Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-24-2020, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default We want your Layouts & Stories for a Facebook Feature

SugarBabe Kendall had a fun idea for a Facebook Feature, "The story behind the Layout," If you'd like to play share a layout and story for us to use on Facebook, we'll need to know a few of the following; what were you thinking when they chose the kit, photo, etc. for their page and what name you want me to use when sharing on Facebook.

Be sure you link us up to your layout and the kit you used. One layout per person would be great. We'll start sharing these sometime in September.

Edited: You can share it below or send me a pm

Last edited by nesser1981; 08-24-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you want the story and layout posted in this thread or emailed to you?
Old 08-24-2020, 10:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to share this layout I made on Saturday after I finished reading the book House of Earth and Blood. It was so good and while I was reading it for two and a half days, I was also listening to the song Different World on repeat. Then after I finished the book, I feel like I have too much energy and hype on me because I really liked the ending that I ended up making a page that pays tribute to the FMC using my daughter's photo which I run on a watercolor action. And the outcome was this, all while listening to that song.

Then I thought that I could use this for my passport challenge so I just inserted some wordarts that even though no body can read it, I used it to create a silhouette of a crown or ray on her head.

Normally when I make pages like this one and this one, which were out of my comfort zone, it's either I was so hyped by a book that I finished reading, or because of a song, or both.

Last edited by cherrygutz; 08-24-2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Do you want the story and layout posted in this thread or emailed to you?
Here is fine. Or if you want to PM me you can.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

As soon as I saw Ru & Amanda's Stay Quirky, I knew I had to scrap about this kid! He is like the kit personified. : ) I used this {not so flattering} picture of him because it captures how he's growing up, and I took my journaling off of a FB post I'd made about him.

If you use my story, you can call me Kellie.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I love this idea!

Here's a recent one from me:

The story:
I am my own worst critic. I have a love/hate relationship with scrapping vacation/travel photos. I want those photos to be scrapped more than perfect. Every vacation layout has to be my best one ever. So I struggled finding the right kit and template for my photos. When I saw this template from Brook being released, I just knew I had to use it. And then Kristin released her latest beach collection and I fell in love all over again. Since I was struggling to find the right kit and template to scrap these photos, I decided to combine them and see how far I got. I really took my time to scrap and get it just right. I never thought I would love the layout as much as I do, but I am so happy with how it turned out.

Edit:
I forgot to mention what products I used:
An Ocean Tale: Coastal Dreams Bundle by Kristin Cronin-Barrow (Snippets and Woodgrain Bokeh paper): https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...at=1264&page=1
An Ocean Tale: At the Shore by Kristin Cronin-Barrow: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...87&cat=&page=3
Brook's Templates - Trifecta 32 - Free Bird by Brook Magee: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...73&cat=&page=7

Last edited by Saar; 08-26-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

this is such a fun idea!

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 08-25-2020, 05:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great idea and some great layouts so far!!!!

Old 08-25-2020, 06:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I saw Ru's kit For the Record I just knew I had to use the incredible "i love you" overlay. That's all it took to get this page started. The sweetness of the kit led me to an older photo of my youngest son and I knew I wanted it close up and in black and white. Sometimes a kit just speaks to you and encourages your layout to go in a certain direction. This was one of those pages. I wanted to keep the photo as the focal point while using color and paints to give life to the page. I was going for a soft, edgy feel, if that is even a thing and I was pleased with the overall result. The kit worked its magic. Amy

Last edited by amyjcaz; 08-25-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

As my kids get older I don't have as many photos of them, you know teenagers and all. But scrapping is very calming for me, the creative release after a stressful work day is the perfect way for me to unwind. Hello Yesterday by SPD had been calling my name and I had this gorgeous template Beautiful Life by Southern Serenity. so I put them together and traded photos for clusters.

If you feature me, Kiana is fine to use