Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 11-30-2019, 09:44 PM
lingovise's Avatar
lingovise lingovise is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,553
Default December 2019: Passport FAQ


If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Legacy
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : SSD Mega-Collabs
Creating our team mega-collabs has become a tradition for any of our big events! Use one of them on your next page.

#3. Featured : Ponytails & Red Ivy
Our featured designer articles have been expanded since we started our alphabet inspired series, and are showcased on the blog each time a new designer goes into the spotlight. Your challenge is to use any solo product from one of our featured designers this month PLUS discover something from either Nat or Alice's interviews this month to use as inspiration for a layout, be sure to tell us what inspired you in your gallery comments!

The following are a few ideas on how you may glean inspiration from a FD interview... Using this interview with Meg [featured in December] ... You might be inspired by the red and white cookie jars in her kitchen to scrap a red & white layout. Maybe you'd like to include the quote she shared “The Best Thing About Memories Is Making Them” on your page, maybe you were inspired by the letter “G” to scrap your own OLW starting with the letter G... or perhaps you might simply want to lift one of the layouts created by the Babes to show off the FD freebie. It’s totally up to YOU to decide how you'd want to be loosely inspired by one of our FD blog posts.

#4. Inspired By : Flowcharts
Create a flowchart on your next page (bonus points if you can include photos!)


#5. List : Making a list… checking it twice!
Include a gift wish list on your next page!

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Holiday Lights
Use these tips for taking photos of holiday lights and include your favorite shining & sparkly images on your next page!

#8. Quote : Use the following quote on your page.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
You can also creatively incorporate quotes into your page using journal cards or including the quote within your journaling.

#9. Seasonal : SSD Advent Calendar
Our advent calendar is back for 2019! Use the incredible free kit you’ll collect throughout December to scrap your goals for 2020!

#10. Typography : Holiday Fonts
Use any of these free holiday fonts that don’t suck on your next page!

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Visual Triangle
In celebration of the shape of a Christmas tree, use the visual triangle on your next page! Here’s a helpful tutorial too!

#13. Journal : Family Traditions
Do you have any family traditions? Tell us about those you look forward to the most, or even the least.

#14. Currently : Celebrating ...

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **


#16. Rewind / Flashback : Torn Paper Edges
Torn paper edges used to be all the rage, and they are a perfect tribute to all of the gifts that will be torn open this month! Use a paper tear on your next page!




#17. Scrap Stash: Happy Holidays
Use a holiday kit you bought years ago, but still haven’t gotten around to using.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.
__________________

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 11-30-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,210
Default

I might (okay I know I am) be overthinking this one
#1. One Little Word : Legacy
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

By definition, Legacy means:
* an amount of money or property left to someone in a will.
(i've never been left anything)

* an applicant to a particular college or university who is regarded preferentially because a parent or other relative attended the same institution.
(my child didn't go to the same college as my husband or myself, nor us to our parents)

* denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
(I have no idea what this even means! )

How are you all scrapping this challenge, Legacy?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,210
Default

And one more

#17. Scrap Stash: Happy Holidays
Use a holiday kit you bought years ago, but still haven’t gotten around to using.

Does this HAVE to be Christmas? Or can it be a different holiday?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2019, 12:38 PM
southernmother's Avatar
southernmother southernmother is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I might (okay I know I am) be overthinking this one
#1. One Little Word : Legacy
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

By definition, Legacy means:
* an amount of money or property left to someone in a will.
(i've never been left anything)

* an applicant to a particular college or university who is regarded preferentially because a parent or other relative attended the same institution.
(my child didn't go to the same college as my husband or myself, nor us to our parents)

* denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
(I have no idea what this even means! )

How are you all scrapping this challenge, Legacy?
I am not sure what dictionary you used but Mirriam Webster has different definitions of the word. Definition 2 is what I thought the word meant and is what I will be keeping in mind as I scrap my layout.

Legacy

leg·​a·​cy | \ ˈle-gə-sē \
plural legacies
Definition of legacy (Entry 1 of 2)

1: a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : BEQUEST
She left us a legacy of a million dollars.

2: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past
the legacy of the ancient philosophers
The war left a legacy of pain and suffering.

3: a candidate for membership in an organization (such as a school or fraternal order) who is given special status because of a familial relationship to a member
Legacies, or children of alumni, are three times more likely to be accepted to Harvard than other high school graduates with the same (sometimes better) scores …
— Michael Lind
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2019, 12:39 PM
southernmother's Avatar
southernmother southernmother is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 319
Default

Does anyone have any ideas for color challenge kits?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2019, 02:24 PM
3BluEyedBabi's Avatar
3BluEyedBabi 3BluEyedBabi is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 955
Default

For #17-Scrap Stash

Would it be okay to use a template we haven't used before? I don't have anything holiday-related that I haven't used....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 4,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmother View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for color challenge kits?
A lot of Christmas kits could work. Remember it doesn't have to include all the colors listed.
A few I found just in the new releases:



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-2019, 02:32 PM
3BluEyedBabi's Avatar
3BluEyedBabi 3BluEyedBabi is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmother View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for color challenge kits?
How about these?




