Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

78/79 in the summer and 67 (62 at night) in the winter. I'm stingy with my heating and cooling!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Summer- 78 during the day (with ceiling fans) and 75 at night. Compared to 98% humidity and over 100 degree temps 78 feels chilly.

Winter- 65 during the day (sometimes it gets bumped up if it is windy) and 68 at night.

We just got a new ac at the end of last summer so I am anxious to see if it reduces our summer electric bills.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

72 during the day time in the winter ... 69 at night ...

75 during the day in the summer ... 72 at night (sometimes lower...tend to have nightmares if we're too hot)
Old 02-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I HATE being hot - so like 74 in the summer (73 if I'm being naughty) and in the winter I'd let it get as cold as it'll get here in So Cal, but DH is worried about the kids, so he sets the heater to turn on if it gets colder than 65.

*My Etsy*
Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't turn our heater on at night but it rarely gets below 64 during the winter. I turn it up to 68 in the morning. Sometimes I'll crank it up to 70, but if I have to go get ready for work, that's too warm.

During the summer here, if I turn on the AC, it gets set at 78. I try not to run it all day, sometimes just in the afternoon till around bedtime, and we try to open up windows and sleep with no air on. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks during the summer, we have to run the AC all night, and that's only because it's humid and not cooling at night. That's one good thing about where I live in SoCal, it might get to 110 during the day, but cools off considerably at night, making for a comfy nights sleep! There are a few times I have to set it lower just to cool the house down...If I have to be at work in the evening, I like to crank the air on and cool it down so I can get ready. There is nothing worse than trying to blow dry and flat iron your hair while you're just standing there sweating!

Our electric bill is SO high. I try to be really careful. There are a few months where it gets over $500 a month....and that kills us!