Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 12/02 Tell Me

I can't believe it's December now....where did the year go????

Today's question is....tell me about your plans this month. Got any? Is your month busy or do you wind down from the year and relax? Is there anything on your bucket list/wish list that you hope to attain before the year ends?

Have you thought about gifts, baking, decorating, etc yet?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm now using my Xmas mugs (they only come out for the month of Dec and then get put away til next year). This year I got a white mug with a saying on it about watching Hallmark Xmas movies...I love it. I also got two other new Xmas ones so I'm stocked up for variety this year.

My work schedule will be really slow the week of Xmas and the week after so I'm looking forward to enjoying the holiday and having some free time to be with family and friends and do lots of reading, scrapping and binge watching shows and movies.

The lights go on tonight, the tree goes up on Sunday and I've gotten a few gifts but need to get out there and buy a few more. We don't go overboard at Xmas, but we do get a few gifts for everyone. I'm going to wait and do the baking the wkend before Xmas but will be organized and have recipes and ingredients ready and have already bought a few cookie tins. I give some out to a few friends plus make lots for us to enjoy right thru New Years.

Talked to a lady at a craft fair on Saturday and she recommended a place to get some greeting cards printed with some of my wildlife photos and I'll add overlays and text. I'll talk to them this week and find out about pricing, sizing, etc. Should be fun. I used to make homemade cards (I was a paper scrapper before) but haven't done it in a few yrs so this will be something different but fun to do (and less messy LOL).

So, I have lots to do this month but with a slower schedule the 2nd half of the month, it won't be stressful and I can enjoy it all.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’d say it will be a busy start to the month as I’m still applying for jobs, potentially busyish middle of the month if I get skype job interviews then quieter from the 20th onwards but in saying that a phone call or email could change all that.

On top of that I’m keeping the house running while my mum is recovering from surgery with family, still have to do all of my christmas shopping, maybe catch up with a friend (that’s definitely on the cards if I need her to be a referee for my passport application if I end up needing one)

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 12-02-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have a pretty busy month.
At work I have year end things to prepare for payroll and OSHA and all kinds of things.
At home it's just busy with family and friends and cooking and shopping!
I just finished writing my 11th book, so I need to get on top of editing and revising that.
And I really need to start tackling a downsizing project as well as scrapbooking an entire album for my boyfriend for Christmas.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 12-03-2019, 12:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband is out of town until the 14th, so I am running the show for the next couple of months. We have school music programs the next two Friday nights, which I find completely unnecessary: would it really be that hard to have ONE concert? No, the answer is no it would not.

Overall, though, it's the slowest December we've had since we moved here in 2014! We aren't going anywhere, and no one is visiting. I've got a ton of things on my to do list, but I'll probably end up spending most of my time chilling on the couch with Disney Plus. : )
Old 12-03-2019, 04:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Taking a break right now from writing report cards. "The plan" is to have them done before I go to bed at a decent hour tonight....the deadline is tomorrow! Oops.

This week we have a birthday party to attend, winter music program at school, an extra 1/2 day of school ON SATURDAY(!!!), teacher holiday party on Saturday night, embassy kids Christmas party on Sunday.

Next week, school just til Wednesday, then a couple "lazy" days at home before we leave for our vacation (Sri Lanka!). We'll stay busy there playing on the beach & lounging by the pool + 1 safari day.

We'll be back just in time for Christmas, so things like gingerbread houses, baking for Santa, etc. will need to happen either before the 13th or on the 24th.
After Christmas, we'll probably have nothing to do until we go back to school on Jan 6.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We have school music programs the next two Friday nights, which I find completely unnecessary: would it really be that hard to have ONE concert? No, the answer is no it would not.
Ha! Our school is doing 2 music programs as well, but I'm happy about it because both of my kids are elementary & will be performing in the same one, which will (or at least should??) be shorter than last year when the whole school did one program.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Plans this month...plenty. We are celebrating Sinterklaas over here in The Netherlands and we are celebrating it on Dec 7th. On the 15th, we are celebrating Jasper his 16th bithday (his actual birthday is on Dec 16th). On Dec 17th it is our 15th wedding annivarsary and ofcourse the 24th is Christmas Eve, Dec 25th my parents will come over to our house for brunch and in the evening it'll just be the three of us. Dec 26th (yes, we have 2 Christmas days over here in The Netherlands) we are going over to my inlaws for games & a lovely dinner and the 31st we will be at my inlaws again for New Years Eve. Busy busy busy and I cannot wait for January when things go back to normal.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

No plans whatsoever.
Though the malls & shops are decorated for Christmas, here in China, we get no Christmas holiday here. We'll only have 1 day off on the 1st of January. We have our Christmas tree up last month and have gifts under the tree, but it'll just be an ordinary working/schooling day in our household. I'll be taking it as a hard reality, just like last year haha...
Old 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The first half of the month is busy. This week DH is working very long hours, as in he'll get home between 10 and midnight and leave again before 7 am. Next week we have a chorus concert, a band concert, and a few other after school activities. Work for me has finally slowed down some, and that should last a while.

Then the kids and I have 2 weeks off for Winter Break. One weekend DD and I are going on an overnight trip to Colonial Williamsburg together, which I'm looking forward to. All 5 of us will make a trip to Connecticut to visit family, too. My only goal is to get some scrapping done. Work and family stuff have been so time consuming for months that I haven't had anywhere near enough time for myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow Sherly, that stinks that you don't even get Christmas off in China! I'd take it hard, too!

Busy with three parties this week, one of which we have to make costumes for. Then finish shopping (I just started), make some cookies and get ready for relatives and kids to come home. Looking forward to seeing the kids again!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is the busiest month of the year for us so we have so, so, so many plans.

Decorating my parents' house, Breakfast with Santa at the kids' school, Greatest Gift Journey, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" at a local theatre with a friend of mine, Camp Fire regular meeting + Camp Fire Family Craft Night, church small group meeting, cutting down our own tree + decorating it, visiting Santa, Hallmark movie night at a friend's house, baking Christmas cookies with my mom, driving through a local neighborhood known for their outdoor light displays, taking the kids + my sister to see "Frozen 2", the kids singing in church, Staffmas party at a coworker's house, my mom's birthday lunch... and that's all before Christmas Eve.

I need to buy gifts for my family members + my kids. Unfortunately, it's just something that has to wait until closer to Christmas so there's enough money to go around.

I'll have December 23 through January 1 off work (the only time I get an entire week off at work), and I'm really looking forward to it... if we manage to survive the beginning of the month, that is.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, December is Chaotic for me. Christmas was always a BIG thing growing up.... all my memories of Christmas come from the baking, decorating, the hustle & bustle and the traditions so I have always done the same with my kids.

I started decorating the day after Halloween (I know it probably sounds early, but that's really when the holiday season begins around here since our Thanksgiving was in October). I'm actually still not done... lol a few sets of lights to fix, and then the kids need to decorate their room trees then the decorating should be done. This weekend we go to pick out our actual Christmas tree at the tree farm, our towns tree lighting and milk and cookies with Santa is also this weekend, which means our annual photo with Santa will be taken this weekend (I told the kids a few years ago, the only thing I want for Christmas for the rest of my life is that photo... so far they are doing pretty good about humoring me in their teens. lol

I've already started baking...... my baking list is MASSIVE!! like 20+ things massive, so there are cookies tucked away in the freezer already as I'm trying so hard to make it a little easier and less stressful on myself. I just picked up stuff last night to get a lot more done over the next few days.

We've filled our donation boxes and sent them in, and last weekend was our local charity to help families in our area in need and we gave to that as well.... giving back is always important and I am happy to have the opportunity to teach my children that giving is just as good (and better) than receiving.

This year we will be going to a Christmas Dinner with hubby's work... it's been a long time since he's had a job where they get together for a staff dinner which means it's been a long time since I've been out of the house for a sit down dinner..... i'm excited, but my anxiety is starting to freak me out a bit. I've been planning the Christmas dinner we have at our house every year. We always take a couple days before Christmas to do an italian food feast.... it's nice to have everyone over and even better to have all the leftovers so I don't have to cook again before Christmas LOL

As far as shopping goes, I already stopped going in to stores since the end of November (besides the grocery store of course). I do not like places that are busy, and I get frustrated with extra stuff blocking isles, people holding 'reunions' in the isles so you can't get anywhere.... I don't like shopping as it is, but at this time of year I especially dislike it. Amazon and my delivery person will be my best friends for the remainder of the season. hahaha

