Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 05/10

Here's some questions to help us all get to know each other a bit better.
  1. What are you reading now?
  2. Do you like camping? Have you ever gone?
  3. What is a favorite summer drink?
  4. Do you have any indoor plants?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Right now I'm reading Perfect Liar by Thomas Greene and so far it has my attention. I'm only about 1/4 into it but I'm hooked.

2. I love camping, love being amongst nature, love the peacefulness of it. But these days I much prefer a trailer to a tent and like to have some of the comforts of home....a bed, internet, TV. We have a large 5th wheel at a ranch in Washington and we love it there. We upgraded to a triple slide 36' trailer about 7 yrs ago and its plenty of room for hubs and I and Taz.

3. Lemonade or flavored iced tea.

4. No plants (I do not have a green thumb) but I do sometimes get flowers from the kids or my hubs. I gave up years ago trying to keep indoor plants alive. I do have 2 gardens (front and back of the house) and I struggle with finding time to maintain those too. I'm just not a gardener at all.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1. What are you reading now? The Kitchen House

2. Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? I was in girl guides growing up so I always camped and we camped as a family when I was really young. I don't camp now.. I find camping is so different from what it used to be - most people just travel in something that might as well be a home and it isn't quiet and relaxing - it seems like people just go to party and drink and make noise.

2. What is a favorite summer drink? I'm not sure.. probably wine.. LOL

3. Do you have any indoor plants? I want to get some! I have to do more research on what is safe with cats.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter

Not a fan. I grew up in the woods, literally - I had an outhouse for a portion of my childhood. Now if I were to go camping I'd have to have real heat, a mosquito net and a good mattress (back issues) and that's just sissy. (or at least my backwoods family would make fun of me and say so) LOL...

I love raspberry iced tea and occasionally lemon iced tea but I get terrible caffeine headaches from soda (not sure on the tea but I just gave it all up) so I pretty much just drink water when I want a cool drink.

I have 2 hanging philodendrons (b/c I have a-hole cats) and my daughters each have something or another tiny little tropical plants that they got from the grocery store, that of course, I have to take care of. My daughter joined a gardening club after school so each week I have something new come into my house too. Last week it was a lemon verbena plant potted in a hideous neon orange sneaker. As you can imagine, it goes super well with my decor.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? Emails

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Yes and No. I find the older I get the less I like it. It really depends on the location and duration. My husband loves to camp and doesn't mind the not showering part of it. I've grown to hate that part of it. I don't mind camping at the beach in a trailer though.

What is a favorite summer drink? Iced tea

Do you have any indoor plants? No. I kill all the things.

Old 05-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now?
The Library Book. I didn't finish in time for my book club discussion. I think it's good, but it's not really propelling me forward.

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone?
Not particularly. I like the idea of all of the camping gear. But the actual act of camping (and all the prep for it) isn't totally my thing. I love camp though... I worked at a summer camp for 7 years and have booked 3 days at a "family camp" for this summer (so excited!)

What is a favorite summer drink? a southside cocktail (mojito made with gin instead of rum) or--need to try to make this myself as we moved away from the only restaurant I've ever seen serve it-- jalapeno lemonade.

Do you have any indoor plants?
Bwahahahaha. No.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just finished Where the Crawdads Sing - it was good! Now reading a Beverly Lewis book.

We camped a lot when I was a kid. I HATE it now. I spent a week wet and cold as a kid with a tent that leaked and I have not yet gotten over it! An RV is more my style.

What is a favorite summer drink?
Diet Dr. Pepper - all day, every day!

No. Mold allergies here and indoor plants are a no-no.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Do you have any indoor plants? No. I kill all the things.
LOL. That made me laugh!
Old 05-10-2019, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
LOL. That made me laugh!
It's the cold, hard truth. I had a boss give me a non-killable plant. Guess who killed it?

Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? I am a girl who loves her romance stories so my kindle is full of girly romance novels

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Yes I have gone camping and I absolutely hate it. I have done the tent camping as well as the "trailer" camping and my idea of camping now is Holiday Inn.

What is a favorite summer drink? Sweet Tea year round

Do you have any indoor plants? I have a cactus garden as well as a Orchid my daughter gave me last Mother's Day. The orchid is blooming so I have done well with that. The cactus garden is pretty much no care except to fill the self watering thing
Old 05-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I'm reading Normal People, by Sally Rooney. I can NOT put it down, although my USAmerican sensibilities had to get over some of the high schoolers' behavior.
The closest to "camping" I've ever gotten was spending the night in a cottage that didn't have a/c. (This is not a joke.) I did it for DH's bday, which I thought was a good compromise cuz he's gone backpacking in NM for 2 weeks, and I think staying at a hotel without room service is camping. (I don't even use room service; it's just the principle of the thing.)
Tinto de Verano. I was just thinking about picking up some lemonade!
Yes, I have 2 small plants, one of which was like 3" tall with like 4 leaves when I bought it but has really grown. But I think about getting rid of them almost every day because DS has bad seasonal allergies. His allergist said they're fine, but mom guilt is real!

