Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 28th

Today I am thankful for my health, even though I need to work on parts of it. As a cancer survivor, I know how lucky I am to be in relatively good health. I also know that good health is everything at the end of the day, so I am going to continue to work on mine, even if I am feeling discouraged about my diet and weight loss.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that my parents live close and we visit often.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:31 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that my mother is still with me at 87.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so thankful for my in laws. I hear so many complain about the dreaded Mother in law. I can't complain...This sweet woman would drop anything and everything to help us out or help my kids. They take my boys every summer for a few weeks as does my mom. My father in law even flew out here when the boys were little and took them back alone.
Over the summer we had a C0V1D scare with hubby and had to cancel their flights back...The oldest had not seen his girlfriend in a month (which is a lifetime in teen years). He was supposed to go to a wedding on Saturday with the GF and family, scare happened on Wednesday. Hubby was getting tested on Friday. My amazing father in law threw the kids in the car early Thursday and drove from VA to Texas. He figured if the test was positive he would get a hotel until after the wedding and head back. Thankfully it was negative and we had no worries...but another example of the selfless love these people have for my kids. <3 I don't know what I would do with out them. My MIL calls almost daily if not then every other day. Love them!!
Old 11-29-2021, 01:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for music today: what I like and what I don't like as well as how much it can mean to someone(s) and how it has changed lives.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today, I'm thankful for an old-school paper cutter. I had to make raffle tickets for our school fundraiser and thought I'd use my brand-new Cricut Maker 3 (another thing I'm thankful for) to cut them. After a trip to Staples for the tickets, and Michael's to get a perforation blade, and then another trip to Michael's to get a cutting mat (since I didn't even realize that they don't come with one) I thought I was ready to cut. Nope. Staples resized my image when they printed, and so I had to re-configure my cutting template. Then a million test cuts just to make sure. Then when I went to cut the first page of tickets, the page defaulted back to the wrong spot and that page of tickets was ruined. More messing around and I finally gave up... after 4 hours!... and used my old paper cutter to cut the damn tickets. No pretty perforation line to rip off the stub, but at that point I didn't care anymore. I poured some wine and felt much happier. Oh ya, I'm also thankful for wine.

And I'm heading to Staples again to pick up the newly printed page of tickets that got wrecked.