Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes 45 39.13%
No 70 60.87%
Not sayin'.....tee hee 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I have 3.
A star on my left wrist.
Wings with cancer ribbons in them on my back. My uncle passed away of lung cancer and to honor him I got wings with the ribbon in them on the 2 yr anniversary. I'm going to add to them too.

A flower on my hip
Old 02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

none here. kinda always wanted one but scared, lol. i've been watching LA Ink and if i were to get one i'd love to go there; they are sooo talented!!

if i did get one probably something small relating to my kids.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No tattoos for me please. I have absolutely nothing against them, I just can't think of anything that I want permanently on my body. That and I realllly don't want to deal with the pain of getting one!! I'm definitely a wimp when it comes to needles!!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe Pearn View Post
That's pretty Traci! I'm too scared to have a tattoo (needle-phobic) but I would love to get one some day. I want something about the size of that one, but starting on my hip and coming around to the front, kind of over my rib cabe stopping under my miniscule boobs - LOL! Something with birds. Like the old school bluebirds, maybe a scroll with a message. I love those.

Of course I want a mega tattoo as my first one - I don't do things by halves - LOL! And that's probably why I'll never end up getting one

I do/did have a pierced belly button though. But it's closed up now since I had Josh - I took it out when I found out I was pregnant as I saw the scars they can leave if you leave them in - ouch!!
Rib tats are the worst! If mine had been my first, I never would have gotten another. My first was on my lower back, but not in the "tramp stamp" spot. It's the United Methodist cross and flame, btw. My second is on my sternum, right underneath my boobs. This one is a tribal-like butterfly. It will need some serious attention when I'm done having kids. Pain-wise, it was my easiest, I think. The lily on my ribs though, hurt, and it hurt BADLY! I'm not looking forward to the outlining that will need to be done to finish it up, as the outline always seems to be the worst.

For my fourth, I want to get a mother's knot behind some version of the international breastfeeding symbol with the words "life" and "love" somehow worked in. I would like for this to be black and grey with a touch of blue and at the base of my neck.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
none here. kinda always wanted one but scared, lol. i've been watching LA Ink and if i were to get one i'd love to go there; they are sooo talented!!

if i did get one probably something small relating to my kids.
They are flippin' amazing! Seriously. I had NO idea the stuff they were putting out until I started watching some reruns of it. I'm hooked now. Corey's work and Dan's work are fantabulous! Kat's not shabby either, but I really enjoy Corey's stuff.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh I wanna play!

I have a small tattoo just above the small of my back, dead center where my spine "dips". It's a star with swirls and four tiny stars dancing around it. It's 6 years old now (I got it when I was 18), so it definitely need to be touched up, but I still adore it. I agree with with someone else said -- I don't get to enjoy it much because I hardly ever see it. Now that I still have a post-pregnancy body in need of quite a bit of work, I barely ever see it.

It's in memory of my great grandmother!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
None here...heck I change clothes ten times before leaving the house and you want me to pick something I have to wear everyday HAHAHAHA!!!

You're right though, sometimes it's the people you least expect to have them that do.
DITTO! Just this morning before leaving to go to sis' house (an hour away) to watch my nieces in a basketball tournament... I changed my shirts like 5 times ... then ran out of time to change to any others. dh just laid there in bed and laughed at each change ... which made me want to change again!

Never plan on having one ... and each of the boys have been told "any piercings or tattoos and you're out on your butt" ... so everyone in the house is "pure". Don't ever expect to see any on my boys ... but told them just in case they ever had a thought about it.

My mom has one ... and she is one you would never expect ... but it was after all the kids had left the house ... never told the story of getting one ... but 99.9% sure it was after the divorce and out drinking with her bff (who has I am guessing a couple of them "under cover").
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I'm coming in way late on this because I've been outta town.

