Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-23-2020, 06:31 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrappy Goals for 2021

Hi everyone,

I've been pretty much MIA for some time but I'm so excited to be getting a new computer (for Christmas but it won't be delivered until mid January) and looking forward to making time for digiscrapping again.

I've been thinking about how I want to document 2021 and I keep going back and forth between pocket style (Project Life) scrapping and digital memory planning.

I'd love to know what your plans are for next year and if you have done either of the above in the past I'd love to know how you keep yourself motivated and up to date once life settles down after Christmas and your days get boring (that is where I fall of the wagon every year). I'd also love to know of any videos that are out there on digital project life or memory planning (I've seen ALL of Traci's).

Please help me make a decision!

Old 12-23-2020, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For me, 2020 was a super productive scrapping year. I'd gotten almost 3 years behind and back in January I bought a laptop, think scrapping from the couch might help get me back in the swing of things. Then the pandemic hit and we were home so much I basically scrapped every free minute I had. I did a count yesterday and I had done around 880 pages with my regular scrapping and a couple yearly albums I started working on for the kids.

I'm current through yesterday. I do some pocket pages and some regular layouts. Usually I do pocket pages as a monthly wrap up, but sometimes I do them weekly, I did it a lot this year to document all of the pandemic happenings, but nothing as structured as Project Life.

2021 I just would like to stay caught up and complete my kids favorite albums, or get them caught up. I'm doing 1 layout per month of my favorite photos of the kids in pocket style pages w/ no journaling. 10 year increments is my plan. So my daughter is 15, I have hers done through 10 years, my son is almost 13, I think I have 5 years of his done and my other son is 8, I haven't started his yet.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow, Vanessa--880 pages!!!! Amazing!

I am so proud of myself for keeping up with Project Life this year. I'll be ready to print when I see the first coupon of 2021!

In addition to this year's PL pages, I spent the first 4 months catching up on 2019 PL pages. There were 3 or 4 weeks that were holding me up because I just didn't have many photos. I finally "gave myself permission" to just combine those weeks. I think the 'boring' weeks with fewer photos & stories would be a great place to document things like what shows you're watching, books you're reading, a recipe you tried, etc.

My main motivation came from 2 places--- 1- having my 2018 & 2019 books printed (and the lesson that keeping up is easier than catching up!) and 2- checking in once or twice a week with my friend/"accountability partner"-- it was nice to report back that we had the previous week's page complete!

I definitely want to keep up with Project Life for 2021 & also work back on a simpler version for 2017 (I started PL in 2018). I am really going to focus on streamlining my processes, because I need to use my time more effectively if I'm ever going to finish the pages I want to do from our 2016 Disneyland trip! Haha...
Old 12-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

plans for next year - lots of changes which will result in happy scrapping again. Boy do I miss you all so very much!!

I did do PL one year. I got all the way through July/August when I stopped scrapping because I got pregnant with my son and was having trouble with my pregnancy. I didn't want to get too attached to the baby since they kept telling me I wouldn't be able to keep him. Obviously I had him, but I've never gone back and finished the album
Old 12-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been some form of pocket pages since 2012, and I am officially burnt out on it. I'm stuck in June 2019. So probably my 2021 goal will be to finish that. I'm doing 2020 using a mix of Cindy's Get It Scrapped and Brook's Pile Up and Book templates.

For 2021, I'm thinking about using Cindy's Mini Album 4 and the add-ons. There are lots of spaces for photos and words and cards, so it seems perfect.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Since 2013 I've been doing a mix of weekly pocket pages and traditional 12x12 pages. I'm way behind, but I keep plugging along because I like the finished product so much. I finish one year before I move onto the next (so that I can print each year), so I've got most years from 2013 through 2019 done. I should finish the first half of 2019 in the next few days, then I'll move onto the second half. Over the last few years I've made a point of taking fewer but more intentional photos, helped along by the fact that my kids avoid photos so I have to be selective and only request them when they really matter to me. So I'm getting through each recent year faster than the ones before since I am less overwhelmed with the sheer volume of photos.

I think my plan for 2021 is going to be the same as my plan for 2020, at least for the first half of 2021. We're doing so much less than usual, and the big stories affecting us are from the news rather than our own lives. So I'm going to use the handful of "real" photos of family life each month to scrap 12x12 layouts, not pocket style. Then I'm going to do a few pocket-style spreads each month with major news headlines and articles, primarily related to the pandemic and politics.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This past year I did weekly pocket pages + 12x12 layouts.

It helped me to pull the photos & screenshots into weekly folders and use Notepad to write down any journaling that I might forget if I didn't get to the pages right away. Using the "A" type pockets + 1 kit with readymade journaling cards per spread made it pretty easy to batch-scrap them every 3-4 weeks. I don't do PL in December since I do a separate DD album, and this year with the pandemic there were several weeks of PL that I just skipped entirely.

I'm really hoping by mid- to late summer that we'll be able to be out in the world again & then I plan on doing all the things, all the time and maybe have "too much" for my PL to contain!
Old 12-24-2020, 06:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did great this year.
I finished a lot of albums:
- 2019 yearbook
- 2018 vacation to the Netherlands
- 2019 vacation to the Netherlands
- 2019 family vacation to Center Parcs
- 2020 vacation to a friends' cabin

My goals for next year:

- I'm still scapping my 2020 vacation to Germany. I'm halfway and I am hoping to finish within a few months.
- I am caught up with my 2020 yearbook, so I'm hoping to finish it in the first two weeks of January
- I hope to go on vacation next year, so I'll probably will scrap that as well.
- And I hope to start and stay up to date with my 2021 yearbook.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My only plan for 2021 is to scrap more. This year sucked and I just wasn’t feeling it. I’ve cleaned my laptop up, renewed my ps subscription and I’m ready to go again. I can’t wait
Old 12-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I was pretty productive in the beginning of the lockdown, but once school started I've only scrapped a few pages.

