Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Is anyone else STUCK?

I feel so defeated this month..... I started April out with high hopes, and a plan to get lots of scrapping done in the month. I chose photos and kits for all of the passport challenges on April 1st, I didn't set any specific goals, but I was excited to know what i'd be scrapping as that always makes the process go so much fast for me.

Fast Forward to today.... the last day of the month and I have scrapped ZERO layouts... Nothing done, all my planning wasted..... I feel super sad as I have bought more supplies the past two months than I think I did in all of 2019 (maybe not that much, but it sure feels like it), and I really want to use all the sweet goodies that I was so excited to get my hands on.

I don't want to blame my lack of getting things done on Quarantine because to be honest, self isolation was my normal everyday life before it was enforced as something we 'had to do', but I guess maybe the fact that everyone being home and not having my usual quiet time is contributing to my desire to do nothing..... I dunno.

I Really hope iNSD can snap me out of this funk, I have been looking forward to it since the end of last years weekend......

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.... and also, Sorry for posting a venty post.... I hope everyone has a FUN and creative weekend..... your chatter, and beautiful layouts filling the gallery always make me smile
Old 04-30-2020, 12:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I totally could have written this post! I have completed 5 pages this month. Every single one has taken me forever to do and I don't really love any of them. I have trashed more pages than I ever have before. I'm not even quarantined as I am an essential worker, but I'm definitely in a funk!
Old 04-30-2020, 02:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you lost your funk! I hope you can slowly start scrapping again. Maybe you set yourself too high of a goal and felt overwhelmed.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Don't beat yourself up

We all have those weeks, months and even years. Even though it's the last day of the month and you didn't scrap the planned layouts that you had done earlier this month, doesn't stop you for making that happen next month. Take a deep breath, tomorrow's another day that you can start off fresh and clean with a new layout--or even the bones of a new layout!

Old 04-30-2020, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jenn....quarantine time has been weird for most all of us, even those of use like you and I who are usually home. My schedule hasn't changed, I'm still working (at home) but it's the family members who are now home and the change in their schedules that has changed my scrapping time.

Not the end of the world to miss the challenges this month. There is always next month, the month after....and so on and so on.

You know your digi purchases will get used eventually If you don't feel like scrapping much, find something else to do, you'll come back to it when you feel motivated. I know I'm not chatting as much, I'm watching more TV shows with family and just hanging out more with them b/c they are around a lot now.

Emotionally, I am ok one minute and then stressed the next, so don't try to think it through too much, must keep busy and stay away from the news other than morning check-in with our local news.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got less than 10 done, and that was really just because of my team layouts.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It is such a weird time, I am a homebody by nature but even I'm just struggling with being home all the time and sometimes find myself doing nothing (because there are people here all the time now always - and these people are loud and demand so much food lol - love my kids but it's different than normal).
I agree though, don't beat yourself up about it. I think the world is in the same boat. I am one who is also totally fine one minute or one day am so productive and then the next day want to do nothing but lay around and watch tv - and for no good reason that I can think of except feeling stuck. I try those days to make lists of simple things to accomplish and allow the time to just sit and watch tv or read some too.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I hate that there are so many of you feeling the same way, but it does help to know I am not alone and that we are all in this together. I hope we all have better days scrapping and just in general ahead.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2020, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jenn, we all have those periods. Maybe this weekend will be your motivating factor to get your mojo back!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you get over your funk soon, but I have to say that I hear ya! My life inside my house hasn't changed except my kids are home now, but knowing there isn't life outside my house has made me a little weird. Not all the time--just every now and then. We are all adjusting to a new normal, but thankfully one thing hasn't changed and that's the great community here. Happy iNSD to everyone!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hope you're funk ends soon. I felt that way at the end of March and beginning of April. Before I came along here in mid February, I had been on a SEVEN year scrapping break. Ack!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I hear you too Jenn, I'm a homebody too but this is probably a teeny tiny tooooo much! I am mostly on top of things, but have found my designing mojo is not where it usually is or should be, but... like everyone here has said, we are all in the same boat and to put pressure on where it really doesn't need to be is not conducive to moving forward.

We are holding out until May 11 when our state of emergency is supposed to be lifted and our PM will, hopefully, loosen up on the restrictions. We are SO grateful that Australia is doing so well and even more grateful for the government we have right now, they seem to be doing their utmost best to get us out of this mess with as little damage as possible.

Hang in there, it will get better, it just has to. enjoy this coming weekend with us and hopefully your funk will lift and you can get back into our favourite hobby.