I have seven. No one would really expect that of me either. I could rummage up pictures of them but I'm lazy at the moment. My favorite one is on my foot, my least favorite one is on my side. They all represent a moment in my life but I'm done getting them, or at least I think I am.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one. lower back, it's double horseshoes with some vines running through it. Got it when I was 18, on my first adventure (I flew from CA to Missouri for a week). I don't hardly see it, but still love it, sometimes forget its there, no one else sees it very often either.

I want to get one symbolizing my children/marriage, but have yet to decide what/where/when.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have one, so I had to vote "no"...but I'm currently designing mine...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I was gone all weekend and want to join in too

I have 2, and I want more. I had the first designed for almost 2 years before I finally went and got it done. It's on my inner left hip and it's a shooting star with starbursts. The shooting star represents me, and the starbursts are those that I have lost, watching over me. I need to add another starburst to represent my grandfather.

My second is on the outer part of my left ankle. It says "Girl" in old english writing, and the "i" is a 4 leaf clover. I'm very attached to my irish heritage, and Colleen literally means girl in Irish (or celtic, or whatever).

Jordan HATES tattoo's, and would probably not be happy if I got another. But it's my body, and I know he won't love me any less if I get one. So once I decide on a design, and a placement, I do want to get another one.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No way, no how! Sometimes I see ones on other people that I like, but I wouldn't want something permanently on me. Plus, I would never trust someone to put a design on me -- what if they did a bad job or I ended up not liking it? Nope, not for me.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm late to the party too..but anyways I have 4
I'm proud of my "tramp stamp"..it's a pretty butterfly

I have a sun/moon/stars on my shoulder/upper back

I have a chinese symbol on my hipbone..bikini line

and I have a flower on my foot...I think of all of them the foot hurt the worst

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I don't have any but I have been thinking about getting one since I turned 21...now I am almost 33!!! hmmmmm
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So far I have one. It's on the inside of my left ankle - I wanted it somewhere I could see it all the time. It's a celtic/knotted heart design. I LOVE it. I may get it colored some day. I want to get another one on my back/left shoulder of a butterfly on a branch with a cocoon, but I need to find an awesome tattoo artist to design it for me.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
None for me. No desire.
This is me too.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmom View Post
I don't have any but I have been thinking about getting one since I turned 21...now I am almost 33!!! hmmmmm
We are totally going to LA at some point. Just need to decide what I want done there because I'm afraid of how much the one on my ribs will cost. I know who I want to do the work, though.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post
We are totally going to LA at some point. Just need to decide what I want done there because I'm afraid of how much the one on my ribs will cost. I know who I want to do the work, though.
Hahah yeah it would be fun to go together and get it done. I still want to do the vine with my kids initials in it. I just need someone really talented to draw it up.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yes'm unfortunately, i don't have the cash flow that i did years back when i first started having my tattoos done...so i haven't had one in over a year

i'll see if i can dig up some pics

Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

okay- this isn't working out so well :P

1. red lotus on upper back with ohm symbol in the center
2. purple rose on left shoulder with grandpa's initials
3. ankh on left wrist
4. 'Aidan' (my youngest) on left forearm
5. 'RJ' in hearts and viney thing (lol) on right forearm
6. 3 (mario-ish) stars behind left ear
7. 3 cherry blossoms on what used to be my left hip hehe
8. 'T' (initial) on back of neck

i *think* that's it.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i have one on the back of my left shoulder. got it when i was 20, during my senior year in college. it's a stylized soaring bird (i got off a Japanese graphic art book) my friend's friend did it and i had to buy my own needles LOL it wasn't particularly painful.
I sometimes regret having it, as i have to make sure it doesn't show when i go to formal parties.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

I have one for now. I got it just after Mama died. It says "Love, Mom" in her handwriting and it's on my back left shoulder. I wanted to start with something small because I was afraid I would pass it. It hurt like hell.

Also, for anyone who is interested in going to High Voltage Tattoo (LA Ink), they do have a $200 minimum, so it's not the best place to go for a small piece. We went to the shoppe when we were in LA last year and it was rad, but yeah..couldn't get a small something done because of that.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!