Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default wanderlust

I am seriously feeling the travel itch SO BAD. I wish wish WISH I could be going somewhere.. planning a vacation... anything.

We're going away next week as a birthday treat for Lucas's birthday instead of a birthday party (it's spring break and here it's TWO weeks which means i'll be losing my mind if we don't get out at least once lol)

but.. i really REALLY wish I was planning an actual trip. Anyone have any trips lined up for this year?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

also I just searched and i posted the almost exact question just over a year ago. winter blues much? haha
Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am taking my hubby on a 10 day cruise to Mexico to celebrate our survival of the past four years and his graduating medical school!! I just want to be there already! Like yesterday!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh fun!!! Darcy and I have never had a real vacation together just us... hopefully one day it will happen!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No major trips for us this year, we're saving for Cheyanne's graduation trip to Disney in 2018. We'll spend time at our place at the lake this summer and we're doing a few overnight/2-night trips around New England to look at colleges (I can't believe we're at this stage!) but other than that I got nothing
Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My husbands family is coming at the end of May to visit for a week. We'll be doing some things for fun that is just around here. I'm really itching to go back to Disneyland though. We went in Nov. 2013 last and I'm so ready to go again. It probably won't happen this year, but hopefully next year for sure! This summer we may do a weekend trip somewhere, but not sure where yet.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

We are headed to Key West next Friday for Spring Break. We love it down there.....go deep sea fishing, scuba and visit my favorite place on earth the Dry Tortugas (best National park ever!!!). It's a totally different side of Florida.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are going to Washington DC/Baltimore next week... hubby has training on Saturday, so doing a little va-ca around that. Otherwise nothing other set... we will probably do something in the summer - like Denver. Saving up miles and money for Hawaii in 2017.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am!! My first 'real' holiday in 15 years, since before marriage and kids. My boys and I (not hubby - he works for himself and won't take time off) are going camping in the Australian outback (Northern Territory) in July for 2 weeks... Ayers Rock (Uluru) and all that iconic Australian outback stuff. I'm so excited. It will be my boys' first time on a plane too.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
I am taking my hubby on a 10 day cruise to Mexico to celebrate our survival of the past four years and his graduating medical school!! I just want to be there already! Like yesterday!!!

Jealous! But for real, what a well deserved vacation! I hope you have an amazing time!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The kids have 2 weeks of spring break too later in the month so I think we're going to go see the Grand Canyon. Moving all the time sucks but getting to see all the landmarks and attractions (within reasonable driving distance!)is my favorite part of being a military family.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've planned a couple short trips for this spring break, but they've all been rejected. I just want to go somewhere! Sigh.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No trips planned, but my nieces are supposed to come this summer for a few weeks and I am so excited to do summer things with them.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We are planning for a trip to the newest Disneyland on Earth, the one in Shanghai, which will not open until mid June. We are going at the end of July though, so it will be a loooonggg wait!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have fun on your "spring break trip" Kristin!

We are planning on a few days of getting away to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary ... we were going to take a "bigger" trip, but decided to help our son and DIL with remodeling their home, so the funds will go toward that instead of a big vacation for us ... I seriously don't mind. Just let me take some time away from work and I'm fine just being around home!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh I always want to plan new trips lol! We love to go camping here in Australia and there are so many free bush campsites so it's easy to just go away for a little bit!

Kim, we loved the outback! Especially the Kings Canyon hike is amazing!

Old 03-09-2016, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

my mom and i are taking the kiddos to Monterey Thurs-Sat!!
we are going to Disneyland at the end of April.
I really wish we were going to HAWAIi!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're going to San Diego the first week of April. It has been a LONG time coming - oddly right now I don't feel SUPER antsy but last fall/early winter was REALLY bad for me. Like I was actually depressed at the thought of not traveling anywhere. Maybe that's why my husband agreed to actually plan something?!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

we are spending the summer doing home improvement like a new roof, fence, etc. So no vacation. But I'm already planning and saving for our March 2017 Disneyworld vacation!! We haven't been on a vacation in years, so I'm excited! I think in 2018 we might do San Diego. I grew up there and would love to see it again.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

This year's "big" trip is to a place in Australia called the Gold Coast. It has lots of beaches, theme parks, etc. My son has been asking to go since this time last year and it's been almost 15 years since I went there last. I'm hoping to hire a car and explore away from the coast too, but it ultimately depends on time since we need to organize a cat sitter for big trips. Either way I'm looking forward to it, especially after the last couple of weeks!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My parents are going to Hawaii at the end of September. Does that count?!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
My parents are going to Hawaii at the end of September. Does that count?!
It does if they are taking the kids and giving you kid free time LOL!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

We are visting family in Miami in July - and making it to key West for a few days from there...and also visiting the Dry Tortugas while we are there. Also hoping to go to Disneyland for a day for our 25th! The only we manage though is staying with family - hotels just make trips too expensive! And we always drive (except to CA - just too far!!)
Old 03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ha! Definitely not.

