Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Does this exist?

Last night I dreamed about scrapping. (It is NSD, of course).

Anyway, I had this cool little book in my dream, and now I really want it in real life, and I'm not sure it exists.

It's a book and it has a top half, and a bottom half. And you can flip the bottom half pages separately from the top half pages.

The top half had prompts like "using orange," "using straight lines," "with a wave," "with at least 5 circles," etc.

The bottom half had ideas like "a family photo," "a favorite book," "a best friend," "a vacation," "a favorite food."

The idea of the book was you would open randomly (or start at the beginning) with a prompt telling you the structure of the page (the top half of the book), and then you would open randomly to a topic (the bottom half of the book), and each idea could be mixed and matched with the other idea.

Anyway, I thought it was really cool, and something I'd totally use, and now I'm bummed that I can't find anything like it on the web.

Do you guys know if anything like this exists? It would SO help me get my mojo back.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I've seen anything like that, but it sorta reminds me of inspiration jars back when I was a paper scrapper. Basically you'd take some big empty jars and write prompts on strips of paper. Then you fill the jars with the strips and draw one out randomly when you need a kick start. you could totally do something like that with this idea though, and it would be really easy!

I've actually considered making a set of prompts for the shoppe like that, but I wasn't sure that anyone would actually be interested.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I've actually considered making a set of prompts for the shoppe like that, but I wasn't sure that anyone would actually be interested.
WHAT????? Oh Libby....we are ALWAYS interested in what you think up!!!!! We all battle with our mojo so any kick start would be appreciated!

That book sounds awesome.....I wish it existed somewhere.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah! Maybe I need to do those jars, then! I really liked the format in my dream, but the jars would be just as easy and work just as well.

I just feel like any more I need a good jump start. It would be nice to have something where I can JUST pull a subject or JUST pull a form. Sometimes I have the portfolio challenge or something to give me a subject, OR to give me certain rules to follow, but I just can't come up with something good for the other half. It would be really nice to have something where I could have the portfolio prompt telling me "make a page with 8 flowers and 2 frames," and then I could draw out "about a favorite food," and know exactly where to start. Or, the portfolio could say "use this quote" and a subject come to mind, but I don't know where to start, and then I could draw out a form like "using lots of circles," and have a better idea.

With my baby brain, I've completely lost my mojo, and I just have trouble figuring out where to start...

I would DEFINITELY be interested if you ever created a set of prompts. Heaven knows I need them.

Some of my other ones that I saw in my dream:

-Using a re-worked template
-Using only two colors
-Covered in buttons

-about an ex
-about chocolate
-about a favorite flower
-about a grandparent
-about the current month

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just had a brain flash.

You know how at a lot of stores like hobby lobby or whatever, they sell those journals with blank pages? What if I very carefully cut each page in half (so there is a top half and a bottom half), and then wrote the prompts on each page half?

It wouldn't be super clean or pretty, but it would be a start.

But I still need prompts. So, Libby, we still need you

ETA: It would be something like this. I think I'd need to buy spiral bound so each page could better flip independently. Something regularly bound might not flip as easily or lay flat when flipped.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
I don't think I've seen anything like that, but it sorta reminds me of inspiration jars back when I was a paper scrapper. Basically you'd take some big empty jars and write prompts on strips of paper. Then you fill the jars with the strips and draw one out randomly when you need a kick start. you could totally do something like that with this idea though, and it would be really easy!

This was my first thought too. I've seen them done with both strips of paper or popsicle sticks if you want something sturdier.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
This was my first thought too. I've seen them done with both strips of paper or popsicle sticks if you want something sturdier.
Popsicle sticks is a good idea.

I still think Libby should make us something

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am liking the journal idea. I may need to play around with this idea!!!!