Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Am I crazy for wanting this?

Eric and I will leave for our holiday to Italy on Tuesday.
I said to him I wanted to take our laptop and my EHD with all my kits so I can scrapbook! He looked at me as if I was stupid or something!

I just want to scrapbook when the weather is a little less occassionally or if he wants to sleep in and I don't....

Is that so crazy?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I used to do that, but then I found I didn't actually use them, so I don't take them any more. Any time I get time with Tony by myself, I like to spend it with him, since it's so rare these days LOL!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

If you're going to have down time that you won't be spending with him, I'd say it's not crazy!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
If you're going to have down time that you won't be spending with him, I'd say it's not crazy!
^^ Totally what Traci said.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I don't think you're crazy at all! I love to take mine wherever I go on the off chance that I will have some free time to scrap. Depending on what you guys like to do, you may have a slot of time to download your new Italy photos onto your laptop to preview-maybe if some don't turn out you can go back and re-shoot before you leave.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On our last big vacation, I took mine with. I had kids who still napped, and so I need to remain in the room with them, but didn't want to watch TV or do anything that would keep them awake. Scrapping was the perfect solution.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are not crazy. I took mine on the last couple of trips we were on. I only scrapped a few LOs between the 2 trips. But my husband was glad - he takes lots of photos and one of the trips he almost ran out of memory in his camera, so he was able to download it to my computer and open up memory for new photos. That would be the tactic I would use with your husband.
The other trip we had crappy weather and a crappy cabin - so rather than thinking about the rain outside and the dead ants dropping on the bed I scrapped and organized my files (oh yeah no internet without going to a Denny's) - and husband used it to report into the unemployment office.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 05-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Oh I meant to say that I always take my laptop, so DH can dump his pictures if needed.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only things I would suggest though is 1) not to bring your EHD (unless you have another backup EHD for everything) - if it gets zapped you will be mad. Just save a few kits on your computer to play with; and 2) please do not forget to bring a converter plug otherwise your computer will get fried - my alarm clock/radio/cassette player got fried on one trip overseas and I could never use it again.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always bring my "just in case" I get some down time. Plus, I tend to be a night owl and not ready to go to bed when hubby is. SO, I usually have time then.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't think it's crazy... I usually just load up my hard drive with some kits and photos (leave the EHD at home) and take it along... I scrap in the car as we drive (my hubby purchased me a AC/DC plug that plugs into the cig lighter!)... and also I usually have problems sleeping in hotel rooms, so early morning, I scrap while the rest are sleeping.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't have enough space on the harddrive to put kits there.
But I have like a travel EHD (a small one) and one back home then with all my back ups. I will not lose any data if that one will be stolen or something.

And the electricity is the same as in Holland so I don't need any converters.
I am taking it! He can watch movies on that thing when I gone to bed! That's a point I have to make! Hihi.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I always bring my laptop on vacation and scrap. I have kids who are asleep by 8 or so, and then DH and I have hours of sitting quietly in a hotel room. He watches TV, and I scrap. He thinks I'm crazy, but I don't know why...or at least not why bringing my laptop would be crazy, LOL. Makes perfect sense to me. Have fun!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
Eric and I will leave for our holiday to Italy on Tuesday.
I said to him I wanted to take our laptop and my EHD with all my kits so I can scrapbook! He looked at me as if I was stupid or something!

I just want to scrapbook when the weather is a little less occassionally or if he wants to sleep in and I don't....

Is that so crazy?
Well, while I get why you'd want to do it, I say don't. Vacation is taking a break from everyday stuff, scrapbooking included. I'm a scrapbook addict, internet addict and everything, but when on vacation I'm so perfectly happy without all that. It's important to be able to let go. :-)

ETA: I see you have already decided. Forget what I have written. :-)

Old 05-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Well, while I get why you'd want to do it, I say don't. Vacation is taking a break from everyday stuff, scrapbooking included. I'm a scrapbook addict, internet addict and everything, but when on vacation I'm so perfectly happy without all that. It's important to be able to let go. :-)

ETA: I see you have already decided. Forget what I have written. :-)
I will decide like two minutes before we leave LOL. I am perfectly happy with a few books and some sunshine, sightseeing and other stuff. But I am awake pretty early always. And Eric sleeps a little longer. Why not take advantage in that time?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
I will decide like two minutes before we leave LOL. I am perfectly happy with a few books and some sunshine, sightseeing and other stuff. But I am awake pretty early always. And Eric sleeps a little longer. Why not take advantage in that time?
...because it's vacation! If it was me, I'd drink coffee on the balcony and read a mag / book in the morning. But if you really want to scrap, why not? Nothing especially crazy or wrong about it. :-)

Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think it's crazy But that is just as much because SO would go bonkers on me if I brought it I'm always the late sleeper anyway

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp