Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads 2020... March

Alrighty!! Let's DO this
I hope you'll all join in and share what you've read since our last check-in.
What were some of your favorites... major disappointments??

My favorites reads for February were...
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern -- I LOVED this book... but will admit that it took me two tries to get through it. Taking a break halfway through and then coming back to it really helped. Gah. I finished wishing for more more more of Dorian!
Criminal Intentions Series by Cole McCade -- I'm loving this series! It's gritty with some wonderfully intriguing characters. It's reads much like watching a criminal TV series.
Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah -- this one was fairly predictable... but liked the characters
The Vanished Birds by Simon Jimenez -- This would have been a 5 star for me if the ending hadn't been so abrupt... but perhaps I'm just selfish and wasn't ready for it to end.
The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin -- I loved these characters... but their journeys made me so sad. If I hadn't been left feeling so depressed after, I might have given it 5 stars.

My disappointments for the month:
The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny -- not because it's a bad book though! this is the 5th book in the series and just wasn't as good as the first four. I am hoping book 6 jumps back on track. Really great writing.
Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn -- It just didn't live up to all the hype for me ... meh.

Last edited by lingovise; 03-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.