Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-26-2017, 02:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: What's your favorite holiday to scrap? (10/26)

What's your favorite holiday to scrap?

For me it's Halloween and Christmas.
I love Halloween and Halloween kits and eventhough we don't really celebrate it, I love scrapping with Halloween kits.
And I just love Christmas.

My least favorite holiday to scrap is Easter. I don't have a lot of Easter photos.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Same here, Sarah! I absolutely ADORE scrapping Christmasy photos I also love taking them!
Halloween - we don't celebate it either but we do it for fun at work, however, I don't really enjoy scrapping halloweeny stuff.
Easter - nah! Our Easter celebrations are VERY different than western culture's! Here the holiday is purely religious...we don't eat chocolate eggs and we don't play games like egg hunt, etc. The Easter bunny is not present in our celebration either! There's nothing fun about Easter in our culture so scrapping about it is not really my thing but I do enjoy seeing other people's pages
I love scrapping birthdays though.
New Year - I love the celebrations but don't usually scrap about it because taking photos is tough -- I prefer to enjoy the actual party and fireworks instead of taking pics which are also usually hard to capture in low light
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Halloween is the only holiday I love scrapping. When the kids were younger they were so excited about their costumes that it was one of the few times they'd actually *want* to pose for nice photos. Even now that they're older, they do it willingly because they know we won't start Trick or Treating until they do it!

On the kids' birthdays, I do a small photoshoot with them. I love scrapping those, but not the ones of their birthday party, blowing out the candles, etc.

Other than Halloween and the birthday photoshoot, I usually prefer scrapping everyday moments to holidays. There are fewer photos, and they tend to be better photos. Most holidays I scrap because I feel like I should, not because I'm excited about scrapping them. (In other words, I want the memories and traditions of the holiday in our books, but they're some of my least favorite pages to scrap.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 10-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love all holidays but I don't love scrapping all holidays. My favorites to scrap are probably Easter and thanksgiving. I love Christmas, but find it hard to scrap. There are SO many photos and I'm burned out and trying to finish up so many projects when it's time to start scrapping my holiday. I also have trouble using Christmas kits, though I think they're beautiful. They just don't match my colors or events that well. I usually press on and make myself finish my Christmas pages, but it's always with a sigh of relief when I'm done. I'm with Rachel about preferring everyday moments.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanksgiving is my favorite to scrap. At least one gathering with a lot of family, some that I don't get to see often. It's fun to see the kids grow and change. I like to do pages that reflect that growth and how our traditions change.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

For me no favorite holidays to scrap, but travels. But I do love scrapping my family' kid's birthdays because the send me a lot of colorful pictures.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love to scrap travels as well!

Old 10-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Halloween. I just love the colors.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love scrapping the Fourth of July! The last couple of years we've been at the lake & I've managed to get a pic of all of the cousins together on FOJ.

I do December Daily every year so you know I love scrapping Christmas but I hate doing present pages (same goes for birthdays). I usually just throw them on a multi-photo template and call it good.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I guess I have to say Christmas only because of December Daily and there are a ton of photos to scrap... however, I'm so bad at scrapping holiday photos. I spend more time on scrapping little things that happen that I don't want to forget... or travel layouts.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hate scrapping holidays. Even when we're in the States with our families and I have plenty of photos, I hate Christmas colors. Or maybe it feels mandatory, and I like having the freedom to choose from any kit I want. I'm super weird.