Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default I really love my husband BUT...

If he does not start getting rid of some of his "junk" I am gonna scream. That is all...just needed to say it because Im sure you all will understand and you know better then screaming at him LOL

Last edited by jessica31876; 02-29-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, I say that but with his Army gear... he has a whole storage room just for his army gear, but its all over my house!!!!! Rucks are exploding all over my livingroom. There is gas masks, and chemical suits next to My Bed! I totally understand, and it drives me bonkers too.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Try having your mother, the pack rat, live with you. So much stuff. I actually started sneaking things out with the garbage about a month ago. She's not even noticed. lol
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband doesn't have 'stuff'. In this house its me and the kids with all the stuff. LOL
Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fortunately, my hubby and I are both on a "get rid of stuff" kick right now! Now if we could just get the kids on board
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Fortunately, my hubby and I are both on a "get rid of stuff" kick right now! Now if we could just get the kids on board
We're on the same kick (minus the kids of course) but I just haven't had time to go through everything and I'm missing a few things that are important so I can't just toss without looking.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I would be happy if I could convince him we do not need the VHS tapes anymore. We have no VCR!! He says well we can get a DVD/VCR combo. Ummm no not when we already have a brand new DVD player. Blah
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol, Jessica. I sell his stuff before we move each time. He is always at work when I do it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Most of my husbands junk is stuff from when he did auto bodywork. Just random moldings, emblems, nuts, bolts, screws, clips etc. While they are not really "junk" because some of the emblems/moldings/clips etc cost quite a bit of money unless he found someone who needed them they are just taking up room in our house. We really need a shed or some sort of storage building or he needs to take them to a body shop and just sell them the whole lot for whatever they are willing to pay. Most of the parts are for Ford because he worked at a Ford dealership for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
lol, Jessica. I sell his stuff before we move each time. He is always at work when I do it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I say that but with his Army gear... he has a whole storage room just for his army gear, but its all over my house!!!!! Rucks are exploding all over my livingroom. There is gas masks, and chemical suits next to My Bed! I totally understand, and it drives me bonkers too.
Thats cause they give us so much junk and give us no where to store it at work! I have mine all over the place, too. lol My chem gear is in my freakin trunk.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ah, yes, I've had those "does the gas mask really need to be in the living room?" convos before too, haha. What I don't understand is WHY do they issue them so much stuff? I mean, we had at least 3 sleeping bags at one point. 3! For one person! It's ridiculous.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jessica, I would totally box up as much as I could and sell it. I'm an anti hoarder. Expect with SB stuff.
Mari, I remember them giving me all kinds of stuff but his is way worse since we are overseas. Heck, they even assigned the kids and me gas masks. Sometimes I wonder what a normal house would look like when there is not so much camo everywhere!
Lynnette, I would start loaning them out to my kids for sleepovers if we had that many.
Its nice to know some people feel my pain. I'm sorry but I'm tired of climbing bed and finding a cap under my covers or even once his gloves to his NBC gear! Seriously, in the bed! My husband has a nack for collecting camelbaks. I believe we have 7 here now. We have the tiniest car in he world since we live in SK, so his trunk(what little trunk there is) is full of gear, so is the storage room, the balacony and still all over.

Last edited by Milmomma; 03-01-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: fix spelling