And Char, can't believe you took SEVEN years, I remember when we were at the same store together back in the day xx
Old 04-30-2020, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think that some days just surviving takes up all of my energy. You really need sun mental space, emotional energy, I don’t know what to call it, but you need it in order to be creative. Some days I really want to scrap but when I sit down to do it, it feels like a heavy burden instead of a fun hobby.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me. Very stuck. I feel you!
Old 05-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hugs, lady! I've been feeling the same with the whole quarantine thing & so many changes in our home life. I finally scrapped a couple of things late in the month (after nothing for 2+ months).

What got me going was looking at the kits I bought & remembering what pictures/ideas I had when I bought them. Just went and grabbed a cute template & went for it. Hope your NSD weekend provides some inspiration to get back in it!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of people are in the same position now, in terms of lack of motivation. In January and February I was such a productive scrapper, partly due to the birthday festivities here. (Was that REALLY just a few months ago?) Then starting with early March I felt like all my evenings were getting consumed by news and the emerging situation. Then schools and work closed in mid-March, and I've hardly gotten any scrapping done since. It isn't even being home--I don't mind that. I work part time, and normally I do all my work while the kids are in school. Evenings and weekends I had a good amount of free time to scrap. But now DH works long days from home, so I'm helping with schooling while doing all the cooking and cleaning. (And don't even get me started on meal planning and shopping--between meal planning, online shopping, making a trip to get what wasn't delivered, and then revising the meal plans for what we actually have, meal planning and shopping are taking like 2 full days every other week! It's crazy, but at least we have food!) So evenings and weekends are when I need to get my work done. Technically I could still scrap on the evenings and weekend days I'm not working, but I'm just so mentally exhausted by then that I'm not scrapping much. Hoping this weekend changes that!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping I think is the only thing that has been keeping me sane.

I got a new laptop in February and I'm so glad I did, so I've been able to sit on the couch and get a ton done, but the weather has been crap and I've been focusing all of my energy on this.

My mood has been terrible, this has been my "lockdown goal" to get caught up. So far, i've been moving pretty quickly, but we'll see if I can keep up with the motivation I've had so far.

Hugs, I'm sure your mojo will be back.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:36 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hahahaha... yes I've been stuck for 3 years!! Every since my son was born, I've barely scrapped a thing. I finally unzipped all the things i downloaded for iNSD 3 years ago!! I was adding things to cart today and got the friendly message "You've already purchased this. Check your stash" and sure enough.... I purchased it 3 years ago and forgot!! I did memory planning for awhile and have been crazy obsessed with watercolor painting, but my digi scrap stash has been untouched... YIKES! BUT THIS IS THE MONTH! hahaha (yeah right...)
Old 05-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal_sheep View Post
Hahahaha... yes I've been stuck for 3 years!! Every since my son was born, I've barely scrapped a thing. I finally unzipped all the things i downloaded for iNSD 3 years ago!! I was adding things to cart today and got the friendly message "You've already purchased this. Check your stash" and sure enough.... I purchased it 3 years ago and forgot!! I did memory planning for awhile and have been crazy obsessed with watercolor painting, but my digi scrap stash has been untouched... YIKES! BUT THIS IS THE MONTH! hahaha (yeah right...)
haha, yes, I have been there before too! So glad you are back and finding you way back into your stash
Old 05-04-2020, 10:20 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Hope you're funk ends soon. I felt that way at the end of March and beginning of April. Before I came along here in mid February, I had been on a SEVEN year scrapping break. Ack!
Same here! I was a designer for three years (not here at SSD) and mostly a paper scrapper, and after I retired from designing I just lost my steam. I got lost in other hobbies for about 7 years before I decided to come back to digital scrapping for good.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am a total homebody, but working from home for the real job instead of just the fun job of designing has really strained me and my mojo. Frankly I am tired of staring at the walls of my in home office, talking to myself and trying to figure out how to do things off site that I really need to be on site for. By the time I am done for the day, I am just done, so designing has been really low on my list of things I want to do. Frankly, I just want to eat ice cream, curled up in bed with a soft blanket and a good book. Anything else, I am just meh about.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:41 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I think that some days just surviving takes up all of my energy. You really need sun mental space, emotional energy, I don’t know what to call it, but you need it in order to be creative. Some days I really want to scrap but when I sit down to do it, it feels like a heavy burden instead of a fun hobby.
I hear you! You've articulated very well what I've been struggling with this past 2 months. xx

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 05-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

April was a really bad month for me creatively..... I hardly scrapped at all and did not paint at all.

I should have tons of time and energy but I have no motivation.... I did repaint and redo the playroom... but my inner artist is screaming to come out....

And now I am dealing with a sick man child.... He has been home last two days with fever... after two teledoc appoints and a visit to doctor at local hospital.... he has a horrid inner ear infection... he just started second round of antibiotics and drops. So HE is taking my scrap time now.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow