Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-09-2020, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, Tammy, yes I keep them all on the fridge. Shutterfly runs those 10 for $10 specials on photo magnets, and sometimes I can't resist. Plus, all the ones we collect from trips. I still have the ABC magnets that you can put in the base and have it pronounce the letter.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the 50 States Alaska kit - those Northern lights journal cards and the colors of this kit! I almost bought it even though I've never been to Alaska and have no plans to go! And the Lumberjack Bash kit! PERFECT for your moose collection and lodge theme! Think of all the new scrapping goodies you'll get to use! I'm excited for you!! See, aren't these great?!

Ooo, thanks for finding! I think I'll add to my cart with my Passport coupon!! One of my first thoughts was, "I'm gonna need more outdoorsy kits!" We are super excited!!
Old 03-10-2020, 09:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Collecting?

Here are my magnets.

I collected barbies when I was a teenager. Precious Moments for years. I still have some of those. I actually still have some of my barbies too. It was a complete series of like a storybook collection: they’re dressed as storybook characters. They are packed up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-10-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Here are my magnets.

I collected barbies when I was a teenager. Precious Moments for years. I still have some of those. I actually still have some of my barbies too. It was a complete series of like a storybook collection: they’re dressed as storybook characters. They are packed up though.

ooh I love that your state magnets create a map!
Old 03-11-2020, 06:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Collecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
ooh I love that your state magnets create a map!

They don’t fit perfectly like a puzzle, but I think they’re neat.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Here are my magnets.

I LOVE those state magnets!!!!! So cool!!!!!
(and of course I love your Precious Moments too!!)

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-11-2020, 08:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I also collect Christmas decorations and ornaments and a Mickey Village. They are all packed so I sorta forgot about them in my other post. I have enough ornaments for like 4 trees, but we only do one right now.
This is my Mickey Village.

It’s my favorite thing to put out. One year I did keep it up all year.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love your Mickey Village!

I started a "Disney" Christmas tree this year. I only have a few ornaments so far. But I love it. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I also collect Christmas decorations and ornaments and a Mickey Village. They are all packed so I sorta forgot about them in my other post. I have enough ornaments for like 4 trees, but we only do one right now.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
Besides digi kits I'm not much of a collector. Unless you count these pounds I'm trying to get rid of
LOL! Kiana, that's a collection I'm trying to get rid of, too!! (the pounds, not the kits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Ugh, Tammy, yes I keep them all on the fridge. Shutterfly runs those 10 for $10 specials on photo magnets, and sometimes I can't resist. Plus, all the ones we collect from trips. I still have the ABC magnets that you can put in the base and have it pronounce the letter.
Haha! I'd love to see a picture, Lynn!! I didn't know Shutterfly made magnets. That could be fun. I just got rid of our ABC magnets. I love those things!

Quote:
Here are my magnets.

Those state magnets are so cool, Vanessa!! Do you get them in each state, or order them online? How fun that will be when you have them all!

I love that you still have your Barbies! I have a few, but it was never a collection.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Your Mickey village is awesome, Stacy! Downtown Disney (in CA) used to have a store that was just these villages. It was really fun to walk through.

Quote:
Love your Mickey Village!

I started a "Disney" Christmas tree this year. I only have a few ornaments so far. But I love it. LOL!
When we were annual passholders at Disneyland, we'd get new ornaments each year. I still try to get them through friends who work in the parks.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I found the first couple I had in the actual state, but since then I’ve been get them from amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
LOL! Kiana, that's a collection I'm trying to get rid of, too!! (the pounds, not the kits)

Haha! I'd love to see a picture, Lynn!! I didn't know Shutterfly made magnets. That could be fun. I just got rid of our ABC magnets. I love those things!

Those state magnets are so cool, Vanessa!! Do you get them in each state, or order them online? How fun that will be when you have them all!

I love that you still have your Barbies! I have a few, but it was never a collection.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My girls were very into Polly Pockets!!! I think we may still have most of them in the attic!!

I'm jealous!! I wish I'd kept mine. If you ever get a photo I'd love to see which ones you got!

Old 03-12-2020, 07:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
I'm jealous!! I wish I'd kept mine. If you ever get a photo I'd love to see which ones you got!

My hubby just said we should really think about cleaning out the attic..... I am soooooo NOT ready to do that....lol But it is a mess up there!

Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

In addition to "collecting" paper and digital scrapbooking supplies and counted cross-stitch kits, I collect hummingbirds, although I haven't added to my collection in a long time. I have a set of collectible plates, a few pairs of earrings, some necklaces, a few books, and some miscellaneous figurines, including one made out of clay. I also collect pens, but they are mainly ones that were given to me from vendors at work. I also collect post cards - my French pen pal/friend used to travel a lot and always sent me postcards. I also collect cancelled postage stamps, especially the commemorative ones. I also collect old coins and foreign ones, but they are coins that I have come upon; none are any that I sought out. I think that's it. LOL
Old 03-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As a teenager, I was a huge collector of many types of things. Then we moved from AZ to KS after I graduated high school. We took only what we could carry on the plane with us. I left a few things packed up back home in AZ at my aunt's house but other than that I had to get rid of everything. Back then it was key chains, porcelain cats, book sets, stickers, etc.

As a young adult I started collecting porcelain dolls. I had many, many of them (the Ashton Drake Galleries kind). I would usually get all of the dolls in a series and I had many signed by the artist. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I sold my dolls to buy baby furniture and such. There are a few I wish I had kept, but most I don't miss. I don't have a place that I would want to display them here anyway.

At our old house I started collecting snowpinions by dept. 56. I still collect them, but as I only put them out for the month of December, you'd never know it unless you came for Christmas.
Not my photos (I'm on the laptop without my EHD so I don't have photos right now) but I have those shown. I put fill my china cabinet with them.

Anyway, I DO collect animals. I'm up to 7 dogs, 7 cats, 2 rats, 2 goats, a miniature horse, 2 turkeys, 20 ducks and approx. 40 chickens (with 5 eggs in the incubator due to hatch in a few days). I would really like to get another rabbit. We had them for many years but the last passed away about 2 years ago and I haven't been able to bring myself to get another one yet. I also want more goats. We just haven't found a good time to get them since around here most people sell bottle babies (which take a LOT of work!). Now that we are quarantined, maybe it would be a good time to get another goat or two.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
In addition to "collecting" paper and digital scrapbooking supplies and counted cross-stitch kits, I collect hummingbirds, although I haven't added to my collection in a long time. I have a set of collectible plates, a few pairs of earrings, some necklaces, a few books, and some miscellaneous figurines, including one made out of clay. I also collect pens, but they are mainly ones that were given to me from vendors at work. I also collect post cards - my French pen pal/friend used to travel a lot and always sent me postcards. I also collect cancelled postage stamps, especially the commemorative ones. I also collect old coins and foreign ones, but they are coins that I have come upon; none are any that I sought out. I think that's it. LOL
You are quite the collector, Liz!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
As a teenager, I was a huge collector of many types of things. Then we moved from AZ to KS after I graduated high school. We took only what we could carry on the plane with us. I left a few things packed up back home in AZ at my aunt's house but other than that I had to get rid of everything. Back then it was key chains, porcelain cats, book sets, stickers, etc.

As a young adult I started collecting porcelain dolls. I had many, many of them (the Ashton Drake Galleries kind). I would usually get all of the dolls in a series and I had many signed by the artist. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I sold my dolls to buy baby furniture and such. There are a few I wish I had kept, but most I don't miss. I don't have a place that I would want to display them here anyway.

At our old house I started collecting snowpinions by dept. 56. I still collect them, but as I only put them out for the month of December, you'd never know it unless you came for Christmas.
Not my photos (I'm on the laptop without my EHD so I don't have photos right now) but I have those shown. I put fill my china cabinet with them.

Anyway, I DO collect animals. I'm up to 7 dogs, 7 cats, 2 rats, 2 goats, a miniature horse, 2 turkeys, 20 ducks and approx. 40 chickens (with 5 eggs in the incubator due to hatch in a few days). I would really like to get another rabbit. We had them for many years but the last passed away about 2 years ago and I haven't been able to bring myself to get another one yet. I also want more goats. We just haven't found a good time to get them since around here most people sell bottle babies (which take a LOT of work!). Now that we are quarantined, maybe it would be a good time to get another goat or two.
It must have been really hard to leave all your treasures behind as a teenager, Sherri.
I've never heard of snowpinions, but they are really cute!!!
Wow! You have a whole farm going!! I always thought it would be fun to do that. I wanted to buy a house with land when we moved to ID, but since my mom moved in with us, I don't think I'd have time to take care of that many animals.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Ahh... Shutterfly magnets. I have hundreds of these. I can't keep them on the fridge. They make me crazy. The visual clutter is too much. I used to but now I can't look at them. They are in stacks now, put away for future use.

I used to have this crappy old mini fridge at work that I completely covered with them. It helped it not look so crappy. Then it went out so I bought a new mini fridge and I didn't put magnets on it, because... visual clutter.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
It must have been really hard to leave all your treasures behind as a teenager, Sherri.
I've never heard of snowpinions, but they are really cute!!!
Wow! You have a whole farm going!! I always thought it would be fun to do that. I wanted to buy a house with land when we moved to ID, but since my mom moved in with us, I don't think I'd have time to take care of that many animals.
Honestly, at the time it wasn't bad. I didn't get too attached to things. There are a few things I really miss now but most I'm okay with.

Four years ago we bought 10 acres in the country. Since then we've been slowly adding animals. It is starting to feel like a farm now. We joked about it being a farm long before it started to feel that way. I LOVE it. They do take a lot of time but it gives me something to focus on!
Old 03-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

all of your collections are awesome!!!!!! I collected magnets for many many years but when we moved last I think my hubby tossed them all I do however have an enormous shot glass/pub glass collection but it is still in the boxes from moving 5 years ago LOL!