__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 4,100
Default

I'm a bit lost with the Flow Chart!
How is everyone doing this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmother View Post
I am not sure what dictionary you used but Mirriam Webster has different definitions of the word. Definition 2 is what I thought the word meant and is what I will be keeping in mind as I scrap my layout.

Legacy

leg·​a·​cy | \ ˈle-gə-sē \
plural legacies
Definition of legacy (Entry 1 of 2)

1: a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : BEQUEST
She left us a legacy of a million dollars.

2: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past
the legacy of the ancient philosophers
The war left a legacy of pain and suffering.

3: a candidate for membership in an organization (such as a school or fraternal order) who is given special status because of a familial relationship to a member
Legacies, or children of alumni, are three times more likely to be accepted to Harvard than other high school graduates with the same (sometimes better) scores …
— Michael Lind
Just googled "Legacy definition" and it's what came up on the internet search.

So Legacy is memories left behind from one generation to the next? That works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm a bit lost with the Flow Chart!
How is everyone doing this?
Brainstorming that one as well!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:39 PM
nietis's Avatar
nietis nietis is offline
Babe Lead
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 17,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
#17. Scrap Stash: Happy Holidays
Use a holiday kit you bought years ago, but still haven’t gotten around to using.

Does this HAVE to be Christmas? Or can it be a different holiday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
For #17-Scrap Stash

Would it be okay to use a template we haven't used before? I don't have anything holiday-related that I haven't used....
It's ok for it to be non-Christmas and if it's a template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Just googled "Legacy definition" and it's what came up on the internet search.

So Legacy is memories left behind from one generation to the next? That works?
YES to the last definition. That would be what come into my mind when I scrap that word.

Ps. Sorry for taking a while in replying. My internet has been moody. I think *she* needs some spanking. *gah*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 PM
southernmother's Avatar
southernmother southernmother is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
A lot of Christmas kits could work. Remember it doesn't have to include all the colors listed.
A few I found just in the new releases:



Thanks for the ideas! I wanted to use the yellow and had an idea of Christmas.. but i couldnt find anything Christmas with that yellow in there lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:03 PM
southernmother's Avatar
southernmother southernmother is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Just googled "Legacy definition" and it's what came up on the internet search.

So Legacy is memories left behind from one generation to the next? That works?


Brainstorming that one as well!
Yes, that is what legacy is.

That flow chart challenge is totally messing with my brain LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:10 PM
cherrygutz's Avatar
cherrygutz cherrygutz is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmother View Post
That flow chart challenge is totally messing with my brain LOL
I asked my daughter's help to make me a flow chart, we'll see
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 4,100
Default

If you haven't seen, I posted my FlowChart last night... it was hard and time consuming but hopefully it can help some of you with inspiration.
__________________

Last edited by Leablahblah; 12-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Neverland Scraps's Avatar
Neverland Scraps Neverland Scraps is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
It's ok for it to be non-Christmas and if it's a template.


YES to the last definition. That would be what come into my mind when I scrap that word.

Ps. Sorry for taking a while in replying. My internet has been moody. I think *she* needs some spanking. *gah*
Thank you Sherly! I thought about it after I asked the question, if that's what we were supposed to scrap. But the definition that I found online was throwing me off. I told you I thought I was overthinking the word!

I'm sorry about your internet I hope you are able to whip her back to shape and keep her working. Although she's probably annoyed with DSD weekend, Black Friday and Cyber Monday that she's exhausted!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Jenn_46's Avatar
Jenn_46 Jenn_46 is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 163
Default

#2 Mega Collab Question
Hello, it's been a year and a half since I've been playing along with the challenges and posted anything. Life got super busy on me suddenly. But now I am trying to get back into the swing of things and motiviated. I was looking through my stash of kits, trying to see if I have any mega collabs. Is there a place in the store you have them all listed? I have an old kit called "Feelin the Blues" that is by a whole bunch of the designers that I think would qualify as a mega collab, but wasn't sure. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-08-2019, 01:59 PM
angels's Avatar
angels angels is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 1,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
#2 Mega Collab Question
Hello, it's been a year and a half since I've been playing along with the challenges and posted anything. Life got super busy on me suddenly. But now I am trying to get back into the swing of things and motiviated. I was looking through my stash of kits, trying to see if I have any mega collabs. Is there a place in the store you have them all listed? I have an old kit called "Feelin the Blues" that is by a whole bunch of the designers that I think would qualify as a mega collab, but wasn't sure. Thanks!
I think this kit works for this challenge
__________________
Creating for Laura Wilkerson Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Jan/Feb 2020 Guest for DSI Jan/Feb/Mar 2020
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-08-2019, 05:11 PM
jacinda's Avatar
jacinda jacinda is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 17,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
#2 Mega Collab Question
Hello, it's been a year and a half since I've been playing along with the challenges and posted anything. Life got super busy on me suddenly. But now I am trying to get back into the swing of things and motiviated. I was looking through my stash of kits, trying to see if I have any mega collabs. Is there a place in the store you have them all listed? I have an old kit called "Feelin the Blues" that is by a whole bunch of the designers that I think would qualify as a mega collab, but wasn't sure. Thanks!


Yes this is a mega collab because it's by all the designers and not just 2 or 3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative