day of the week. So my question today is....

What does your Monday look like usually? Tell me about it.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mondays is usually the biggest work day for me as one of my clients likes to binge dictate over the wkend from home, catching up on files from the previous wk that he hadn't dictated yet. So he does some on Friday night, Sat and Sun, then emails it all to me early Monday morning. He wants it all done on Monday and sent back to him, plus I get the new stuff throughout the day trickling through to me. So, Monday's I take a few breaks here and there but generally work until about 9 pm. I stop for meals and walking Taz and get some scrapping and/or forum time in, but I have to be diligent and make sure my work is getting done. Luckily the rest of the week is easier. I love working at home but it does mean that I can't leave the office, go home and forget about it. I am at home, so deadlines, urgent files, etc can come in anywhere from 6 am to 9 pm although generally anything after about 6 I can leave til the next day but I try to get it all done so the next starts with a clean slate.

Monday dinners are always something super fast and easy so I don't have to waste a lot of time cooking and prepping.

Good thing I don't mind typing and am really fast at it
Old 01-27-2020, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work FT so Mondays are not my favorite, because I enjoy my time away from work so very much! (I don't hate my job, it's just that I like being home better! LOL!)

My Mondays include generating lots of reports for the previous week - labor reporting, productivity reporting, scoresheets and KPI's. Our distribution center is going through a lot of changes at the moment - one division is leaving and another is coming in - so there are tons of moving pieces and many of us having to travel at any given moment. It's chaotic and I'm not crazy about that! That being said, I'm very very grateful I have a good job!
Old 01-27-2020, 03:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like Monday's because kids go back to school and hubby is back and work and I get to reset. I usually do the grocery shopping on Monday and then try and get the house back in order after the weekend. Now if I was working, I would not like Mondays either. But for now, I enjoy it.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Mondays!!! I work FT as a recruiter for a local trucking company, and I'm also the front desk AND administrative assistant to human resources and operations. My hubby works on the lathes in a lumber mill and he has monthly rotating day/night shifts. And we have 6 kids, whom we have all 6 together every other weekend. Some Mondays are way more hectic than others, but they are always super busy.

Today Monday looks like this.
Work until 4PM: applications, responding to /updating ads, catching up on anything that came in over the weekend. Lining up the week for new ads, etc. Responding to any unemployment claims. Reassigning weekly safety inspections, etc. Meeting out of the office to review a new drug/alcohol testing facility. Any other random stuff that gets thrown my way.

Home: Hubby is on night shift, so he's off today, but we have all the kids and his boys go to school 40 minutes from our house. Then my oldest has a basketball game, and my youngest has basketball practice. Making lasagna soup, breadsticks and salad for dinner.

I don't hate my job, I don't love every aspect of my job, but I'd defintely be happier if I could work from home doing something I LOVE every day. But we like good food, have expensive hobbies and like "stuff". I am super thankful that my job is pretty flexible so I can work pretty much whatever hours I want as long as my jobs are done.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm usually pretty ready for Monday when it rolls around after a nice relaxing weekend. I'm also a medical trancriptionist. My day starts around 6 a.m. usually, although sometimes I alter that based on how late we stayed up the previous night. I drink some tea and check forums and email quickly, then I start to work. I also homeschool, so on and off I stop and help the kids as they need it. Now that they are all older, they do a lot independently, so it is much less of a workload than it used to be. I take breaks from typing to do chores: laundry, dishes, and animal care, and also to eat. Then when Todd gets home from work around 4ish, I start preparing dinner. Usually Mondays are a pretty laid back, quick meal because he has dart league in the evenings, so I try to get dinner ready by 5. A lot of evenings we play board or card games together as a family, but normally since he's gone at darts Mondays, it's my "me time." I put on a show - currently Downton Abbey - and scrap or just chill. Monday evenings are a lot different from the other days of the week for me, but I do like my TV/scrap time. Todd gets back around 10ish, and then we usually go to bed.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mondays are my FAVORITE day of the week. The hubby goes to work, kids go to school & it's jut the dog & I to do chores & have the house to ourselves. I get A LOT done- all the laundry, usually tidying up from the weekend, as well as catching up on my scrapbooking!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Monday means back to work and school for all of us.
Hubby gets up at 4am, I get up around 5:30am, get myself up and done, then get the two that are still home out the door by 6:25. Then I try to walk for about 30 minutes.
Home by 7 so my littles can start arriving. Then breakfast, stories, playtime, snack, diapers, potty training, projects, maybe a walk or outside time, till lunch, then nap (Mondays they all nap at the same time so I can actually have a small break, I looking forward to having then all nap the same by summer), the more of the morning activities till the mommas and daddies come to pick up.
Then cooking dinner, clean up and then hopefully a chance to sit and relax (Unless someone has an activity or doctors appointment).

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-27-2020, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

At the moment, I have Mondays off so I take the kids to school by 8:30 and then have the day to catch up on errands, housework, and appointments. This usually involves grocery shopping, personal (hair, nails, etc.) or doctor appointments, and meetings. If I don't have any of those things going on, I'll come home to scrap or nap. I pick up the kids at after-school care (it's a weekly rate so I pay the same whether they go all 5 days or just one) earlier than I do on days I work, and if we need to, we'll run kid-related errands like haircuts or going to the library before heading home for dinner.

This particular Monday, I was supposed to meet with my new wellness coach in the morning and then attend a local non-profit networking meeting in the afternoon but my cold came back for round 2 Sunday morning so instead I took the kids to school and took a long nap before attempting to do chores or errands.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Once upon a time I liked Mondays... back when I was a SAHM.

Mondays are so inconsistent here. I work at a school and we just never know how the kids' weekends are. If they've had a good weekend, we have a good day. If they've had a lousy one, it could easily go the other way.

I teach STEM lab every other week. This is a STEM week. Mondays are usually crazy on STEM weeks but today went really well. Over all, it was very much a Monday, but I can't say it was bad.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Right now, Mondays are good. It is one of the days that I work from home. I usually clock in between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. I take my hour for lunch, and then I clock out 9 hours after I clocked in. I usually try to make something for dinner (versus getting something out of the freezer) since I am basically free around 5:00; when I work at the office, I'm usually home about 6:00 and don't have much time to cook a decent dinner. After dinner, hubby and I will watch some TV and then I will check emails or scrap.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Monday’s are like any other day around here. My mum works late the night before so consequently I’m up late. My day usually starts with breakfast around 10-11, then I’ll check emails, job boards, facebook. I usually then sit down and plan my week in terms of what job applications I have to do that week knowing that Tuesday and Friday are family days. Then I’ll get stuck into any urgent work before I have lunch around 2-3. If I’m preparing for any job interviews I’ll spend time during the day on that as well which depending on where the interview is could also involve organising travel arrangements. I usually have a rest in the late afternoon too or maybe scrap if i’m inspired until family get home just after 9pm where we will have dinner and catch up on the day.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-28-2020, 09:50 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My Mondays are about to change (I'm currently a SAHM), so as far as I'm aware they'll look like this:

Drop 1 child to preschool at 8.30am, 3 older children to school at 8.45am. Go home and laugh gleefully because it will be the first time I've had to myself for 8 years!

Pick up youngest child at 11am and do family-related things until school pick-up at 3.30pm (no school buses here, we drive, park and walk). Then just the usual homework/dinner/chaos etc until kids are in bed (hopefully all by 8.30pm).

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 02-01-2020, 05:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I work shift work so non of my days look the same each week.