Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl
Default Midnight Sun on hold indefinately...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080903/...bikMuPO00DW7oF
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Personally, I think it's on hold indefinitely more to the fact that her publisher didn't pick it up.

But... I'm a cynic... so you guys can throw rotten apples at me.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Bryn View Post
Personally, I think it's on hold indefinitely more to the fact that her publisher didn't pick it up.

But... I'm a cynic... so you guys can throw rotten apples at me.
No apples from me, I hapen to agree. I also happen to think it may have been her camp who released it to take the spotlight off the bomb that was Breaking Dawn. Especially with the movie coming up!! I love conspiracy theories though! LOL
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

wow. i would say thats some pretty crappy news! sorry ladies!!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Not everyone disliked Breaking Dawn.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I also supsect that publishers were hesitant to pick the book up. I LOVED reading the partial draft she put up on her site. I loved having insight into Edward's mind (and everyone elses LOL). However, I think publisher's may be thinking "How many people are going to buy a book they already know the ending too?" (Of course, I would as I'm sure many others would too, but I can still understand how a publisher might think that.)

I'm sad about her dropping indefinitely though. Even if it never gets published I do hope that she will finish it and share it on her site, even if it's slowly and in bits and pieces. I think it's more fitting for that format anyway!

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)
Old 09-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I know, a lot of people liked it, but there has been a pretty bad backlash of people that hated it. That is what I reffering to.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That article is almost word for word what SM posted on her web site several days ago. I also think it was a publicity stunt to draw attention away from the Breaking Dawn backlash (I personally loved the book though I know there were many that didn't) and create more buzz about the upcoming movie. I still think she will end up finishing it and will either put the rest on her web site or will get it published, it might be a year or more before she's convinced by her fans to finish it though!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've never read the books so this is just a non-fan's opinion, but if she's really postponing the book indefinitely only because she's sad it's been leaked then I think she's being a bit overdramatic. I can totally understand how it might make her upset if it was leaked by someone she trusted but then why is she taking it out on the fans? If anything it just seems to have increased anticipation for the book which I'd think would be a good thing? It's sad but with the internet, leaks and spoilers have just become a way of life. I mean, if all movie, tv and music people reacted the way she is when details about a project leaked, we'd never see anything get made.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I've never read the books so this is just a non-fan's opinion, but if she's really postponing the book indefinitely only because she's sad it's been leaked then I think she's being a bit overdramatic.
She's usually overdramatic.

I'm still going to watch the movie, I haven't jumped off the bandwagon entirely.

Yet.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I've never read the books so this is just a non-fan's opinion, but if she's really postponing the book indefinitely only because she's sad it's been leaked then I think she's being a bit overdramatic. I can totally understand how it might make her upset if it was leaked by someone she trusted but then why is she taking it out on the fans? If anything it just seems to have increased anticipation for the book which I'd think would be a good thing? It's sad but with the internet, leaks and spoilers have just become a way of life. I mean, if all movie, tv and music people reacted the way she is when details about a project leaked, we'd never see anything get made.
I was thinking the same thing, maybe cause I havent read them either lol! But I mean its sad but part of the industry.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I also wonder about how it got "leaked." When Breaking Dawn was coming out anyone and everyone wanted a leak and I don't think one really happened for BD. but for MS I don't think people were looking for it, she said that she was giong to be finising it and people I thought accepted that, and then it was all over the web. I really think it was a stunt.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really liked the book too and I am very upset about this news...