My dad would prefer that people were born at 18 years old so they already knew how to sit still and be silent for hours at a time & especially when he is watching TV.

He'd rather stick a fork in his eye than take a 2-year-old and a 7-year-old on a vacation to anywhere... let alone a 2 week cruise.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have nothing planned for this year except going to the lake in Vermont for a week in July with the grandparents. I am trying to talk my husband into Disney World in May. It's hard to find a time to go when our kids are not in school and it's not too busy or too hot! We shall see.... One can hope and dream, right?!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
We are planning for a trip to the newest Disneyland on Earth, the one in Shanghai, which will not open until mid June. We are going at the end of July though, so it will be a loooonggg wait!
I'm SO jealous, Sherly!! I go to Disneyland all the time! I love Disney and would really love to visit all of the parks around the world. I can't wait to see your LOs!

We don't have anything big planned - just some small "stay-cation" type trips. We're going out to see the poppies blooming in Antelope Valley next week.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing planned for us, at least I hope not! We just got done moving cross country, going to Disneyworld for a week and visiting the IL's in Michigan for a week--I'm done for a little bit to recoup and unpack the house!
Old 03-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I know this probably sounds lame... but I don't get the itch to travel too much? Here in South Florida I feel like I live in paradise, there's so much to do all year round. The only time I get the urge to be somewhere else is in hot July & August. It's killer. It's around then that I think about a getaway to visit my family in New York in the summer... they have fantastic weather then, but funny enough THEY come here that time of the year! LOL So, we don't travel much.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=YepBrook;1062808956]I know this probably sounds lame... but I don't get the itch to travel too much? Here in South Florida I feel like I live in paradise, there's so much to do all year round./QUOTE]

I would probably be the same! You don't have the itch because you're already living in vacation-land lol.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm SO jealous, Sherly!! I go to Disneyland all the time! I love Disney and would really love to visit all of the parks around the world. I can't wait to see your LOs!
Oh, I would love to go to the USA Disneyland.
I have been to the one in Paris and Hong Kong. So far, Paris is better. Hong Kong one is too small. I hope this Shanghai one is as great as they said it would be. I am excited, especially, now that our son understands and shares the same excitement
Old 03-10-2016, 01:19 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
The kids have 2 weeks of spring break too later in the month so I think we're going to go see the Grand Canyon. Moving all the time sucks but getting to see all the landmarks and attractions (within reasonable driving distance!)is my favorite part of being a military family.
Agreed. This and meeting people.

We're spending the month of August visiting a bunch of the National Parks. So, so excited.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemijne DSI View Post
Oh I always want to plan new trips lol! We love to go camping here in Australia and there are so many free bush campsites so it's easy to just go away for a little bit!

Kim, we loved the outback! Especially the Kings Canyon hike is amazing!
Kings Canyon is on my list! Plus the Olgas, Glen Helen and Ormiston Gorges, Palm Valley/Finke Gorge, Standley Chasm, Rainbow Valley, Chambers Pillar... can't wait!!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to be on a cruise somewhere, anywhere. But there is no way we can spend money like that this year. If I win the lottery though I'll be booking a cruise pretty quick. Our dream is to do the Panama Canal but its way too expensive for us, especially now that our dollar sucks (Canadian dollar).
Old 03-10-2016, 03:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to universal studios and wdw for two weeks in aug.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I soo soo badly wanted to go on a trip as well, since I've been at home for more than a year now since my husband went abroad for work. And it's so hot here today since the beginning of March. But I can't just do that since it's only my daughter and I, I'm going to ask my sister and brother to come with us just so we could be safe but it will take weeks to do that because they kind of need to apply for a vacation leave etc...
Old 03-10-2016, 05:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish! I could do with a holiday lol. Even just one in the UK and not far from home, I just want to be away from my town for a few days or a week!
Old 03-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are tagging along with my husband to DC Friday for a trip he has for work and then spending Saturday exploring. Spring break for the kids is the end of the month - we want to do something, but can't make plans right now as his schedule is too uncertain for the next three weeks. This summer we are going to hopefully head to MN to visit family with a stop in WV to see more family. If my husband is home and can go, that will be the trip. If he is gone and we don't have to worry about his leave schedule I think the kids and I may also go further west to Mt. Rushmore while we are out there before heading back to VA.

Cheryl
Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My last vacation was in 2009.... I am about due for another I think LOL
Old 03-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I get wanderlust every year around this time too. Like you said, KCB, I''m pretty sure it's a winter blues situation.

Unfortunately, we don't have any super awesome trips planned. We always go to the beach for a week in July with the entire family, and I'm definitely grateful to be able to do that, but I would LOVE to plan something special (Hawaii, Europe, Cali, and the Dominican Republic are all on my list). Now...I just need to win the lottery or something.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
We're spending the month of August visiting a bunch of the National Parks. So, so excited.
I love going to the national parks! Which ones are you going to this summer?!?
Old 03-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I would love to visit more national parks too! I live so close to glacier national park yet i've never gone - determined to drive the road to the sun this summer (I'm a little nervous.. cliffs and drives like that scare me a bit)
Old 03-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Oh, I would love to go to the USA Disneyland.
I have been to the one in Paris and Hong Kong. So far, Paris is better. Hong Kong one is too small. I hope this Shanghai one is as great as they said it would be. I am excited, especially, now that our son understands and shares the same excitement
Would you believe I have only been to the one in Paris? I think Brent would love to see the one in Shanghai, he wants to go to all the Disney parks.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel the itch to travel so badly I'm considering ditching my husband at home with the kids and just go away with whomever wants to come along. My last vacation was last summer when I took the kids to France along with my parents and brother. But even if they were a great help, it was still me who had to be there for the kids all day. No real vacation since the kids were born 4 years ago (first one). I need two trips, one for exploring a big city and shopping, then one to a distant and exotic land where I can just lie on the beach and relax.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I would love to visit more national parks too! I live so close to glacier national park yet i've never gone - determined to drive the road to the sun this summer (I'm a little nervous.. cliffs and drives like that scare me a bit)
Go. I have friends that travel a lot and it's one of their favorite places ever!

We travel every single winter... but this year we had a baby and had to skip. We already booked a cruise for next winter though. Hopefully we don't regret taking a one year old on a ship. Haha.

I've got the wonderlust BAD right now though. Sigh.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

My mom and I with 2 other girls have a "Girls" cruise / beach vacation planned for September and in May our family trip is going stay in Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge in the Great Smoky Mountains for a few days.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC1988 View Post
My mom and I with 2 other girls have a "Girls" cruise / beach vacation planned for September and in May our family trip is going stay in Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge in the Great Smoky Mountains for a few days.
Fun! Are you guys going to Dollywood? We did that last summer, and it was a lot of fun. We especially enjoyed the water park.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Fun! Are you guys going to Dollywood? We did that last summer, and it was a lot of fun. We especially enjoyed the water park.
Yes, we sure are! We usually have season passes to Dollywood since we only live 1.5/2 hours away from Dollywood. This year we are doing the both parks season pass so we can go to the waterpark on the weekends as well!

Old 03-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC1988 View Post
Yes, we sure are! We usually have season passes to Dollywood since we only live 1.5/2 hours away from Dollywood. This year we are doing the both parks season pass so we can go to the waterpark on the weekends as well!
Awesome! I know you'll have a ton of fun!
Old 03-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by profiler_mar View Post
Would you believe I have only been to the one in Paris? I think Brent would love to see the one in Shanghai, he wants to go to all the Disney parks.
It's beautiful isn't it? Especially the fireworks they do at night...
If you ever come to Shanghai, stop over by Beijing and meet up with me please
Old 03-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Vacation planned for Gulf Shores, Alabama at the end of July. We are going with my daughter, her hubby, 3 grandkids (11, 8 & 6). We rented a beach house with a beautiful view of the ocean. So excited.

We usually go to Pigeon Forge every year. I think we will try and go in October this year to see the leaves changing.