Last edited by Tree City; 05-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nothing. *ducks*

If God wanted me to sleep in the woods, He would have made me a bear.

I drink Diet Coke, milk, and water. Err day all day.

No thanks. I already have two children that I have to keep alive.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Teaching From Rest - Sarah Mackenzie (homeschooling book - already half way done with homeschooling, probably time to figure out how to not be so stressed about it all, haha)

I loathe camping... really, really, dislike it.

Hmm... I don't think I have one - I loved Mojito Crystal Light a number of years back and they discontinued it - now I don't want to get close to another drink for they will get rid of it.

No... every year we get a Basil Plant from Trader Joes - his name is Pope Basil (insert number of summer doing this)... I think this year it will be Pope Basil the fifth. He lives for like a month before he goes to the big garden in the sky.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Yes I have gone camping and I absolutely hate it. I have done the tent camping as well as the "trailer" camping and my idea of camping now is Holiday Inn.
YES! I my idea of camping is a Holiday Inn, too - I'm a Hyatt girl.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? Im currently reading Little House In The Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Yes! We go camping twice a year.

What is a favorite summer drink? Hmm.. I'm not sure I have a fave summer drink, just water I guess? But I sometimes drink diet coke.

Do you have any indoor plants? Yes, I have two lucky bamboo plants (Stella and Sonya) and a sanseviera (Esmeralda). They're 3 years old. I had some succulents before, but they died during the winter

Last edited by cherrygutz; 05-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
If God wanted me to sleep in the woods, He would have made me a bear.

No thanks. I already have two children that I have to keep alive.
You crack me up! I'm going to copy all the "I hate camping" responses for when my friends invite me again! I found this last night:
Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? Nothing - I never have time for it anymore and if did try, I'd fall asleep by the end of page 1.

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? LOVE IT! If I added up all the nights in my life that I've spent in a tent it would be close to two years, in various parts of the world. We most recently went camping two weeks ago.

What is a favorite summer drink? Water

Do you have any indoor plants? Two that I only need to water once every week or two.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? I like Carrie's answer - emails, lol .. beyond that I'm always reading a book. I'm reading Kindle First book right now, I couldn't tell you the title or author and I'm half way in, lol
Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? I do like camping, but it's been a few years since the last few years have either involved me be pregnant or having a young little dude. While he could probably handle it, I would probably go mad, lol.
What is a favorite summer drink? Wine ... it's really not seasonal though!
Do you have any indoor plants? I have a few that have been gifted to me (orchids and a fern) and a few poinsettias that I've been baby-sitting. I don't love them, but feel weird just dumping them.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Does this thread count? I haven't been much into reading in the last year and some.

Been once, don't like it.

Um, water?

My kids grow like weeds, do they count?

Old 05-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? I'm re-reading Your Future Self Will Thank You and starting Stardust (I'm considering using it in my classroom next year.)
Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? We did a 3 week road trip and camped in several national parks. I like being in nature & having a bonfire & seeing wild animals walk through our campsite. I do not, however, like sleeping on an air mattress. in a tent. walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night while wild animals are walking through our campsite. constantly sweeping out the tent. All in all, it was fun but I hope I never do it again. : )
What is a favorite summer drink? It's always summer here, but I love a fresh fruit smoothie with mango, papaya & bananas, coconut water and kefir.
Do you have any indoor plants? Goodness no! I would kill them in a heartbeat.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? Wizard of OZ, reading along (more like supervising him to read) with my son's school reading project.

Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Nope. nope.

What is a favorite summer drink? Avocado or mango juice.

Do you have any indoor plants? Yes. All of my plants are indoor. Inside home, I have orchid, which I got during Chinese New Year holiday and somewhat survives along (I tend to kill all the orchids I previously had), and a lucky bamboo in the kitchen. In the (closed) balcony, I have different kinds of succulents and 2 mini tomato plants, which are bearing lots of tomatoes, now that the weather is warming up. I tried growing lavender from the seeds a few weeks ago, but nothing grew
Old 05-11-2019, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
What is a favorite summer drink? Avocado or mango juice.
I have never heard of avocado juice. What's it like?
Old 05-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? unfortunately nothing.
Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? Love camping! We try to go at least once every summer.
What is a favorite summer drink? Iced Coffee on occassion, but really just water.
Do you have any indoor plants? Currently 1 -- I love plants though and really want more.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I have never heard of avocado juice. What's it like?
Mmmm thick like mango juice, just avocado in smoothie form. In Indonesia, we just blend the avocado with a little of water and add a bit of Hershey chocolate sauce on the glass before pouring the juice into it. Mmmm... Yum!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What are you reading now? I am reading Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan & listening to I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
Do you like camping? Have you ever gone? We own a camper and I love camping in that, but not so much in a tent
What is a favorite summer drink? Truly's hard sparkling waters
Do you have any indoor plants? yep, I have a few