My goal for 2021 is to try PL. I've wanted to do this for a couple of years, but I'm always worried I'll be great for a few months then become busy and get behind. I bought a couple of different templates during BF sale and going to give it a go.

I'm so far behind I'm going to need to retire to get caught up. I have 12 years that need to be completed.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

2021 I just want to scrap more. I was in a funk after the pandemic hit and working from home. So when work was done I didn't want to be at my computer any more.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back, Kim and great to see you, Wendy! My 2020 goal was finish 2019, so I guess 2021 will be to do 2020. I scrap mostly regular pages as I don't like pocket pages.
Have fun with whatever you decide to do!
Old 12-24-2020, 12:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I.can't.even.
LOL

I haven't thought about my scrap goals.
I would like to make a list of all unfinished and to-be-scrapped projects and start chipping away.
A priority will be
PL 2020
DD 2019
DD 2020
Old 12-24-2020, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm. . . maybe if we could call them tentative plans and ideas instead of goals, I'd be less afraid of thinking about All the Projects I have cooking right now. I'd like to get enough pages from old photos made to do a big photo book. I'm about halfway there, and since I don't have any grand plans to make them chronological, I can print what I have done at the time. I'm slowly working through 2009 and 2010, since those years didn't get scrapped very much at all and I was still paper-scrapping at the time. I need to finish up 2019. But it's Christmas pages, and I just can't seem to get myself to make them, lol. I have the first part of 2020 ready to print, but I lost a lot of steam when I had covid over the summer, so I need to figure out what I doing there. I basically want to keep scrapping as much as possible and enjoy it the whole time. As soon as it feels like work or an obligation, I lose interest.

Old 12-24-2020, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing PL again but changing it up and using Cindy's mini album 4 pictured above in the thread. I'm hoping a new set of templates will leave me reinvigorated. I'm a little worried about content and we don't go anywhere or do anything. I managed to do monthly pages in 2020 even with our boring life but planning to do weekly in 2021 and hope I don't regret that. How many pictures of our dog can I use? My 16 year olds are less cooperative with pictures and my 12 year old son seems to never be wearing pants. Lol.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I started a "diary" in 2020--but like, in mid-2020 lol. I'd like to finish my 2020 AJ diary by the end of this year so it's ready to print (a Blurb 6x9 trade book...which is why sometimes you'll see two small LOs on one "canvas" in my gallery).

Then I want to start my 2021 diary on Jan 1. I don't make a spread for each day; it's more for big events or big feelings. It would be cool to make a 2-page spread for each week, but I'm not going to hold myself to that; I'm worried if I make too strong of a Goal, then I may give up if I miss one week, ya know?

My other goal is to finish up my 12x12 2020 album asap so that I can print it during a big SF sale. Speaking of, I should actually get moving and upload LOs to SF! I'm the worst at actually taking that step lol!
Old 12-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well my goal for 2020 was to stay caught up with 2020 and that didn't happen...we took a trip to visit family in July and took a lot of photos, then went to Disney in November so I am behind again. I am almost done with 2005 which was a goal. I did get my 2018 DC trip done and our 2019 Universal trip done...Hoping to get some more "trips" done as well as finish 2020 and try again to stay on top of 2021.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:18 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies, I think I'm still undecided but will think about it more this week and hopefully come up with a plan. My past scrapping is all over the place so I will definitely keep chipping away at that but I want to attempt again to keep up with 2021. I think some new templates might help me too so will check out the ones mentioned above.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My goal for 2021 is to complete more passport challenges! I think of it every month and then forget and don't do it.

I also haven't done our 'yearbook' for 2019 or 2020, I want to do both of those - they aren't scrapbooks, just a collection of all our photos I get printed in a book. My dad passed in Oct 2019 so I didn't want to do it late in 2019, and have procrastinated since. I want to keep up on 2021 as well for it, uploading 2021 as the months go.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My goal is the same every year...just keeping scrapping.
Old 12-28-2020, 05:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't really plan any scrapping projects because I know I'll never finish them. I just keep scrapping away one or 2 photos/events at a time.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never done a Project life type of series- since I know I wouldn't stick with it for the long haul.

As for next year, I want to continue to scrap as much as possible. This year I made 407 layouts & I want to keep up that pace. However, I started a work from home side gig in August that has since taken up A LOT of my scrappy time- so it's definitely going to be a challenge to maintain that pace with all my other responsibilities.

I have done a December Daily since 2009, so I REALLY REALLY want to do one for this year- but haven't even started. :/
Old 12-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My goal is always 365 pages. I may not do them one a day but if I get that many done I feel productive.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always have the same scrappy goals every year..... scrap more, learn and switch over to using PS, Journal more etc. This year I'd also like to post in more places.... I love posting in the gallery here because it's feels like my scrappy 'home' and a safe place..... I get very nervous when it comes to posting on instagram, or in FB groups even though I really want to. I really want to build my IG gallery, and I really want to put more of myself out there. I really want to be able to try and get on a creative team or two this year as I miss being a part of a team so much, but I know that won't happen if I don't post more.