Other than that, the kids are in school until the 21st, we still have all the regular activities going until then too, so to say it's a busy month is an understatement. Oh yea, I made a list the other day of all the Christmas movies and cartoons that we watch EVERY year (like it's a serious offense if we miss one lol), and there are 23 movies and 22 cartoons!!! I thought we'd make it 1 of each a night, BUT here it is day 4, and we have started yet!! Guess we'll be doing some binge watching on the weekend. Oh.... speaking of 'day 4' how can I forget the little Elves on my shelf!!
they keep me busy too

We'll have to go to the inlaws at some point, Christmas day is always spent with my family..... in all my 37 years, I've never had a christmas day without my oldest brother, even when I lived away and couldn't make it home he came to us, so that's something I cherish always. I THINK that's it!!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.... but I am always up for the Challenge.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I decorated my house on December 1st, my parents house on December 2nd, and my grandparents house December 3rd.

I bought one present on Black Friday. I know my boyfriend bought a few presents this morning. And tonight after work we go shopping for other presents.
I hope we can find most of what we need!

My mother in law wants a personalised calendar, so I have to start on that ASAP too!

I'll have to work until December 19th. But in the meantime we'll be on vacation for a few days somewhere next week.

We'll celebrate Christmas with my family on the 22nd. On Christmas Eve we'll have a friend over and cook and celebrate together with her. She's alone and had a car accident a few months ago. The insurance is being difficult, so she has to wait for the money from the insurance to get a new car. So we'll pick her up, she stays overnight and we'll bring her back home on Christmas Day.

On Christmas Day we'll visit my parents again.
I also want to see Frozen II with my boyfriends daughter. Plus, we want to visit the Christmas village in Mechelen (a city not too far from us).

We celebrate Christmas with my mother in law on January 3rd (otherwise my boyfriends daughter can't be there because of activities she has with her mothers family).
And we'll have to go to a retirement party on December 29th.
Plus we'll have to set a date for a Christmas party with my father in law and his family. Not sure when that'll happen.

Old 12-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This month..... We (the parents) like to take a family vacation over Christmas break.... but now the college and high school kids want to stay home and work and make money....
So we will have our annual Christmas Eve Party. I don't know who is hosting Christmas day dinner yet...
Our house is already decorated.... I have down sized what we used to do and we usually get it all done over Thanksgiving weekend.
We have another holiday party to attend this month.
I don't know if we will get around to making cookies...
I have not done any real shopping just yet.... only picked up a couple of things.....

Over the break maybe we will get some house work done.... maybe catch up on the 150+ hours of tv shows on the dvr... (LOL)

Other than that I will be just relaxing and enjoying the college kids at home and those high schoolers too.... I might have off all week from my littles!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-09-2019, 04:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
I decorated my house on December 1st, my parents house on December 2nd, and my grandparents house December 3rd.

I bought one present on Black Friday. I know my boyfriend bought a few presents this morning. And tonight after work we go shopping for other presents.
I hope we can find most of what we need!

My mother in law wants a personalised calendar, so I have to start on that ASAP too!

I'll have to work until December 19th. But in the meantime we'll be on vacation for a few days somewhere next week.

We'll celebrate Christmas with my family on the 22nd. On Christmas Eve we'll have a friend over and cook and celebrate together with her. She's alone and had a car accident a few months ago. The insurance is being difficult, so she has to wait for the money from the insurance to get a new car. So we'll pick her up, she stays overnight and we'll bring her back home on Christmas Day.

On Christmas Day we'll visit my parents again.
I also want to see Frozen II with my boyfriends daughter. Plus, we want to visit the Christmas village in Mechelen (a city not too far from us).

We celebrate Christmas with my mother in law on January 3rd (otherwise my boyfriends daughter can't be there because of activities she has with her mothers family).
And we'll have to go to a retirement party on December 29th.
Plus we'll have to set a date for a Christmas party with my father in law and his family. Not sure when that'll happen.
I had a busy week and weekend, but I got a lot of things done!

- Christmas shopping - Check! I got most of the presents. I need 2 or 3 more.
- A personalised calendar for my mother in law - Check! I hope to receive it within a week. I never thought I could pull it off.
- Watch Frozen II - Check! We watched it yesterday and it was beautiful and fun!

I'm now prepairing to go on a tiny vacation.