Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Methotrexate users, I got a ?

So I've been using it for 2 months now exactly. I take it for my psoriasis (a skin disease).
It doesn't make me nauseous thank gosh! It has made me vomit, dizzy, some loss of appetite, and very tired.
I thought it was because I was sick 2 weeks ago and I was still re-cooping but the Dr says it's the medicine. I am debating about not taking it b/c of the way it makes me feel. I nap for like 2-3 hours during the day. I can't stay awake my body asks for sleep.
Have any of you felt this way on this med? It's a catch 22 right now b/c I like the results so far my scalp has cleared so much and my skin too but sighhhh what to do, what to do....
Mind you I am on a low dose, 4 pills a week. My mom takes 10!! I wouldn't survive on 10!
Any advice on changes to help the sleeping issues?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I work in a doctors office and know how challenging it cane be to remain on MTX. Maybe since you are getting good results with the 4 pills and it is already clearing after 2 months you could ask to only take 3 or 2 pills a week and gradually taper down to the dose that works for your skin/psoriasis and doesn't give you all the side effects or lessens the side effects . I know it is usually a balancing act to try to find the correct dosage that helps but doesn't give you too many side effects. Just my 2 cents Hope you feel better soon!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Jennifer. I may have to do that, Thanks again for the advice.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post
Thanks Jennifer. I may have to do that, Thanks again for the advice.
No problem! Hope everything works out!

Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i have a cousin who is on that too - and she did eventually go down to a lower dose. she said she was super tired all the time too. sorry!! i hope you can get by with less!!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Jennifer and Niki I'm hoping less is better :|

Old 02-28-2014, 05:11 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post
So I've been using it for 2 months now exactly. I take it for my psoriasis (a skin disease).
It doesn't make me nauseous thank gosh! It has made me vomit, dizzy, some loss of appetite, and very tired.
I thought it was because I was sick 2 weeks ago and I was still re-cooping but the Dr says it's the medicine. I am debating about not taking it b/c of the way it makes me feel. I nap for like 2-3 hours during the day. I can't stay awake my body asks for sleep.
Have any of you felt this way on this med? It's a catch 22 right now b/c I like the results so far my scalp has cleared so much and my skin too but sighhhh what to do, what to do....
Mind you I am on a low dose, 4 pills a week. My mom takes 10!! I wouldn't survive on 10!
Any advice on changes to help the sleeping issues?
I know exactly how you are feeling!!! I felt the same way when I was taking it for my psoriatic arthritis and hated how it made me feel. I was totally wiped out after taking it and would slowly pick up until time for the next dose.... To make matters worse, my hair started to fall out.... So I actually stopped taking it and am looking for an alternative. Hope you are feeling better